Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starwood Lurker
If you're here, you are obviously experiencing some issues with the web site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. We have an interest in giving you the best web experience possible, so here are some tips on how to get any problems resolved:

First of all, the web assistance team has this suggestion for you:

"We first suggest the normal steps of clearing their cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Starwood Preferred Guest account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for them to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.

If you are having an issue with any of the SPG apps, you can send the following information directly to the SPG App team at [email protected]:

-What device and operating system are you using?
-What version of our app do you have installed?
-What is the problem you have encountered?
Print Wikipost

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 8:54 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Sirecca
the booking engine assumes a one night stay beginning with today's date in determining availability. However, it doesn't do this for the initial display of hotels in the areas, but only after you select "Enter Dates." So if you select a hotel that's not available tonight, you get an error message.
And since it is already tomorrow in Asia when I check today, the hotels all came up with the message that I had to call to make a reservation rather than a message saying that the date had passed.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:56 am
POH

Programs: *Wood Gold, MP, SM, M&M, DM, HH Gold [Revoked], PC Gold, WP
Question Lufthansa disappears

When I'm NOT signed in to starwood.com and visit this page which lists all of the airline transfer partners, Lufthansa is one of my transfer options.

BUT, when I sign in and visit the same page, Lufthansa is no longer listed as a transfer partner.

Is this a problem or am I excluded from transferring to Lufthansa? (The phone rep said I could xfr to LH.)

Ideas?
Old Jan 14, 2005, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by POH
When I'm NOT signed in to starwood.com and visit this page which lists all of the airline transfer partners, Lufthansa is one of my transfer options.

BUT, when I sign in and visit the same page, Lufthansa is no longer listed as a transfer partner.

Is this a problem or am I excluded from transferring to Lufthansa? (The phone rep said I could xfr to LH.)

Ideas?
The way the site apparently SHOULD work is as follows:

1. When you are NOT signed in, all transfer partner airlines are shown in a pulldown list.

2. When you ARE signed in, the transfer partners that you have already registered in your SPG profile are listed, with a radio button (circular check box) on the left of each of them and your frequent flyer number on the right; then below that is the pulldown list of the REST of the transfer partners.

So, you are saying that when you are signed in, Lufthansa is NOT listed with a radio button on the left and your FF number on the right. And it is also NOT listed in the pulldown list.

If so, perhaps you put Lufthansa in your SPG profile, but left out your FF number???
Old Jan 14, 2005, 8:30 am
POH

Programs: *Wood Gold, MP, SM, M&M, DM, HH Gold [Revoked], PC Gold, WP
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
The way the site apparently SHOULD work is as follows:

1. When you are NOT signed in, all transfer partner airlines are shown in a pulldown list.

2. When you ARE signed in, the transfer partners that you have already registered in your SPG profile are listed, with a radio button (circular check box) on the left of each of them and your frequent flyer number on the right; then below that is the pulldown list of the REST of the transfer partners.

So, you are saying that when you are signed in, Lufthansa is NOT listed with a radio button on the left and your FF number on the right. And it is also NOT listed in the pulldown list.

If so, perhaps you put Lufthansa in your SPG profile, but left out your FF number???
Thanks, KathyWdrf. Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. Lufthansa is set up in my SPG profile with my FF number (I just double checked it), but when I am logged in LH doesn't show up with a radio button AND is not in the pulldown list at bottom. All of my other FF accounts in my profile are shown with a radio button, however.

It just dissappears....
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by POH
Thanks, KathyWdrf. Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. Lufthansa is set up in my SPG profile with my FF number (I just double checked it), but when I am logged in LH doesn't show up with a radio button AND is not in the pulldown list at bottom. All of my other FF accounts in my profile are shown with a radio button, however.

It just dissappears....
Very strange. Obviously, the problem sounds like a bug, but I'm wondering if there's a workaround you can do.

For example, if you removed Lufthansa from your profile and then added it back in, perhaps that would make it reappear?
Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Here are my latest "issues":

Tried booking a room at Princeville. Clicked through the ad for Hawaii with one night free/35% off on the spg.com page. Selected the number of nights. The SET and promo codes were already filled in automatically by spg. Received an error message "you can only use one or the other - SET or promo code. . ." I didn't put these in - spg did automatically!

After I removed one of the codes the number of nights that I had selected reset to ONE night (as opposed to the 5 I had selected). Why wouldn't it keep the values that I had already selected as opposed to wiping them out?

I gave up - booked with Hyatt instead
Old Jan 23, 2005, 8:38 am

Four errors with an airline transfer

I noticed four errors when transferring Starpoints to an airline frequent flyer account recently.

On the airline selection page, I selected a new airline (Northwest in this case) that was not currently associated with my profile, entered the Frequent Flyer Number, and the number of Starpoints that I wanted to transfer.

Error # 1: The complete transfer page (i.e. the page where you press the Complete Transfer button) tells me how many Starpoints I am transferring, how many miles I will receive, but does NOT tell me what airline I am transferring to.

Error # 2: The confirmation page (i.e. the page that confirms that the request has been received) displayed the following message at the top of the screen:
You have transferred XXX Starpoints to your null YYY account

XXX (number of Starpoints) and YYY (frequent flyer account #) were actually the correct values, but I would have expected to see "Northwest Airlines" instead of "null".

Error # 3: The confirmation page (i.e. the page that confirms that the request has been received), does NOT display an order # or confirmation #.

Error # 4: The confirmation email that I received contains the following text:
Please note the order number below. We suggest that you print this e-mail for your records.

Despite telling me that I should note the order number, the email does NOT contain the order number. This problem has been reported before, as far back as late 2003.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
You know what I wish?

I wish that when I pulled up a list of upcoming reservations, and clicked on the details for one, that I could click to "Go Back" link and it would pull up something other than
The page cannot be displayed
You know what else I wish?

That the list of upcoming reservations would display all upcoming reservations. 'Complex' reservations seem not to appear. If there's an advance upgrade done, the reservation seems to disappear, for instance.

You know what else I wish?

I wish it was possible to add comments to a reservation without calling Starwood.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
WWW: Expired Reservations in Check Reservations Section

How do you remove expired reservations from the check reservations section on the website? I still have past reservations showing up there and can't seem to get rid of them. Thanks!

Added by Moderator: This thread is being merged into to the Starwood Website Problems sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Jan 24, 2005 at 10:24 am
Old Jan 29, 2005, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

spg.com can't deal with double barrelled names

If you have one, here's the procedure:

I emailed SPG a few days ago to say I couldn't log in - got this mail back (next day):

Please be advised, that you have not yet established your username and Password. You need these to access your online account. Our registration system regrettably does not accept double-barrell names this is why it will not allow you to set up your user name and password. Please call us on 1-888-625-5144 so that we can change your last name to one name to complete registration and then change it back. We regret any inconvenience caused.

I then wrote back saying:

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
I did as you suggested and contacted SPG on the US number provided and spoke to a charming lady called Loles. However, I seem to be back to square one.
My surname was 'changed' to XXXXX and I provided a password (XXXX)
but I find I am still unable to log on to your system.
Please could you advise me on how I should best proceed?

This came back, again, within a day

Thank you for your email reply. I welcome this opportunity to assist you
further.

To set up your account online, please follow this link http://www.spg.com .
Click on 'Already a member but don't have a username and password?' in the 'Welcome' window, on the right side of the page. You will need to enter the last name as XXXX and only enter the numbers of your Starwood Preferred Guest account (ie. 123456789) to enable web access to your account. I have removed YYYYY from your last name as our online system has problems with double barrel names. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of this. Once you have created your online access information, I will add YYYYY back to your account.

A small teething problem, but it was nice to get it resolved so quickly (despite a hiccup) and in such a pleasant manner.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 7:16 pm

Unhappy breaking the cherry

longtime lurker, first time poster. SPG.com advertises a 1,000 starpoint reduction in points needed for a weekend night at cat 1&2 hotels, but each time i enter dates for a variety of cat 2 properties (for a non-specialty room), i always need 3k points/night. is it b/c i'm trying to check in on a friday (i assume that's NOT a weekend night), or is it b/c i'm an idiot? or is it the spg.com site?

thanks in advance for your help!

FYI:

"Save 1,000 Starpoints per Night

Save 1,000 Starpoints per night when you redeem weekend nights at Category 1 and 2 hotels.

Category 1 Weekend
Standard Guest Room: 2,000 Starpoints per night (3,000 weekday)
Specialty Room: 3,000 Starpoints per night (4,000 weekday)
Specialty Select Room: 3,500 Starpoints per night (4,500 weekday)
Suite 1: 4,000 Starpoints per night (6,000 weekday)

Category 2 Weekend
Standard Guest Room: 3,000 Starpoints per night (4,000 weekday)
Specialty Room: 4,000 Starpoints per night (5,000 weekday)
Specialty Select Room: 4,500 Starpoints per night (5,500 weekday)
Suite 1: 6,000 Starpoints per night (8,000 weekday) "
Old Jan 30, 2005, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by goheelswks
longtime lurker, first time poster. SPG.com advertises a 1,000 starpoint reduction in points needed for a weekend night at cat 1&2 hotels, but each time i enter dates for a variety of cat 2 properties (for a non-specialty room), i always need 3k points/night. is it b/c i'm trying to check in on a friday (i assume that's NOT a weekend night), or is it b/c i'm an idiot? or is it the spg.com site?

thanks in advance for your help!

FYI:

"Save 1,000 Starpoints per Night

Save 1,000 Starpoints per night when you redeem weekend nights at Category 1 and 2 hotels.

Category 1 Weekend
Standard Guest Room: 2,000 Starpoints per night (3,000 weekday)
Specialty Room: 3,000 Starpoints per night (4,000 weekday)
Specialty Select Room: 3,500 Starpoints per night (4,500 weekday)
Suite 1: 4,000 Starpoints per night (6,000 weekday)

Category 2 Weekend
Standard Guest Room: 3,000 Starpoints per night (4,000 weekday)
Specialty Room: 4,000 Starpoints per night (5,000 weekday)
Specialty Select Room: 4,500 Starpoints per night (5,500 weekday)
Suite 1: 6,000 Starpoints per night (8,000 weekday) "
How 'bout some specific dates and hotels? I just tried the Huntsville, AL 4 points and on the last screen before you actually redeem points it shows the 2,000 points per night for a Friday night.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Updating contact information

For the Nth time, I could not update my contact information at spg.com

After I updated and clicked "save changes," I got the following message.

"There are some errors in the form. Please correct them and then click the "save changes" button again.

* indicates required information.

Please enter your password."

I have made sure that all fields with * are filled but I can't seem to find out what the problem is.

It is one of the least user-friendly websites.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:03 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigjim
How 'bout some specific dates and hotels? I just tried the Huntsville, AL 4 points and on the last screen before you actually redeem points it shows the 2,000 points per night for a Friday night.

you are right on. it works. i am indeed an idiot, as i had previously feared. maybe i should have listened to my teachers growing up.

however, to echo the many on this site who are aggravated with the starwood site: i tried the starwood.com and sheraton.com sites to try and book my parents a place in NYC (using $$$, not spg pts) and i kept getting an error message. very frustrating.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 4:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by goheelswks
you are right on. it works. i am indeed an idiot, as i had previously feared. maybe i should have listened to my teachers growing up.
LOL - It happens to all of us. Glad that I could help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.