Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Stayed here last week. The hotel was full so I was given the standard room (first time this ever happened). They gave me a room right on top of the reception, I had difficulty sleeping at night because of the music from the reception. I switched the next day to another room but still the noise was unbelievable, I was hearing everything in the middle of the night from the next room, and I mean everything.

The breakfast was good. Upgradable to the full buffet for $12.5 each. The stay was fine but the rooms are really horrible in terms of noise. I couldn't get one night of sleep without having something waking me up.

Can you comment on the condition of the hotel and the area post-hurricane? Thank you.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jjayakumar
Can you comment on the condition of the hotel and the area post-hurricane? Thank you.
Nothing noticeable. Everything seemed fine.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:47 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
There was a little construction on the beach bar and there were a few missing pieces of roofing and decoration here and there, but nothing like what some of the other resorts went through. I wouldn't let hurricane-related reasons stop you from booking here.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: Southwest A+ & CP, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Choice Gold, UA, US Air, Hertz, National
Anyone know the difference between the Sheraton and the similarly named Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club? They share the same address, is the latter subleased to a non-SPG company? Same address, similar name would suggest they are the same property or at least connected somehow, but the non-SPG option is several hundred dollars cheaper.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No damage from hurricane 2014?
Old May 29, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by pavemental
Anyone know the difference between the Sheraton and the similarly named Hacienda del Mar Vacation Club? They share the same address, is the latter subleased to a non-SPG company? Same address, similar name would suggest they are the same property or at least connected somehow, but the non-SPG option is several hundred dollars cheaper.
they are next to each other , one is an actual Sheraton and the other is a time share property. We booked points for Sheraton and they offered us to take a tour of the vacation club in exchange for coupons and all that stuff if your interested in it. the vacation club has kitchen and bedrooms for a family
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Just checked in and not a great start. SNA cleared last week but was told no Suites available at check-in even though I checked spg.com that suites are available later. They promised to upgrade tomorrow.

Sent an email to spgassist on twitter who promised to look into it. We'll see what happens..
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Just checked in and not a great start. SNA cleared last week but was told no Suites available at check-in even though I checked spg.com that suites are available later. They promised to upgrade tomorrow.

Sent an email to spgassist on twitter who promised to look into it. We'll see what happens..
Just stay positive. It will likely work out in your favor. Enjoy the resort and the pool. The suites are grand but don't expect a huge difference. Don't give up though. Maybe see if they'll refund your SNA since it didn't work out.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
So I've finally receive the upgrade to a suite (rather nice Virreyes Suites) but not before again much frustration. My 1 year old son got woken up during his nap by housekeeping who wanted to clean the room and was under the impression that we already left the room. I tried to get keys to the suite and was told they would send keys and the bellmen in 5-10 minutes to help to move. They didn't show up after 30 minutes and only after I made a scene at the front desk did they immediately gave me the keys. My kid as hungry at this point and we should not be made waiting at this point.

This is a hotel I'm definitely not returning. I understand mistakes can happen, etc but the lack of service recovery is just appalling. No one from the resort has approached us trying to make it right, etc.

I've been in contact with SPGassist on twitter and trying to get back my SNAs.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:02 pm

I just returned from a weekend stay at this property. Everything was great and pretty much as expected but I was really unhappy about the water bottles pushed on us at the front desk. The FDC said "we are a green hotel and will not be replacing water bottles in the rooms and instead have an on property water filtration system you can use with these bottles for which we charge $5". The part I missed was "$5/day". It's not like $30 is going to break me, but when I see maid carts with cases of bottled water sitting idle in the hallway I feel like a sucker.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I will be staying here for xmas 2016 on points. Seems like a good redemption. I only have gold status with SPG. How much is the breakfast buffet? Is the spread good?

There are some very good pictures of this resort on oyster.com
http://www.oyster.com/los-cabos/hote...resort/photos/
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC E50k
The breakfast is great but it's also 480 pesos. I believe it's really the only restaurant option for breakfast though.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by ac1510
The breakfast is great but it's also 480 pesos. I believe it's really the only restaurant option for breakfast though.
Thanks for letting me know. We might do breakfast a few times when we feel lazy and go into town other times.

I hope they don't have a compulsory upcharge for an NYE event
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:05 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by ac1510
There is a restaurant in the Hacienda Del Mar vacation club that has breakfast at a significantly lower price and with a far smaller crowd.

Greg
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: AC E50K-MM, IHG Gold, Marriott Plat
Didn't see any comments about the 4% Service Charge, which they state applies to points nights also. The rate description on the website mentions:

Room rate excludes the following:
4% Service Char: USD $2.76

But my email confirmation (for a point reservation) just says 4%, and not 4% of what. And if you get Plat or SNA upgraded to a suite, does the 4% of something become 4% of something much bigger?

Resort Charge Policy

There is a mandatory daily service charge of 4% per room per night. The service charge includes two complimentary bottles of water, maid gratuity, one in-room bag of regular and decaf coffee, and complimentary access to the gym each day. This charge also applies to free nights unless otherwise specified.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.