Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Limassol, Cyprus [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Limassol, Cyprus [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 4:03 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Hi All,

I have emailed this hotel, but received nothing of satisfaction in reply.....so, if you can help, I will much appreciate it.

I will be travelling to Limassol to demonstrate a surgical procedure. I've booked in to the Le Meridien. I'll be arriving in Larnaca at 3.20am on 1st May and departing from Larnaca at 4.10am on 2nd May. Does anyone have any idea about transfer times, and transfer options between Larnaca and the hotel in Limassol? Is the transfer service from the hotel any good? Is it reasonably priced? What are cabs like at the hotel? I have to transfer to the hospital 10 kms away....so are they easy to get? I'll have to entertain another surgeon when there in the evening - good restaurants at the hotel?

TIA.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 4:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by Shantanu
I will be travelling to Limassol to demonstrate a surgical procedure. I've booked in to the Le Meridien
Well at least there's one guest who won't be inconvenienced by the lack of bottle openers and cutlery in the room...
Old Apr 27, 2009, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Shantanu
Hi All,

I have emailed this hotel, but received nothing of satisfaction in reply.....so, if you can help, I will much appreciate it.

I will be travelling to Limassol to demonstrate a surgical procedure. I've booked in to the Le Meridien. I'll be arriving in Larnaca at 3.20am on 1st May and departing from Larnaca at 4.10am on 2nd May. Does anyone have any idea about transfer times, and transfer options between Larnaca and the hotel in Limassol? Is the transfer service from the hotel any good? Is it reasonably priced? What are cabs like at the hotel? I have to transfer to the hospital 10 kms away....so are they easy to get? I'll have to entertain another surgeon when there in the evening - good restaurants at the hotel?

TIA.
The overall drive from Larnaca to Limmasol is quite short. I would be surprised if it takes much longer than 20 minutes at that time of day. When I stayed at this property I took a car from the hotel for a meet and greet experience. There are public cans but like any other airport in the world supply of cabs at that time in the morning is likely to be limited. I thought that the hotel transfer was reasonably priced whilst I do not remember exactly how much it was (generally a good sign).

The hotel is actively served by cabs at most times of day and I never had to wait much longer than 5 minutes for a cab.

It is a while since I last stayed at this property so things may have changed a little more recently.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 11:34 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The overall drive from Larnaca to Limmasol is quite short. I would be surprised if it takes much longer than 20 minutes at that time of day. When I stayed at this property I took a car from the hotel for a meet and greet experience. There are public cans but like any other airport in the world supply of cabs at that time in the morning is likely to be limited. I thought that the hotel transfer was reasonably priced whilst I do not remember exactly how much it was (generally a good sign).

The hotel is actively served by cabs at most times of day and I never had to wait much longer than 5 minutes for a cab.
Thanks for all the info....I really appreciate it! I'm glad I checked my mail here in Canary Wharf now!

I'll phone the hotel again and ask them to arrange the transfer....will let you know the cost. Many thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 2:29 am

We stayed there in April and arranged a transfer from the airport through the hotel. The quoted price was reasonable, only a little more than getting a taxi at the airport. I think the drive was closer to half an hour.

This is the quote:
Taxi fares for 4-seater taxis:
Larnaca Airport:
From 06:00 Hours to 20:00 the charge is € 50.00 one way
From 20:00 Hours to 06:00 the charge is € 55.00 one way
Limousine Service Mercedes S class: € 120.00

For some reason, there are lots of flights that arrive in the middle of the night at Larnaca, so I think there are cabs there at all hours.

We never had a problem getting a taxi at the hotel. However, for your return to the airport you may wish to confirm with reception that there will be cabs available at that time of night.

When we were there, not all the restaurants were open. We ate at the Japanese one, and were not overly impressed. We ordered lunch a la carte at the restaurant by the pool where they do the lunch buffet, and were happier with that meal. They may be better at less "exotic" cuisines. I thought the food prices were quite high.
Old May 6, 2009, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Louie_LI
We stayed there in April and arranged a transfer from the airport through the hotel. The quoted price was reasonable, only a little more than getting a taxi at the airport. I think the drive was closer to half an hour.

This is the quote:
Taxi fares for 4-seater taxis:
Larnaca Airport:
From 06:00 Hours to 20:00 the charge is € 50.00 one way
From 20:00 Hours to 06:00 the charge is € 55.00 one way
Limousine Service Mercedes S class: € 120.00

For some reason, there are lots of flights that arrive in the middle of the night at Larnaca, so I think there are cabs there at all hours.

We never had a problem getting a taxi at the hotel. However, for your return to the airport you may wish to confirm with reception that there will be cabs available at that time of night.

When we were there, not all the restaurants were open. We ate at the Japanese one, and were not overly impressed. We ordered lunch a la carte at the restaurant by the pool where they do the lunch buffet, and were happier with that meal. They may be better at less "exotic" cuisines. I thought the food prices were quite high.
Apologies for not thanking you before my trip.....I only had a little time before I left, and not enough time to reply to you.

All your advice was absolutely spot and perfect.....and I booked through the hotel after reading your post. I also did exactly what you said: to confirm about cab availability with the reception for my return trip, as it was late/early. They advised to book one, and I think it worked out the same price as getting one off the street.

So.....Thanks so much. I really appreciate it!
Old May 7, 2009, 1:45 am

Thanks for saying thanks! Glad to be of assistance.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:41 am

-Duplicate-

Last edited by ehud; Aug 1, 2010 at 2:11 am
Old Aug 1, 2010, 2:10 am

For your info - I can confirm that Breakfast is not included on Points or C&P reservations (even for PLT).

Last edited by ehud; Aug 11, 2010 at 5:51 am
Old Aug 20, 2010, 5:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ehud
For your info - I can confirm that Breakfast is not included on Points or C&P reservations (even for PLT).
Hi Ehud,
I am planning a trip on points in Limassol.
Have you been denied breakfast over there on points or C&P?
Other posters have had no issues with that in the past.

Would be interested to know before booking... :-)
A family of 4 would mean €€€ only for breakfast

Kind regards
Frédéric
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by fdemacar
Hi Ehud,
I am planning a trip on points in Limassol.
Have you been denied breakfast over there on points or C&P?
Other posters have had no issues with that in the past.
I am here right now, and can confirm that breakfast is not offered to platinums on points, C&P, or FWN reservations. Only paid rates.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I am here right now, and can confirm that breakfast is not offered to platinums on points, C&P, or FWN reservations. Only paid rates.
Hope you also have better PLT upgrade. What type of room/suite did you get?
Old Sep 6, 2010, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I still dream of the monstrously huge bowl full of individually wrapped chocolates that was in my suite here...

Last edited by gleff; Sep 7, 2010 at 5:11 am
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
I still dream of the monstrously huge bown full of individually wrapped chocolates that was in my suite here...
I could only dream getting those chocolates.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:03 am

I had a look on google maps and there is a power plant close by. Does pollution come from this plant as their website mentions that oil is burnt? Or noise or any other disturbing factors?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.