Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brussels 4P or Sheraton Hotel & Towers [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels 4P or Sheraton Hotel & Towers [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Which train station are we talking about ?
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:04 pm

Programs: Coutts Silk Card, Hilton G,SPG Plat,Priority C Plat, Amex BA +,Kempinski P C,BA G,Virgin G, P-Pass
The station that takes you there from the airport with the double decker trains. i was so close I wheeled my bag to the hotel.

In fact, no word of a lie, I found an American Airlines Stewardess (purser) in my bed one morning I don't know how the hell she got there, but boy I didn't complain I think the crew must stay there, I must remember to lock my room door next time
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi/Bonjour Super Larry,

For the Sheaton I think it is the Gare du Nord.

I stayed at the Sheraton a few years ago ( nice hotel , good pool on the top floor and good breakfast and easy to get to the Grand Place etc)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:13 pm

Programs: Coutts Silk Card, Hilton G,SPG Plat,Priority C Plat, Amex BA +,Kempinski P C,BA G,Virgin G, P-Pass
Yes, the Scot is right Get the train from the airport to Brussels, it will stop at the North Station first (You want THIS one) it then stops at the Central station, then Schuman (or something like that), then the South station. It takes 20 - 25 mins and should cost about 15 Euro's return, or you could get a single fare. So just remember to get off at the first one, the North one, and you will have a bout a 150 yard walk .

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:14 pm

The Shaerton Hotel and Towers gets my vote. It's within waliking distance to the shopping area and some attractions and the staff were great. The lounge has great views and the internet is complimentary.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ac777
The Shaerton Hotel and Towers gets my vote. It's within waliking distance to the shopping area and some attractions and the staff were great. The lounge has great views and the internet is complimentary.
Just watch out for the keyboard! I had to hunt-and-peck, as the belgian keyboard was slightly different than the US keyboard I'm used to. I thought maybe it was a european standard, but found a slightly different one in Italy.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Originally Posted by ac777
Been there a couple of times...nice hotel, nice rooms, pleasant staff. Gladly will stay there next time. Never stayed at the 4P because the regular SHT is about the same rate and I am used to it.

BRU is very much a love it or hate destination it seems...I personally love it - but again - je ne deteste pas bierre, moules ou frites - in the least!

Little known fact - but BRU has more Michelin 5 star restaurants than Paris.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:56 am

I have spent months at the 4 Points Bxls back when it was a Movenpick. It is right off Ave. Louise, a little up from all the shopping. You can easily catch the tram and go downtown, to Grand Place, etc. Personal favorite was Room 531. It's not a fancy hotel, but I chose to stay there because it was sort of small and cozy...... and comfortable in a simple way.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:46 am

After several debates, we all agreed that we'll take the Eurostar from London to Bruxelles, instead of flying in.

Looked at the various maps and realized that the Eurostar stops at the Gare du Midi and if I want to go to the Sheraton on Place Rogier, I'll have to take the metro. Should I get off at Rogier station (metro) or Gare du Nord (train AND metro) ?

Thanks again for your advices!
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by Super Larry
After several debates, we all agreed that we'll take the Eurostar from London to Bruxelles, instead of flying in.

Looked at the various maps and realized that the Eurostar stops at the Gare du Midi and if I want to go to the Sheraton on Place Rogier, I'll have to take the metro. Should I get off at Rogier station (metro) or Gare du Nord (train AND metro) ?

Thanks again for your advices!
Gare du Nord is very close to the hotel. 5-10 minutes walking. Metro station Place Rogier is just in front of the hotel.

The Sheraton is a nice Starwood property, I like the swimmingpool. They just renovated the fitnessarea. I have made reviews of the hotel

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...raton+Brussels

Have a nice stay in the Sheraton Brussels!
Old Jun 27, 2005, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Super Larry

Takeing the regular train to Gare du Nord is faster than taking the Metro (and the journey up to Gare du Nord is included in your Eurostar ticket). From Eurostar, go downstairs to ground level and follow the signs for Platforms 2-20. You then just take any train heading north from Gare du Midi (have a look at the departure screens or ask at the Information desk next to Platforms 7 and 8 - they speak good English). Journey time to Gare du Nord is around 5 minutes (Gare du Nord is the second stop). You will actually be able to see the Sheraton from the train on the left hand side as the train enters Gare du Nord.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the club lounge open on weekends at the BRU Sheraton and Towers?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:29 pm

Programs: QR P; TK E; FB S; BA S; UA S; MB LTT; HH D; IHG DAmb
Yes (at least in my experience on three weekend stays there this year).
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the club lounge open on weekends at the BRU Sheraton and Towers?
We stayed from friday to sunday in July and it was open.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Lots of good comments about the SHT.

Has anyone recently stayed at the 4Pts? Comments on the hotel? Which has better location for touristy things (walking)?

Gosh, it's been years since I was in BRU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.