Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Vacation Ownership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Just to clarify - I didn't buy the test drive / explorer package. You get the points just for attending the presentation.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Marriott, *wood, Hertz
We just bought a Starwood timeshare, yeah! Is there any additional benefits as a owner when stay at Starwood hotel? How can we link the timeshare and hotel accounts, if it can be done? I didn't find a place to enter the SVO number at spg.com. Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by BoardingPass
We just bought a Starwood timeshare, yeah! Is there any additional benefits as a owner when stay at Starwood hotel? How can we link the timeshare and hotel accounts, if it can be done? I didn't find a place to enter the SVO number at spg.com. Thanks for your help!
About the only benefit (as the owner of two Starwood timeshares) at SPG hotel properties is you are SPG Gold for life, if that was offered to you when you purchased.

I've never entered an SVO number at spg.com. Just the SPG number, after registering at SPG.com.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BoardingPass
Are you sure your "SVO number" isn't another SPG number? I had that problem with my first ownership because SVO did not include my existing SPG number in the timeshare paperwork and therefore assigned a new SPG number to me.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by controller1
Are you sure your "SVO number" isn't another SPG number? I had that problem with my first ownership because SVO did not include my existing SPG number in the timeshare paperwork and therefore assigned a new SPG number to me.
The promo code is xsv. Log in to mystarcentral.com and you can access all of your owner benefits and info. If they did give you a new # you can combine them. I think you can do this at spg,com... if not, a call to the owner's # should be all it takes to resolve.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver SPG Lifetime Gold
Does anyone know how long it takes for the SPG points to your account after attending a sales session? I went to one last week in Kauai, and decided not to join.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by chrisinacton
Does anyone know how long it takes for the SPG points to your account after attending a sales session? I went to one last week in Kauai, and decided not to join.
They ask to be given 30 days but mine posted in less than a week.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Current sales tour incentive at Westin Lagunamar was 6500 points, but they are currently running a "special" offering 8000 points or $125 resort credit. Does not meet our hourly rate (both spouses must attend) but YMMV. If interested you can sign up at the resort - no need to reserve before you arrive.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: American Airlines, SPG
Do your night in your SVO count towards elite status?

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
No they do not, at least not stays in the SVO property. If you convert to SPG points and use them for an award stay they do count.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Anyone have an owner referral for Starwood on any Hawaiian island (Maui preferred)? PM me please!
Old May 6, 2014, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Interesting revisiting this thread after 8 years! We just received a new offer: 4 nights + 5000 SPG points for $389 (Westin Mission Hills). Not quite as good as 2006 offer ($199 for 2 nights + 8000 points) but still a good rate. Tempting but we already have plans to visit the Marriott Desert Ridge for New Years Eve, and I don't play golf...but maybe I will see if they can honor at Kierland.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Interesting revisiting this thread after 8 years! We just received a new offer: 4 nights + 5000 SPG points for $389 (Westin Mission Hills). Not quite as good as 2006 offer ($199 for 2 nights + 8000 points) but still a good rate. Tempting but we already have plans to visit the Marriott Desert Ridge for New Years Eve, and I don't play golf...but maybe I will see if they can honor at Kierland.
Our experience is that you should call the number on the offer and ask about alternatives. We were offered Mission Hills but , with no difficulty at all, were able to request the Westin Lagunamar Cancun at the same rate.
Old May 10, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
My husband just got one of these preview offers. Are you obligated to attend the presentation? Good price or not, we are not interested if it involves us sitting through a lengthy sales presentation.
Old May 10, 2014, 4:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hginPHL
My husband just got one of these preview offers. Are you obligated to attend the presentation? Good price or not, we are not interested if it involves us sitting through a lengthy sales presentation.
The Terms & Conditions of the offer are listed on the offer. If there is no timeshare presentation requirement on the T&C then you are not obligated to attend one.

You will certainly be offered Starpoints to attend one but would be under no obligation unless it is disclosed in the offer's T&C's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.