Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (rebranded to RIU) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE] Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco (rebranded to RIU) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Any recent stays here at this property. does anyone know if they give vouchers for platinum members for breakfast since they dont have a lounge. (so before someone goes crazy yes i know that this is not a benefit for platinum members.but i heard it once through the platinum line that they gave them thats why i am asking. )
Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
I got a voucher for bfast during my stay. It was for the buffet. The selection was pretty good. A nice plus for being an SPG Plat.!^^^
Old Aug 4, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I stayed there two months ago and yes, they did have vouchers. The breakfast was much better than what they used to have in the lounge.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
They still comp breakfast to Platinums on request. As it turns out, this was no use to me since I had an early flight. Given that a room upgrade wasn't available, I asked if I could have something else instead - maybe just a drink from the bar? No chance. Never got my morning newspaper either

I had an unusual experience with the Yellow Cab firm that the hotel uses when guests request a cab. I was getting a cab down to the BART station at Embarcadero at about 4.45am to get the BART to OAK for an early flight. The driver told me the BART didn't run until 5.30am and that he could take me all the way to OAK for $75. This was a surprise to me as I had checked the BART site and it had given me times of trains that were indeed running at that time. The driver acted as if he knew what he was saying so in a fit of self-doubt I returned to the lobby and asked the front desk employee if he could check for me...and indeed I had been correct, there were BART trains running. Twice during the subsequent journey the driver repeated his view that there were no BART trains running. I would have noted down his number but it was pitch dark and I was running late thanks to this bit of pointless misinformation. If the hotel staff hadn't been around to check I could easily have found myself spending $75 on this guy. Just one to be aware of.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
Sheraton Fisherman Wharf, San francisco, Ca.

This was a one night stay in SF with seeing a wee bit of SF as our goal.

We took airport express from SFO to the hotel.
door to door, 16.00 going, 12.00 back per person, 20 min to hotel (10AM), 40 min back to airport.(2 PM)

Location: This hotel is not on the Wharf, no hotel is, it is two easy blocks from waterfront.

Check in: All set for us, room was not ready , we went sightseeing, returned at 3Pm and our folder was all set, they asked about "The 500", indicated we had been upgraded to suite and gave us certificate for brekfast for two.

Room and upgrade: We were on top floor (4), over looked the pool,large bedroom, normal bath, large comfortable LR and attached dinning room with frig and sink, table, etc. (Very nice)

Other stuff: A coffee shop and seperate dinning area.Breakfast was good, buffet with cooked to order eggs if wanted.Service was just fine through out,parking was indoor @ 42.50 per night. (They had car rental on site, think I would rent here when I needed the car and beat the parking tab)

A decent stay, no problems, a good location for the sightseeing bit,we would return.^

I paid 119.00++, internet up front, I am Plat.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 4:40 pm

Wow, you got much better luck than me with your room...and on a much lower rate.

You're right about the location, about two blocks back from the front itself.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
Wow, you got much better luck than me with your room...and on a much lower rate.

You're right about the location, about two blocks back from the front itself.
Just returned from this property, somewhat leary before I went after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor. Pleasantly surprised: Clean/Updated/Good Service/Good Location, I'm not overly picky, but I can't ask for a lot more. The lobby lounge is open at night as well.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: United 2P, HHonors Gold, SPG Platinum, Priority Club Gold
Just checked in last night. Great location!

I was upgraded to newly renovated 2 room suite. Suite has a flat screen HDTV in each room. Fridge and pull-out couch in living room.

Also received a voucher for free buffet breakfast for each night stayed. The voucher is good for 2 people.

Definitely worth it for AAA rate of $103!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So this is no longer The Sheraton Fisherman's Barf?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:41 am
STM

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by speedster
Just checked in last night. Great location!

I was upgraded to newly renovated 2 room suite. Suite has a flat screen HDTV in each room. Fridge and pull-out couch in living room.

Also received a voucher for free buffet breakfast for each night stayed. The voucher is good for 2 people.

Definitely worth it for AAA rate of $103!
So they comped you breakfast each day? I'm here for several days and they gave me one coupon (for one day) but that was it. Of course, I'm grateful for it, but would like to be treated like other Platinums.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by STM
So they comped you breakfast each day? I'm here for several days and they gave me one coupon (for one day) but that was it. Of course, I'm grateful for it, but would like to be treated like other Platinums.
Did you ask for coupons for the remainder of your stay?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:19 pm
STM

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did you ask for coupons for the remainder of your stay?
I did, as I had to talk with the manager about two other issues (internet connection was awful and front desk and 800# couldn't help & the front desk initially had my rate plan incorrect at check-in and wouldn't / couldn't fix it despite my printout). He said they used to have a lounge but when they remodeled and opted out of the lounge they gave Platinums one voucher. I kind of thought that in light of my other issues he might show some flexibility here, but perhaps not. I guess others had better luck, which just proves the YMMV theory. . .
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by STM
) He said they used to have a lounge but when they remodeled and opted out of the lounge they gave Platinums one voucher...... which just proves the YMMV theory. . .

Well that's certainly disappointing. For a multi-night stay, I would have expected them to give you a voucher for each night of the stay, not just the first night. I've never had this happen with a Sheraton that has no club lounge - they've always issued one per night. I wonder if *wood has a policy on this?

I would be disappointed as well.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:38 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by sbtinme
...I wonder if *wood has a policy on this?...
Yes.

d. Access to the Club Level when staying at Sheraton hotels or access to the Executive Level when staying at Westin hotels, even when not staying on the Club Level or Executive Level floor(s). At Sheraton properties, access to the Club Level does not mean access to the Towers Level, even if there is no Club Level in the hotel and there is a Club Level in the Towers. Access to Towers Level is determined by each individual property. These benefits are limited to the member and one guest IF that guest is in the same room as the member. Lounge access is not available if a lounge is at maximum capacity or if a lounge is closed for any reason.

Other than this, the closed lounge policy is set by the hotel itself w/r/t coupons being offered/how many during one visit/etc., which we have seen can sometimes be YMMV.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:36 pm

Well you wouldn't want to be treated like this Platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.