Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, SPG LT Plat,
Arrow Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Want to see if anyone has been upgraded from the Sheraton Waikiki Annex to the main hotel. Just call the Platinum service desk, who told me that this room is eligible for upgrade to the main hotel, but still like to see if it has happened recently.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 8:48 pm

As this is your first post welcome to Flyertalk.
Check the search feature at the top of the page.
there are hundreds of threads on this.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

i have done several searches, using Sheraton, Waikiki, Manor, Annex & Upgrades in various combinations. There are several recent threads of people who have gotten upgrades, but there are also comments regard how the Manor wing is "a hotel within the hotel", thus not eligible for upgrades. Since these comments are from a couple of years ago, i feel OK that I can get upgraded out of the Manor wing, especially with the assurances from the Platinum help desk. I just want to see if there are recent experiences of people who have not gotten upgraded, even though the hotel has rooms available.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:25 pm

I was with a platinum last feb booked the manor wing and did not get upgraded!
they said they were booked out. the problem with that hotel is that a lot of groups go there so it is always full. the lifts are terrible and the walls are so paper thin you can hear people doing things next door even snoring and sneezing!!
I certainly would not take the chance if u are a hotel junkie. go to the moana and use a 50% off voucher you can print out.
I checked out of the manor and into the moana
I got a fabulous 2 room suite at the front of the historic wing and paid $US140++!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Also I believe that they have a certain amount of rooms closed for a MUCH needed re-do...so that makes it even harder for upgrades. I stayed in the main hotel once and am not too interested in staying there again. I can only imagine what the manor wing is like Take the advice of others...stay at the Moana..
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by sylaw72
Want to see if anyone has been upgraded from the Sheraton Waikiki Annex to the main hotel. Just call the Platinum service desk, who told me that this room is eligible for upgrade to the main hotel, but still like to see if it has happened recently.
Earlier this year, I was faced with a similar decision when deciding what room to book for my stay.

As only a Gold, I felt my chances of being "upgraded" at all...let alone out of the Annex...weren't very good.

So, I decided to book a "parital ocean view" room since the reason that I wanted to stay at a hotel on the beach was partially for the views.

I ended up getting upgraded to what the Sheraton Waikiki calls a "medium" suite w/ full ocean view.......which IIRC, was listed as being over 850 sq ft.

Go figure.......

I can't help but think that the fact that I paid quite a bit more for a room in the main hotel had some effect and that if I had booked a room in the Annex, there was NO way I (as a Gold) would have been upgraded at all......and certainly not to such a nice suite in the main hotel.

Then again....as a Platinum, YMMV.

A.J.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:16 pm
ZME

Programs: AA & Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
go to the moana and use a 50% off voucher you can print out. I checked out of the manor and into the moana I got a fabulous 2 room suite at the front of the historic wing and paid $US140++!
Details on the voucher? How do you get this 50% off voucher?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ZME
Details on the voucher? How do you get this 50% off voucher?
Go to starwood forum
click on search this forum
type in 50% off hawaii
and there it is the second thread
Old Sep 22, 2005, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by sylaw72
...but still like to see if it has happened recently.
As SPG Plat, I was upgraded to an Oceanfront Room from a $115 Manor Wing room in June 2005. I was very scared going in because the hotel had been completely sold out for my night on the Internet for 2 whole weeks before my stay, as well as the morning that I checked in. It was only a one night stay, and I checked in early (~2PM) which might have helped, but I did get an upgrade that I was very happy with all things considered..............
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Still looking for that 50% off voucher. I did the seach function and I find
info on a voucher through United airlines (which I am not a member off)
but even when I follow that link to print out the voucher it takes me to a page that says site nolonger avalible.
we are going to Hawaii in June and could sure use 50% off but I can see
is the 35% off offer.
Thanks for the help
Wintermom
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:27 pm

I would wait till around feb or march and check back with us for new 50% off specials.

also its is not hard to join UA or AA or anyone else who is giving 50% off!
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
I considered chancing a manor reservation for an upcoming stay, but decided not to risk it. Glad I did because the hotel is now booked for that time period. I'm paying an extra $80/night for the Moana Surfrider, but I'm ok with that.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Just to let everyone know that I was upgraded for my one night stay, from an $110 manor room to an oceanfront room on the 10th floor. They didn't change the reservation before I checked-in, like some of the other hotels I have been to, where they recognized the platinum upgrade days in advance, and upgrade the reservation before you arrive. they offered me a choice of two rooms, king-bed partial-ocean, or two-double oceanfront (I took the better view). I guess they were just following the ugrade policy to the letter, best available room at check-in. Was very happy to save the money and the upgrade, but not sure would take the chance next time if staying there more than one night. Went by the manor wing, it did not look pleasant. Thanks for all the feedback.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:43 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Sheraton Waikiki trouble in paradise 04/26/2006

Gotta read number 8 below if anything!

Please let me start with a couple comments. I book this Hotel since it is on the beach and the very reasonable annex rates. I realize it is a tourist and convention Hotel so I do not come in with lots of expectations. What I do expect is a staff that will recognize my Platinum status and get me out of the Manor with a view of the ocean if a room is available when I check in. I also like this Hotels parking garage. If you have ever tried to park a car say at the Hyatt you will understand. It is for lack of a description a spacious garage with easy in/out to Ala Moana and HNL. I noticed on this booking the Princess was pricing consistently cheaper. A friend who is also a Platinum got a great upgrade off the lowest price to a ocean view/Diamond Head facing room. Just a room. I realize it may now be time to move away from this property and onto something else. I spent a very pleasant afternoon yesterday while my wife was getting a massage visiting with the staff in the Executive Lounge of the Kalia Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. They know what service is. I am also looking a booking the Princess versus this Hotel for my July 2006 stay. Now onto the negatives-

1. When you enter the lobby one of the first things you notice is the Shearton Suite Sleeper set up. One would think they might see this is a room they are assinged. This set up has been around for a number of months. I have been here a few times and have not seen a touch of it. I was told the renovations have been completed on 17 to 28 but not the suites on these floors. That leaves lots of floors to go. Therefore most rooms have not been renovated.

2. We had two mini floods in our bathroom due to the shower curtains. The curtains are so old the inner curtain actually absorbs water then transfers it to the outer curtain where it falls to the floor. Our standard for taking a shower is inner curtain in and outer curtain out. Seems reasonable. The shower does not have the curved rod so it is constantly touching your body. I called down to housekeeping which quickly offered some towels and to mop up the mess. They also offered to replace the curtains with a more repellant new set. Now if they know they have a problem why don't they just replace them period? $

3. We only have one phone in the room which is a joke. It is located by the night stand and no where near the desk. The message light has been a solid red since we arrived. I called down twice so far for messages and was told both times no. A friend called me out yesterday wanting to know if I received his message left on our phone. That was lost in space. I reported this problem when we arrived and only yesterday evening did someone offer to replace the phone.

4. There are no available plugs near the desk. I actually had to pull the plug on a lamp to get a socket for the computer.

5. I was told by a member of the staff on the P/G check-in area that if you choose to book a annex room even as a P DO NOT expect a upgrade. The Hotel did not upgrade of these rates and that if I did want a upgrade book at least a city view room in the main tower. He explained the reason for this is that the Hotel unlike others SPG props in the area has a Manor. I called down and spoke with a Duty Manager and that should be fixed now.

6. The AC in the room is off sensor wise. To keep from being chilled out we need to set it near 80 or it will go on. We have opted for chilling the room down then shutting down the unit before we sleep. We also found it just has a mind of its own and blows directly to the bed area.

7. The bed. The bed alone is a reason to change hotels. I should check for tags and see when it was manufactured. It probably had its last life at the UOH.

8. I need internet. The HSIA in the Hotel is wired in the rooms. I have checked for wifi signals and nothing. The first day I could not log on. I spect 20 mintues with a speaking with tech support of a large company who is responsible for the system before getting it to work. The whole system is Mickey Mouse with two splices in the room alone which are clearly visible off the Cisco box. Yesterday I needed to log in before going to dinner. Not a chance. I spent another 22 minutes with my computer telling me weak or no signal or cable unplugged. Well that was just stupid since it was just working 10 hours before. With a little help from Hotel engineering I found the box behind our bed and made a direct connection. Somewhere in the room the splice is bad. A absolute total waste of time. It is such a joke. That wiring was installed by the large company according to engineering. It has been a constant problem with lots of complaints. I now have a table pushed up against the side of the bed with a side chair running my laptop on battery power to reach the connection. Just stupid.

Well that is it. Punishment at the Sheraton Waikiki. Every single item above could have been prevented by the Hotel. And shame on them for letting things get out of hand. They have no problem taking our money but can not even invest in their own facilities. Fortunately this is our last day here.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:53 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Wired HSIA is $13.50 plus tax for 24 hours.

9. The system which allows for one to view charges on the TV has been inop since we arrived. Still inop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.