Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Grosvenor House, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Looks like the Grosvenor House is finally joining SPG. ^^

The website has SPG category 6 posted and the this hotel does not participate in SPG has been removed. No inventory for free nights/cash and points has been entered yet but it looks promising. Would be nice for get the rest of the hold outs in Dubai to finally join SPG.
Old May 1, 2010, 3:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Great news !

Finally SPG participating beach hotels in DXB aren't limited to the slightly tired Sheraton Jumeirah.

Wonder if Le Royal Meridien will follow soon, since it has the same owner as Grosvenor Hose, and guests can use facilities in both hotels ?
Old May 1, 2010, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
good news....will try this property out during my trip later this month....
Old May 1, 2010, 5:03 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Finally!!! Hopefully some of the other decent Starwood properties in Dubai will follow!!
Old May 1, 2010, 9:39 am

Definitely will try it out when I am back in Dubai in a couple months. Have a friend that lives in the neighborhood that has been wanting to try it out too.
Old May 1, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
8000 plus $150 is way too steep IMO to throw at this property in Dubai. There are so many good deals on hotels that the cash and points option is even way too much. I'm glad they are joining SPG but as a Cat 6 it isn't tempting.
Old May 1, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Finally!!! Hopefully some of the other decent Starwood properties in Dubai will follow!!
Can somebody explain to me why the most of the UAE Starwood hotels don't participate in SPG? Ridiculous, I assume the investors thought they're far too high brow for such things, I'm sure they're now crawling back to SPG with the downturn.

This is a great hotel, Buddha Bar is a hang out for the beautiful and does great cocktails and food, Barr 44 is decent though there's better "sky bars" in Dubai but the piece de resistance has to be (Gary) Rhodes Mezzanine restaurant, voted best restaurant in Dubai this year ahead of many a Michelen-starred chef.

That said, Cat 6 seems a bit on the heavy side. As above, get the UAE hotels involved first and then set their expectations properly, will win for everybody.
Old May 1, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by schley
8000 plus $150 is way too steep IMO to throw at this property in Dubai.
Yes indeed. Summer rates are currently $190, rendering C&P a bad idea!
Old May 1, 2010, 1:54 pm

but you can use your free weekend nights here now in the winter when it is much more expensive and in the summer, you can take advantage of the upgrades, stay credit, and points for your paid stay. I also get club lounge access with my Skywards Gold Card--so no complaints here.
Old May 2, 2010, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
but you can use your free weekend nights here now in the winter when it is much more expensive and in the summer, you can take advantage of the upgrades, stay credit, and points for your paid stay. I also get club lounge access with my Skywards Gold Card--so no complaints here.
This is true. Summer is like a furnace and would imagine that you could pick something up for really cheap. I haven't checked the rates but you can get some 4 points for under 100 a.i. no problem in the summer.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
This is true. Summer is like a furnace and would imagine that you could pick something up for really cheap. I haven't checked the rates but you can get some 4 points for under 100 a.i. no problem in the summer.
i have never seen rates go under aed 100 in dubai....i travel to dubai almost every month & the lowest i have ever seen is aed 175 at the dar al sondos le méridien apartments....

you can get rates at a couple of 4 points for around aed 200 a night in the summer....
Old May 2, 2010, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by saad
i have never seen rates go under aed 100 in dubai....i travel to dubai almost every month & the lowest i have ever seen is aed 175 at the dar al sondos le méridien apartments....

you can get rates at a couple of 4 points for around aed 200 a night in the summer....
I'm talking Dollars, sorry.

You can get the Dar AL Sondos for about 200 AED a.i right now as well. I really like the 4 points options in Dubai with the SAZR one being my favorite.
Old May 2, 2010, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm talking Dollars, sorry.

You can get the Dar AL Sondos for about 200 AED a.i right now as well. I really like the 4 points options in Dubai with the SAZR one being my favorite.
yup....i really like the one on sheikh zayed road as well....

i can't even remember the last time i payed $100 for a spg hotel in dubai....i normally stay at the 4 points on khalid bin waleed street since its walking distance from my client's office....the rates are normally around aed 250 a night (about $70)....
Old May 11, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Any update on plat treatment at this property? and if any rumor of the Royal LM will join SPG in the near future?
Old May 14, 2010, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by DXBPlat
Can somebody explain to me why the most of the UAE Starwood hotels don't participate in SPG? Ridiculous, I assume the investors thought they're far too high brow for such things, I'm sure they're now crawling back to SPG with the downturn.
All the non-SPG Dubai hotels are Le Meridiens. When Starwood acquired Le Meridien in 2005, they probably inherited all kinds of different agreements between Le Meridien and hotel owners that may not have included provisions for a loyalty program, let alone SPG. It was probably updated when the hotel switched over to Luxury Collection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.