Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Terms and Conditions
  • 50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels.
  • 50% Off Award is valid for a maximum of up to five consecutive nights at SPG50 participating hotels worldwide. Using the 50% Off Award for less than five nights, forfeits any unused nights, and the 50% Off Award is no longer valid for use in connection with any other stay.
  • Most, but not all, Starwood Preferred Guest participating hotels participate in the 50% Off Award. 50% Off Awards are NOT valid in Hawaii or at the Bahrain Sheraton Hotel.
  • At Sheraton Vacation Resorts and Westin Vacation Resorts, the 50% Off Award length of stay requirements may vary. Please call for specific requirements. However, only one certificate is required regardless of how many nights a guest is eligible to stay at Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award is valid on regular (RACK) room rates based upon availability of the SPG50 Rate Plan.
  • 50% Off Award may not be applied toward service charges, room tax, food and beverages, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases, or other incidental charges and taxes.
  • Starwood Preferred Guest Members are eligible to receive Starpoints for the paid portion of the stay only. Starpoints cannot be earned on any paid portion of the SPG50 Rate Plan at Sheraton Vacation Resorts or Westin Vacation Resorts.
  • 50% Off Award reservations are commissionable to Travel Agents.
  • Standard Guarantee and Deposit Policy applies and varies by hotel.
  • 50% Off Award is not combinable with other room or rate promotional discounts or special programs, including Upgrade Certificates.
  • 50% off Award is good for only one room during the stay.
  • 50% Off Award has no cash value.
Print Wikipost

Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 9:05 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
[/QUOTE]
Terms and Conditions
50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels. [/QUOTE]

And http://m.starwoodhotels.com/preferre...eem/rooms.html
Old May 12, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Terms and Conditions
50% Off Award is subject to availability; advance reservations required. Callers must advise they are using a 50% Off Award and request Rate Plan ID: SPG50 when making reservations. The number and type of rooms offered may be limited and black-out dates may apply. 50% Off Award may not apply to suites at all hotels.
And http://m.starwoodhotels.com/preferre...eem/rooms.html[/QUOTE]

It does not say by redeeming 1,000 Starpoints via the call center.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
You should be able to redeem via the online chat as well.

Remember to set your "verbal" password in your profile.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
FWIW I just booked the St Regis Bora Bora in an Overwater Villa using the 1,000 points ..... to bring down the rate to 73,000CPF.

Staying at the SRBB than the LMBB which I also had a very good BRG claim yesterday (55,000CPF) but I thought I'd pay the 18,000 CPF more per night for 3 times the villa space of the LM + butler + more luxurious setting + more.

Also Platinums get free full breakfast at the SRBB so that's a deal winner surprisingly.

Question:- using these awards, will I earn Star points for my stay? The room itself is around USD$3500 and when I add dinner and activities, I could be spending over $5,000 .... so that's like 15,000 points (which is almost a Cat6 free night).

Last edited by alanslegal; Sep 10, 2015 at 7:48 pm
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:03 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alanslegal

Question:- using these awards, will I earn Star points for my stay?
Yes. And stay credit.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Yes. And stay credit.
Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold QFF WP AA EXP Marriott PPE HH Diam
Used this twice recently. Both places I had been trying to get BRG's for 6 months with no luck. For those that don't know, it costs 1000 starpoints per room for max 5 nights. Fully Flexible and get points back if you cancel.

Prince de Galles, Paris France. 5th-9th Oct. 2 x Art Deco Deluxe (including rollaway) $567 EUR AI (think this was 35-40% off best price I had found).

The Chatwal New York. 24th-29th Dec. 2 x Junior Suite $563 + $50 (rollaway) + Taxes. This is about 35% off the best price I have found in last 6 months for these dates.

As you can see, saved us many thousands.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
It tends to be about room type rather than location. SPG50 is much better value for suites (which tend to have average prices tracking closer to rack upon which SPG 50 is based) than it is for regular rooms.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold QFF WP AA EXP Marriott PPE HH Diam
It's also about peak time, when prices are closest to their "Rack" rate.

I also have a booking at the Chatwal for 1st-6th Jan which I am cancelling, but it was not much below the BAR.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EP, AS/EY/AV G
just booked a lagoon-access king suite in yogyakarta (w/club access) early december for $100 vs. $150 on website - decent discount (this has to be the cheapest sheraton in the world - lol)
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by pathensley
just booked a lagoon-access king suite in yogyakarta (w/club access) early december for $100 vs. $150 on website - decent discount (this has to be the cheapest sheraton in the world - lol)
guess again....i'm staying at the sheraton herndon dulles currently & the weekend rate here is $64 a night....
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EP, AS/EY/AV G
yogyakarta is about $50/nt for the standard rooms - but $100 for suite w/club access is pretty good - and free minibar! ;-)
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by pathensley
yogyakarta is about $50/nt for the standard rooms - but $100 for suite w/club access is pretty good - and free minibar! ;-)
you have to love the free minibar....

i remember staying here about 5-6 years ago for similar rates....surprised the rates haven't increased after all these years....
Old May 15, 2016, 9:16 pm

I should check SPG50 or RACK through http://www.awardpad.com/rate-lookup ?

do I get 50% off SPG50 rate or SPG50 rate is what I get?

how do I get to online chat, I don't see this option through website

Last edited by ecgz88; May 15, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Old May 15, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ecgz88
I should check SPG50 or RACK through http://www.awardpad.com/rate-lookup ?

do I get 50% off SPG50 rate or SPG50 rate is what I get?

how do I get to online chat, I don't see this option through website

Thanks!
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ort/index.html There is a button that connects to chat. You must contact SPG to get the SPG50 rate.

It is 50% off rack rate and 1000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.