Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaii Honeymoon Help- Moana or Royal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2708 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I'd suggest the RH. We had a great time, enjoyed a great upgrade (without SNA) and especially enjoyed the breakfast (with buy up).

Being your honeymoon, I believe the RH has better ambiance and location. While there's nothing wrong with the location of the Westin, it gets traffic from the PK (across the street) and might have more noise with the street performers (often great) and the market across the street. The RH is connected to a nice mall and the street looks quite nice with all the lit torches.
The market across the street is gone for now. Yes the Intl Mkt Place is gone, seems they will be returning in some form but a high rise is being built on the site being called Intl Mkt Place
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The RH was a room in their "tower" and was just about as spartan a room as I've ever stayed in. Perhaps they have re-decorated. The Moana room was nicer. I used points at the RH. I don't recall if I paid or used points at the Moana.

You will not waste much time changing hotels. Driving could take longer than walking. But if you have a lot of luggage and you can't borrow a luggage cart (which would be a hoot down Kalakaua Ave.) YHRMSMV.
I dont suggest it unless the bags dont weigh much at all. But walking on the beach is the fastest way between both hotels, maybe a 5min walk. Alot longer using Kalakaua since just getting to the street is a hike
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Talked to an ambassador

SPG ambassador told me that I should wait until the cancellation deadline to see if the RH has given me a garden suite (that's the best I can get with a SNA). As of now, it's available. At that point while the ocean view would be nicer, we would get a nice spacious suite. Garden Suite at RH trumps MS Partial Ocean View tower?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2708 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I'd suggest the RH. We had a great time, enjoyed a great upgrade (without SNA) and especially enjoyed the breakfast (with buy up).

Being your honeymoon, I believe the RH has better ambiance and location. While there's nothing wrong with the location of the Westin, it gets traffic from the PK (across the street) and might have more noise with the street performers (often great) and the market across the street. The RH is connected to a nice mall and the street looks quite nice with all the lit torches.
The noise is much more likely to be a Moana issue. The RH setback is a big advantage in that regard. I usually stay across the street (frequently in the PK before resort-fee-hell started) and more recently in the Beachcomber (Holiday Inn) because I typically just want a clean convenient room at a decent price where I can earn some points while I'm in HNL. I can tell you that even very high floors at either of these properties get a fair amount of street / performer noise at night. I'd expect most Moana POV tower rooms would get a similar noise. It doesn't continue to the wee hours.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Skip Oahu and go to Kauai
^^^
This can't be stressed enough. If you added Kauai to the three locations you already chose....Kauai would be the highlight of your trip.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Mcharania
SPG ambassador told me that I should wait until the cancellation deadline to see if the RH has given me a garden suite (that's the best I can get with a SNA). As of now, it's available. At that point while the ocean view would be nicer, we would get a nice spacious suite. Garden Suite at RH trumps MS Partial Ocean View tower?
I very much enjoyed my stay at the RH this past December. We were upgraded to a loft suite where it's located on the ground floor, right next to the swimming pool. The only problem is that it does not have any type of view. I didn't care much for the view, I just needed the space then.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by craz
Its been yrs since I was @ a *W in Waikiki, once they insituted the fake resort fee(no *W is a resort on Oahu,IMO) I stopped going to them.

Basically as a Plat we are entitled to most everything they say they are supplying for it, the exception is it includes free parking,only in Waikiki I never have a car overnight so Im being charged for parking a car that I dont have, no Thank You. There are too many other places I can stay w/o being hit with that fake fee and I do stay there

That said I usually do end up inside both of them whenever Im in town. My take on the crowds the RH is usually an older crowd then the MSs. But neither really gets the young crowd, they will either not be on Oahu or want a much cooler place. Both hotels have very small pools and I believe no hot tubs. Best pool is the Sher Waikiki, young couples and singles (Ok familys as well) its alive unlike the RH & MS. The Sher has a # of bars that are poping while its much more sedate at the RH & MS, Ive walked thru at nights and it sounded like a disco was happening, youd never find that at the RH or MS
The RH does have a hot tub in the pool area. Usually quiet over there in the late afternoon. No matter which one you stay at - definitely stop by the Mai Tai bar in the evening for the Classic Mai Tai w/ the Thin flat bread pizza. Also-next door at the Sheraton Waikiki, the Kai Market buffet is very good.

Originally Posted by Mcharania
Did you stay in a standard historic room at the RH? What was so unimpressive? Was it too small, or just not worth the money?...
Last time we were there, we turned down an upgrade into the tower to keep the corner room garden view in the Historic building.

mcharainia - where did you end up staying? How was it?

Last edited by xzh445; Nov 17, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.