Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Frankfurt Airport FRA, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:59 pm

Lounge and Plats?

Just wish to confirm that at this hotel:

1. Plats automatically get Lounge access. Right? As part of SPG benefit?

2. There is ONE lounge? Or are there TWO? In the latter case, which is the better one and where are Plats usually allocated (assuming there is such a benefit).

Many thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
(a) YES
(b) ONE
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
(a) YES
(b) ONE
Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Air France, Lufthansa, Continental Air
Thumbs down

I stayed at both this property and the Westin Grand a few months ago. My experience was so bad at the Sheraton FRA that on my next visit I will take the quick train trip into Frankfurt and stay at the Westin Grand rather than subject myself to this place-even with my little boy and extra luggage! The staff was rude (and it wasn't cultural, I'm half German with a German name), the room wasn't in good condition (family room with no working AC) the other room for my parents also had AC issues, and I actually had to ask the attendant in the Club Lounge to ask a group of American business travelers to tone down their use of the F word. My little boy and my elderly parents were with us and their vulgar behaviour and loud descriptions of their bedroom antics was not appreciated. I spoke with the manager and was told this group comes in often and there's been many complaints, but as their company does a lot of business with the property there is nothing that can be done. This response told me all I needed to know about what is important to the management at this property
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Gold, BA Gold, Starwood Platinum
They have renovated the rooms on the 8th floor and club lounge on the 9th floor. The renovated lounge opened yesterday and I was the first one in one of the renovated rooms yesterday. It is nicer now (still not great), but still a plain vanilla airport hotel.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:57 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
I have done C&P at this hotel and upgraded to Club Level at check-in, but not in advance. 1000 points for the upgrade...pretty good deal considering the lounge offerings at this property. Still had to pay for internet however.
Thanks for this information. ^
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any thoughts on whether it's worth it to delay a week long Europe trip home (coming back one day later) to spend 24 hours in Frankfurt?

A pair of F seats opened up the day after we're scheduled to go home (already booked in F on an award). No compelling reason to spend the extra day, just figured why not. Doing a day long stopover in Munich on the outbound.

Preference would be to stay at the FRA Sheraton given airport proximity, and that we'd only be there for 24 hours. But I'm guessing anything interesting is close to the city center - between bags and already having hopped around a few different cities, might not be worth it at the end of a long trip.

Thanks for any advice.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Travelling with wife and teenage daughter ... any suggestions of best FRA option? Don't want to have daughter in separate room, and she's on an Int'l flight in the mid-morning.

Fine with taking train from from LeM and/or Westin; deciding factor is room size/hotels that provide roll-away option ... assuming upgrade doesn't happen .. I'm a platinum, so hoping, but don't want to risk squeezing in.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by pindento
Travelling with wife and teenage daughter ... any suggestions of best FRA option? Don't want to have daughter in separate room, and she's on an Int'l flight in the mid-morning.

Fine with taking train from from LeM and/or Westin; deciding factor is room size/hotels that provide roll-away option ... assuming upgrade doesn't happen .. I'm a platinum, so hoping, but don't want to risk squeezing in.

in the tower section they have a room called family room. i call it family suite because it is very large. it consist of two rooms one has king size and the other room has 2 single or double beds. in between there is the bathroom. when i travel with my family i always get upgraded to this room (100% success). when i travel solo i always get upgraded to the tower section ( mostly Jr. Suite, but some times just regular tower floor room).
Old May 2, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Originally Posted by pindento

They do have a number of family rooms that include a King and two singles within the same large room. They have been generous with me on several occasions confirming the upgrade in advance upon polite request (I sent them an email). Good luck !
Old May 2, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by banzani
They do have a number of family rooms that include a King and two singles within the same large room. They have been generous with me on several occasions confirming the upgrade in advance upon polite request (I sent them an email). Good luck !
Thanks KSA_USA and banzani,

For this hotel, I was able to reserve the King +1 ... pretty pricey, but want to feel safe that I'm not sleeping on the floor

Made similar arrangements in Bonn (Hilton); have had previous experience at Sheraton Brussels (large rooms in any case, so not too concerned), but ... any chance you have some experience with LeMeridien in Paris, and what I'm looking at there? I pre-paid a King in advance at LeM, thinking it was just my wife and I ... I'll be seriously crossing my fingers on an upgrade when we arrive.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
This is a huge hotel obviously designed for large volume business. There were for example around 8 young ladies doing checkins. These kind of hotels I generally find cold and impersonal. However as a SPG Plantinum I have to say I enjoyed my stay. Upgraded to a larger room on the SPG club floor (Floor7), I was won overby the club. Very large roomy. Outstanding food and service. Breahfast was fabulous. Best I have had at any Sheraton Club. Chef cooks eggs to order. Excellent buffet spread. Fresh berries. Just oustanding.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
This is a huge hotel obviously designed for large volume business. There were for example around 8 young ladies doing checkins. These kind of hotels I generally find cold and impersonal. However as a SPG Plantinum I have to say I enjoyed my stay. Upgraded to a larger room on the SPG club floor (Floor7), I was won overby the club. Very large roomy. Outstanding food and service. Breahfast was fabulous. Best I have had at any Sheraton Club. Chef cooks eggs to order. Excellent buffet spread. Fresh berries. Just oustanding.
Thanks for the review! I'll be staying there in mid-July. ^
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG plat ambassador
I just checked in a few hours ago and the hotel has been fantastic. Very friendly staff and terrific executive lounge. We have a family room and it is very modern and quite large. Nice gym too.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Just returned from a quick overnight there with a Club 9th floor room. Room was great, recently renovated, awesome desk/work area to set up a laptop. Bathroom was impeccable. Lounge had great eats throughout the day which unfortunately as a pre-contest competitive bodybuilder I could not avail myself of. That said, the staff there was more than accomodating of my unusual requests related to my diet.

This is not a 5 star hotel but that said, for what it is intended to be, is a fine property and I highly recommend the Club Floor rooms in the Tower.

Worldspan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.