Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Dining not posting properly--recurring SPG issue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Dining not posting properly--recurring SPG issue?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
never tried just dine without staying in the hotel but even sometimes when I stay and dine (Many times) that the points for it just won't post (the dine portion)
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I have given up on trying to work with the servers or their managers to figure how to post the dining credits.

As other have mentioned, its far easier to simply take a pic of your receipt (ensure the details are all legible, including restaurant name, hotel and total) and simply email it to [email protected] and it will be credited within a couple of days, IMRE. ^
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I am new to Starwood - Gold via AMEX Platinum a couple of weeks ago, have yet to actually stay at an SPG property. However, Yesterday I stopped by Trace bar at the W Seattle, where the bartender was aware of the procedure. When he went on break, the food manager filled in for him, so I asked him if he ran across non-guest credit requests often. He replied it was rare, but seemed really happy to see an SPG member wanting to use it. When I was ready to pay, the manager enthusiastically presented me with the blank form to fill in my details (I was a bit concerned that there was an extra space in the SPG# field), promising to turn it in right away, so I should get my credit within a couple of days. Lo and behold ... last night on the app there were my 36 points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.