Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower, Santiago, Chile [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The accommodations look nice, but slightly dated. Is that still the case? Any new changes for Platinum members staying here? Such as free breakfast? If not, is it an expensive breakfast in the restaurant? How far by cab to the main sights...Besides the Four Points, any other luxurious hotels located closer to the city center (from any chain)?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The accommodations look nice, but slightly dated. Is that still the case? Any new changes for Platinum members staying here? Such as free breakfast? If not, is it an expensive breakfast in the restaurant? How far by cab to the main sights...Besides the Four Points, any other luxurious hotels located closer to the city center (from any chain)?
The accomodations aren't dated. There are several rates that include breakfast - otherwise tower lounge breakfast (which is very decent) is I recall, about CL$12.000, which is a lot now given the pathetic US$. Cab (standard) is not very expensive to the City Center (La Moneda, Mercado Central). The Crowne Plaza is the only "Chain" hotel that I'm aware of between Providencia and Centro. There is a historic nice hotel right in the city center, but I don't recall the name.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 6:53 am

I second Eastbay1K's comments.
I was there 6 days end of Jan. 2006. We had a very nice, clean room (not dated!) with a great view to the Andes. The service is perfect.
For me, the location was very good. We walked often to the Metro .. about 5 min., took the Metro to the city center and back with a taxi, which was not expensive.
Most other nice hotels are even further away from the city center.
We had a Budget rent-a-car for some days. Budget is in the hotel an parking is free. You don't need a car in Santiago, we used it to go to Isla Negra, Valparaiso, Vina del Mar, Con Con, Maipo Canyon and other places.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
...the female (I can't recall her name now - she'll hit me if she finds out!)
Presumably there's more here than meets the eye.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do the Sheraton rooms look like basic US Sheraton rooms? how are the Suites on the Sheraton side? Im leaning towards that property since it has a lounge with breakfast and evening snacks. Im hoping they also treat Platinums there as well.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do the Sheraton rooms look like basic US Sheraton rooms? how are the Suites on the Sheraton side? Im leaning towards that property since it has a lounge with breakfast and evening snacks. Im hoping they also treat Platinums there as well.
The Sheraton rooms are fine, nothing special, but fine. The suites aren't bad at all - I've had Sheraton-side suites maybe 3 or 4 times and was perfectly satisfied.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know what the Executive rooms are like at the Sheraton in Santiago? Apparently, Ive been upgraded to one (but was hoping for an upgrade to a suite).
Old May 2, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL AA B6 6C
Talking NEW "W" Hotel (Santiago)

W Hotels announced plans for its first project in South America. W Santiago Hotel is slated to open in 2008 on Avenida Isidoro Goyenechea, across from Plaza Peru. The 205-room hotel will be part of a mixed-use building with a signature restaurant, Bliss Spa and more than 37,000 square feet of meeting space. Starwood currently operates four hotels in Chile: the Sheraton Santiago Hotel & Convention Center, The San Cristobal Tower (part of the Luxury Collection), the Four Points by Sheraton Santiago and the new Sheraton Miramar & Convention Center in Vina del Mar. (ES)
Old May 2, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
exciting news ^
Old May 2, 2006, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. Wow. Wow. If I didn't love the San Cristobal Tower so much, I'd almost be there. My only issue with it is the location. Great, but not great location. Starbucks, Ruby Tuesday, Hooters, and a number of similar right on the block. On the other hand, one of South America's finest wine shops .
Old May 4, 2006, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Can't wait!

Is that near Las Condes, eastBay?
Old May 4, 2006, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SASfan
Sipo.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Hooters
They have a Hooters in Santiago? Stupid Lonely Planet.
Old May 4, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by SASfan
I've always wondered why it isn't LOS Condes, or Las CONDESAS. People in Santiago seem to have no idea. Anyway, I prefer Providencia -- less chique, less Americanized, more movement.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Santiago Master Thread (Four Points, San Cristobal, Sheraton, W)

I've stayed in a large king on the south side of the Four Points by Sheraton Santiago before, and am considering another stay in November. In looking at available rooms during my stay, I have the following questions:
  • Do the terrace rooms with queen beds have chairs on the decks? Are the views toward Cerro San Cristobal decent? Are they smaller than the kings?
  • How are the corner suites? Are the "verandahs" on the suites similar to the "terraces" on the queen rooms?
¡Gracias!

(Note -- I answered my original question below.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a question regarding the Four Points by Sheraton Santiago, and figured I'd take advantage of the opportunity to consolidate past threads related to Starwood properties in Santiago.

STARWOOD PROPERTIES -- SANTIAGO DE CHILE

Four Points by Sheraton Santiago
Santa Magdalena No. 111 Santiago Chile
Phone (56)(2) 7500300 Fax (56)(2) 7500350
Category 1

San Cristobal Tower
Josefina Edwards De Ferari 0100 Santiago Chile
Phone (56)(2) 707 1000 Fax (56)(2) 707 1010
Category 3

Sheraton Santiago Hotel and Convention Center
Ave Santa Maria 1742 Santiago Chile
Phone (56)(2) 2335000 Fax (56)(2) 234 1729
Category 2

W Santiago Hotel (opening 2008)
Ave Isidoro Goyenechea Santago Chile
Phone TBD Fax TBD
Category TBD

PAST THREADS

Four Points Santiago - mini-report

Transport from SCL to Four Points and treatment of Plats

Anyone stayed at Four Points Santiago Chile?

Sheraton Santiago and San Cristobal Tower

any recent experience with San Cristobal?

Sheraton/San Cristobal Tower

Sheraton Santiago v. San Cristobal Tower

San Cristobal Tower - any experience on this board?

W Hotel Santiago

New "W" Hotel Santiago

General

Santiago, Chile Starwood Hotels - any perspective?

If I fail to incorporate any category changes or include any new threads, please PM me and I will update this thread ASAP.

Last edited by snorkmaster; Nov 27, 2006 at 7:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.