Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Vacation Ownership

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm guessing I overpaid, but by how much?

On another note, I'm not entirely sure how staying at other SVN resorts works. Is that where the StarOptions come into play? So would I have to have enough StarOptions to stay the same week at a "nicer" resort? Or is that just part of the exchange process?

I'll look at the TUG BBS, too, I guess, since that seems to be a great resource.

Last edited by RichMSN; Aug 15, 2014 at 5:32 pm
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Any Owners have any tips/tricks/wisdom, please send them to me.
head over to the SVO forum at TUG -- http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by RichMSN
I'm guessing I overpaid, but by how much?

On another note, I'm not entirely sure how staying at other SVN resorts works. Is that where the StarOptions come into play? So would I have to have enough StarOptions to stay the same week at a "nicer" resort? Or is that just part of the exchange process?

I'll look at the TUG BBS, too, I guess, since that seems to be a great resource.
You can book a full week at your home resort (in the season you own) starting at 12mos in advance, while you can try to book in other resorts (or other seasons at your home resort, or more/less than a full week) using StarOptions starting at 8mos in advance.

A studio (really a large hotel room) will typically set you back 67,100 StarOptions for a week in high season at the "nicer" resorts...
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:55 pm

Looking for a referral to Cancun Lagunamar if possible.

Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
We are interested in a referral to the Westin St. John Villas SVO property for ourselves and our parents. Please send a PM if you are able to assist. Thanks very much in advance!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jrothenb
We are interested in a referral to the Westin St. John Villas SVO property for ourselves and our parents. Please send a PM if you are able to assist. Thanks very much in advance!
I am not able to assist you.

I will say you are asking for a referral to the most popular SVO property and it is difficult for non-St. John Villas SVO owners to get reservations at this property so you may want to set your expectations of success at a low level.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by controller1
I am not able to assist you.

I will say you are asking for a referral to the most popular SVO property and it is difficult for non-St. John Villas SVO owners to get reservations at this property so you may want to set your expectations of success at a low level.
Thanks much for the helpful info. In the event that there are any St. John SVO owners out there reading this message, thanks in advance for your kind consideration!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
Agreed, looks like on a good day there are no more than two or three units available for booking at exactly 8mos out (the earliest a non-owner can try to exchange in) and they're gone in minutes...
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:53 pm

Is someone able to provide a Lagunamar referral? I'd appreciate one.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Moved - wrong thread. However note that SPG is currently sending targeted offers of $798 for 5 nights in a studio @ SVO Maui (no sales pitch required). A lot cheaper than buying a unit

Last edited by Boraxo; May 6, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:37 pm

I am looking for a referral to the Mission Hills Villas (Rancho Mirage, CA).
Thank you!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by shirlgirl
I am looking for a referral to the Mission Hills Villas (Rancho Mirage, CA).
Thank you!
We are owners at mission hills. Send me a pm and I'll get a referral invitation setup for you.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, SPG Platinum
Went to a presentation yesterday at the Myrtle Beach Sheraton Broadway Plantation Villas. I didn't take the offer on ownership, but I did take the last chance offer. Now I'm second guessing myself, but I'm just considering it a prepaid vacation. Basically the offer was 60k Starpoints + 8 days/7 nights at the Sheraton Vistanas in Orlando, FL, or back at Myrtle Beach for $2,800. I pay that at 0% interest for 2 years, or until I feel like going on that trip within 2 years and pay the rest off. Also if I choose to join SVN, the $2,800 goes toward the down payment.

So basically just wondering what you think... 1) keep the trip/points, or 2) cancel the agreement, pay a $99 penalty, and call it a lesson learned.

For the record I have no intention of joining SVN, the lifetime MF scares the .... out of me. Who knows where I'll be in a few years.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:23 am

I think it's an ok deal. We purchased a similar Hilton package several years ago and after we returned home, decided to rescind and use the money to buy at Westin Kierland (resale). I will say that buying a TS on the resale market was a very good decision for us. The level of accommodations is very high; it really spoils you - is difficult for us to stay in a regular hotel room now.

Myrtle Beach Sheraton Broadway Plantation Villas. I didn't take the offer on ownership, but I did take the last chance offer. Now I'm second guessing myself, but I'm just considering it a prepaid vacation. Basically the offer was 60k Starpoints + 8 days/7 nights at the Sheraton Vistanas in Orlando, FL, or back at Myrtle Beach for $2,800. I pay that at 0% interest for 2 years, or until I feel like going on that trip within 2 years and pay the rest off. Also if I choose to join SVN, the $2,800 goes toward the down payment.

So basically just wondering what you think... 1) keep the trip/points, or 2) cancel the agreement, pay a $99 penalty, and call it a lesson learned.

For the record I have no intention of joining SVN, the lifetime MF scares the .... out of me. Who knows where I'll be in a few years.[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:49 am

I would love a referral for any property in Hawaii. Is anyone able to help me out? Much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.