Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Naka Phuket, Thailand, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...opertyID=57297

Those new Design Hotels Starwood properties do not seem to generate much interest on FlyerTalk - at least up to now. We are looking for a hotel for a few days break in South Thailand in December and are looking for feedback on those hotels that recently joined Starwood.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UASPG
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...opertyID=57297

Those new Design Hotels Starwood properties do not seem to generate much interest on FlyerTalk - at least up to now. We are looking for a hotel for a few days break in South Thailand in December and are looking for feedback on those hotels that recently joined Starwood.
Just wondering if you made it to this location and how was your impression. I'm just thinking a bout a one week stay but could not find further details so far.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
This, as does all SPG properties, has its very own relevant master thread. I would visit and post any questions there. In addition to that, the destinations section here on FT has a Thailand sub forum where I have seen discussions about this property.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
This, as does all SPG properties, has its very own relevant master thread. I would visit and post any questions there. In addition to that, the destinations section here on FT has a Thailand sub forum where I have seen discussions about this property.
I'm not sure there is already a thread on this hotel - note that the Naka Phuket is not the same as the Naka Island which has been SPG for a whike.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by 1readyset2go
This, as does all SPG properties, has its very own relevant master thread
Just for confirmation, this thread is for the new "The Naka Phuket, a Member of Design Hotels", which is a different property to The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Very mixed reviews on TA. The Naka Phuket-Kamala. Too much concrete for my tastes.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:26 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I am looking at this property but the panoramic 360 photos on TA show that the rooms are concrete bunkers which are too dark and jail like for my taste...
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Anyone stayed here lately? My wife and I are planning a trip in May and are trying to decide between this and the Meridian. We're using points, so saving some points for the Meridian would appealing, but the Naka looks gorgeous and more private.

Curious what people's experience have been getting a platinum upgrade, breakfast, etc.

Any recent insight would be really appreciated!
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:28 pm

I stayed there beginning of January and actually quite liked the hotel. It is a member of the design hotels family, so I don’t believe it is easy to score an upgrade. I recommend to book one of the pool villas - i believe they all have great views of the bay and there’s plenty of light, as walls are actually made from glass. Breakfast is included in all the rates and there were no platinum benefits whatsoever. The food in the restaurant was very good and there was a free shuttle to Patong (which is horrible btw).
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:00 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Any recent stays?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I'm considering this hotel as well... But booking from Marriott is soooo expensive (only flexible rate) versus booking directly with the hotel....

Worse, BRG doesn't apply to Design Hotel now....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.