Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG should investigate Aloft Taipei's refusal to recognize Plat benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG should investigate Aloft Taipei's refusal to recognize Plat benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Exactly... When I read the thread, there was some deja-vu in the back of my mind...
I'll never understand why people start threads on existing info. This time I just sat back waiting for someone to post that previous thread. ^^
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
I'll never understand why people start threads on existing info. This time I just sat back waiting for someone to post that previous thread. ^^
Some are serial thread starters. They don't like to post in threads started by others or use search to find existing information.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by TerryK
Some are serial thread starters. They don't like to post in threads started by others or use search to find existing information.
I don't understand that. Why make more work for the MODS?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some are special snowflakes for whom information posted last week in the master thread is not recent enough. How many hotels change so quickly?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Well, I guess this begs the question of WHY Aloft and Element are exempted from providing Platinum upgrade benefits. Granted most Aloft properties are egalitarian with no suites, but there are exceptions. Element properties (all 12 or so of them in USA) have a pretty wide range of rooms. What makes either brand so special when W gives me the best room in the house consistently?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
One can also ask why Design Hotels are apparently exempt from providing SPG elite benefits.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Well, I guess this begs the question of WHY Aloft and Element are exempted from providing Platinum upgrade benefits. Granted most Aloft properties are egalitarian with no suites, but there are exceptions. Element properties (all 12 or so of them in USA) have a pretty wide range of rooms. What makes either brand so special when W gives me the best room in the house consistently?
No different from Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn not having any upgrades for HH Diamond members. The low end properties just don't have much and not designed for guests wanting suites.

If you want an upgrade, stay away from the hip, low end properties, and don't complain.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by TerryK
LMAO...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Thanks Lurker, I know you guys are fair and honest. Damn my friend is such a sheep. Can't stand that.... I will try, but ultimately it's his stay and he needs to get it out... urgh...

Thanks again.
by not complaining, your friend is allowing this property to get away with not complying with the t&c of the program....they will undoubtedly do this to other guests unless someone complains....
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
by not complaining, your friend is allowing this property to get away with not complying with the t&c of the program....they will undoubtedly do this to other guests unless someone complains....
He's the typical Asian nice guy: "oh, look on the bright side, it wasn't too bad..." urgh... I'm still trying...
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:54 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Other than the 4pm check-out, I'm not sure what there is to complain about? Aloft is exempt from room upgrades for spg elites per the terms and condition, so that won't stand much ground. As for changing room/bed type, the hotel may be inflexible but as long as the room/bed was assigned to as booked there's not much more that can be done.

I'll ask for late check out next week when I stay and report back, but maybe one should lower the expectation on other aspects as this is the first self-service spg hotel in Taipei.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
He's the typical Asian nice guy: "oh, look on the bright side, it wasn't too bad..." urgh... I'm still trying...
I'm not familiar with that stereotype. Nor with the word "urgh". I've got to get out more.

Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
FWIW, stayed there for one night at end of January to check out the new place. Late check out ok, room as booked.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jix
Other than the 4pm check-out, I'm not sure what there is to complain about? Aloft is exempt from room upgrades for spg elites per the terms and condition, so that won't stand much ground. As for changing room/bed type, the hotel may be inflexible but as long as the room/bed was assigned to as booked there's not much more that can be done.
i was only referring to the late checkout....the property did nothing wrong on the other 2 points....
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

i was only referring to the late checkout....the property did nothing wrong on the other 2 points....
Not related but I was denied late checkout by Four Points Taipei, a complain only gets a standard response from their management: "we will continue to train our staff...."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.