Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood "Preferred Plus" Status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Starwood "Preferred Plus" Status

So, conveniently enough, I happened to be staying at a Westin the night/morning that this completed merger was announced. Needless to say, I immediately went online to see how my Marriott status would match to SPG. I'm currently just a regular member with Marriott, but I'm one night away from Silver and will reach it when they give me the free qualifying night for my birthday. According to their site, Marriott silver matches to "Preferred Plus." I've never heard of it, and haven't seen it ever discussed or in any SPG awards charts. It doesn't seem to be any different from preferred status except that you seem to get an "enhanced" room at check-in (which I would guess is not the same as a room upgrade). So, what exactly is this status and what is an enhanced room? Am I actually going to be getting anything above what I already get?

Basically, I'll take it, since with the free qualifying night I'll get Marriott silver anyway and I'm not going to turn down whatever status they offer, but my suspicion is that there will be absolutely no change in my actual SPG experience.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Oops, I just found another thread about this status. Not sure how it didn't come up in a search the first time. Please disregard/delete this thread.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
So, conveniently enough, I happened to be staying at a Westin the night/morning that this completed merger was announced. Needless to say, I immediately went online to see how my Marriott status would match to SPG. I'm currently just a regular member with Marriott, but I'm one night away from Silver and will reach it when they give me the free qualifying night for my birthday. According to their site, Marriott silver matches to "Preferred Plus." I've never heard of it, and haven't seen it ever discussed or in any SPG awards charts. It doesn't seem to be any different from preferred status except that you seem to get an "enhanced" room at check-in (which I would guess is not the same as a room upgrade). So, what exactly is this status and what is an enhanced room? Am I actually going to be getting anything above what I already get?

Basically, I'll take it, since with the free qualifying night I'll get Marriott silver anyway and I'm not going to turn down whatever status they offer, but my suspicion is that there will be absolutely no change in my actual SPG experience.
Preferred Plus comes with 4pm late checkout benefit at non-resort/non-convention/non-conference-center properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.