Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Left 1 Feb 2018 : Westin Nagoya Castle, Nagoya, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Fitness Club Closure: September 24 - 26, 2016

From September 24 to September 26, 2016, the fitness club will be temporarily closed for maintenance. Please contact to the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

[GONE] Left 1 Feb 2018 : Westin Nagoya Castle, Nagoya, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
RTWSTARALLIANCE:

Thanks for the happy time. I am looking forward to seeing you on the next time!

Regards,

yasuki
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Yasuki. I also had a great time and thank you. It was nice being with locals for dinner. Thank you also for making it a point to be in Osaka so we can meet. Safe travels. Regards
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:46 pm

Westin Nagoya is a wonderful, wonderful hotel. Excellent upgrades, excellent rooms, excellent service.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Just checked out and waiting in the Exec. lounge for the shuttle to the train station. I have to say this hotel is great. A bit dated smaller rooms and small bathroom and no heavenly shower but the staff more then make up for it. I was feeling ill this morning and had to cancel a planned tour the concierge set up for me. When I called and said I could not make it because of a very bad headache and feeling sick they had asprin sent up to my room with an extra bottle of water. Without me even asking. Now that to me is great service thinking of the unexpected. Next time the need calls for travel to Nagoya I will come back.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
SPG Plat award stay. upgrades or Dumpster-view room

Hello All.
I'm finding it hard to get the flight that I want to out of NRT (on NWA to MNL) next week but there's plenty of availability from NGO .
That gives me the opportunity to do 2 things ( 3 if I end up staying at the Westin Nagoya too)
I've never used the Nozomi Shinkansen and never taken a look around Nagoya.

To the point;
As a SPG Plat' what would be my typical upgrade experience here?
Probably stay using 7,000 SPG points.
I'd hope for exec' floor and no-charge access to the pool and gym facilities. Is that that the norm at this property?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by werldporks
Hello All.

I'd hope for exec' floor and no-charge access to the pool and gym facilities. Is that that the norm at this property?
As a gold I was offered all of these so I would say you would def. get them as a Plat.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 3:04 pm

Once again I am here at the Westin Nagoya Castle. A great property with friendly, helpful staff. Will be here for another night then moving on to the Westin Kyoto, which could take lessons on several different aspects of what good customer service is. The concierge at the Westin Nagoya has been very helpful in arranging tours and transportation for our small group where the Westin Kyoto cannot be bothered to respond to emails.

If I were not trying to make Plat. for the year I would have selected another property in Kyoto ( Hyatt. )
Old Dec 27, 2008, 3:33 pm

We recently stayed at this property and found ourselves upgraded to the top floor with a room that overlooked the Nagoya castle. As a Starwood Platinum, we were given a choice of the breakfast downstairs in the lobby lounge or in the club on our floor. We chose the lobby breakfast, as it had a more substantial number of choices that interested us. We too enjoyed the fine service at this property, and my wife tells me that she prefers this property to the Marriott, even though it is a short bus ride from the train station.

I just looked on the web to again make reservations for next Oct, but it looks like they have not yet loaded their usual rates into the computer. We'll check back in a couple of months.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Life_Platinum Pleased to see your love of Japan continues. We are off to Japan next week and I am looking forward to it. We will then be back in late February in Tokyo at the GHT and RC. Japan always works for me in every way as a visitor. It would be nice if the $ could make some progress against the yen. Cheers.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Life_Platinum Pleased to see your love of Japan continues. We are off to Japan next week and I am looking forward to it. We will then be back in late February in Tokyo at the GHT and RC. Japan always works for me in every way as a visitor. It would be nice if the $ could make some progress against the yen. Cheers.
RTWSTARALLIANCE: Always nice to hear from you, especially about Japan. I continue to follow your exotic travels here on this board. We've done it again and booked an October vacation in Japan, but this time we've convinced our daughter and her husband to join us. We will be staying in Nagoya, Tokyo (at the Sheraton where we haven't stayed previously), Kyoto, and Nagasaki. I read on another thread that you are returning to Kyoto: if you have interest in Japanese pottery, let me know, and I'll give you our contacts. Say hello to Junco for Joan and I.

Happy New Year.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Happy New Year also.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 3:15 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Anything recent on this hotel.We intend to visit in June 2011.Noted on the booking page was a choice of double or semi-double beds only-are semi double beds smaller than a double?
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:11 am
Original Poster

I would think so. They probably do not want to say single. Try a e-amil to the prop. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by drron
Anything recent on this hotel.We intend to visit in June 2011.Noted on the booking page was a choice of double or semi-double beds only-are semi double beds smaller than a double?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Well we have just had our stay here.The single bed rooms are Queen beds but smaller than the Semi-double(ie twin rooms).The twin rooms also overlook the castle.This was all explained well at checkin.So we took the twin room.Our rate was adjusted down and we were upgraded to exec floor.
Lounge closes at 1800 but happy hour in the Windsor bar from 1730-1930.A limited range of drinks that are complimentary but the wines were fine.Also each given a nice plate of appetisers.
Brekkie in lounge or restaurant on floor 1.Reasonable buffet.
Had dinner in the Crown restaurant on floor 11.It is expensive but the food really was good and we enjoyed the evening.
Hourly shuttle to and from Nagoya station but during the week is popular with the locals so get there early.
Staff were all friendly and we really enjoyed our stay.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG Platinum. Hilton Gold. IHG PA. Accor Platinum
The Westin Nagoya Castle

Stay Period - 2012.4.8 ~ 2012.4.14
Room - Castle Suite

Approximately 100 photos and the reviews written in Korean
To see the reviews you need a very fast internet speeds

The Westin Nagoya Castle - Castle Suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.