Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2001, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Grand Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

I am the guy who was assigned an upgraded room next to the staff elevator at Sheraton Warsaw in May (3 week stay).

Well, I returned to the hotel again in June and had more problems. This time my room was still not too quiet - it was still near the staff elevator (but not next to it so it was not terrible) and it was below a kitchen of the tower level.

One night, at 11:30PM, they were drilling! When I complained to the front desk, the clerk said maybe they are drilling a safe open for a guest.

Then, on a Saturday morning, with the Do Not Disturb sign on my door, someone knocked on my door. They were spraying pesticide in the hotel! The guy apologized immediately and left. Umm, I am sure he would have come into my room and sprayed pesticide if I was not there. (Why else would he knock on the door?) When I complained to the front desk, the lady said maybe the guy could not read the English DND sign. (No, I am not 8 years old and I don't look like I can be easily fooled :-))

Since I know the local managers because of all the problems I had the first time, I complained by e-mail. The GM wrote back a pretty frank worded letter to apologize and promised they will take care of me next time (hopefully not like this time). That was nice. Still no compensation though (I did not ask and I think any other hotel would have offered some).

I must be the most unlucky guest they have. I wonder if I should give them one more chance? Should I bring this matter to corporate to seek compensation? If I do, should I plan on never return there again? Any thoughts?

Steven
Old Jul 25, 2001, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
How is the rest of the hotel? Comfortable? Nice neighborhood? If so, I would try again. I'm interested in this since I have to go to Warsaw in September.

Also, you may have heard that there is a new Hyatt opening in Warsaw in October. Maybe Sheraton will react to the competition in a good way.
Old Jul 26, 2001, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I split my time between the Marriott and the Sheraton. The M is older but a lot better run.

The Sherton neighborhood is nicer although not as central as the Marriott. The rooms are nice and bigger than the regular rooms at the Marriott. The beds are not good - some mattresses seem really thin and old. Most importantly, you can open the window and get some fresh air in the summer.

Yes, the Hyatt will open in Sep or October. Westin in 2003, I think. I would think the Sheraton would be worried especially occupancy rates in WAW hotels are not that high (although have been sold out a lot over the last few weeks).

Steven

[This message has been edited by username (edited 07-26-2001).]
Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:52 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Sheraton Warsaw

I'll be traveling to WAW in July '03 and looking for guidance for a one night stay at either this property or the Hyatt. Any thoughts???--other suggestions??? Looking for something fairly central, price not really an obstacle as I'll be on business travel.
Old Dec 5, 2002, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I don't have recent experience, but when I stayed at the Sheraton in Warsaw quite a few times about 4 years ago it was an excellent property.

By the way, what business are you in where you can still say "don't worry about the cost"? And do you have any jobs going? We used to stay in Sheratons on business, but now we're down to well under US$100 per night as the allowance in most places (and that's working for a multinational with a turnover around $15bn).

[This message has been edited by christep (edited 12-06-2002).]
Old Dec 6, 2002, 6:26 am

While not being outlandish, my company has negotiated rates with most hotels internationally, I saw the rates at the Sheraton Warsaw ranged from 110- 300, which all would be well within our guidelines. I only meant, I was not looking for the absolute cheapest hotel, but something comfortable and in a good location.
Old Dec 6, 2002, 10:21 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
I stay at this hotel about 4x a year and it is a truly great property. The Hyatt is off the beaten track although it has a great health club and pool. The health club at the Sheraton is nothing to write home about. Hope you can get on the Concierge floor as they really have a nice breakfast and cocktail spread in the afternoon. Enjoy your stay.
Old Dec 6, 2002, 11:12 am

MileTex, I'm a Platinum and I notice this is a '& Towers' property. Do you know if Plats get upgraded to this section. (In London, HKG & other spots they do not, but in Stockholm they do.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 5:34 am

Sheraton Warsaw & Towers--Towers Floor???

Does anyone know if this property is one of those '..& Towers' hotels that doesn't upgrade Platinums to the Towers level? I know that in London & Hong Kong that is the case, but in Stockholm it was not (I was on a Free Friday stay & was upgraded). Also any comments on the Towers section in Warsaw would be appreciated...
I can get a corp rate of 110 or pay for a Towers room at 300!
Old Dec 10, 2002, 11:53 am

I stay there 4x a year and as a Platinum am always UGed to the Towers level. If not just ask and I'm sure they will UG you. Lounge is very nice and the staff there are always first rate. I know you'll enjoy your stay.
Old Dec 16, 2002, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I have booked this property for a stay in early February -- brrrr. Can anyone answer Mauld's question about upgrading Plats to a Towers room?

Ooops. Just found another thread that answers this question...

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 12-16-2002).]
Old Jun 4, 2003, 4:16 am
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
Sheraton Warsaw - Reservation Query

Hello,

I'm staying at the Sheraton Warsaw this weekend and my confirmation e-mail shows a King Standard Room reservation with breakfast at 125 Euro per night.

The online record of my reservation shows a Deluxe Room at 125 Euro per night with no mention of breakfast.

I am wondering whether the hotel as already upgraded my room category to reflect my SPG Gold status but does anybody know whether doing that changes the terms of your rate (i.e. the disappearance of breakfast)?

Also, if anyone has stayed in this property before, does the hotel operate a car service for collection from the airport, etc. given the notorious reputation of Warsaw's taxi drivers pitching for business there?

Thanks,

David
Old Jun 4, 2003, 5:35 am

I'd be interested in hearing your impressions as I'll be there in early July. Strangely enough, when I made my reservation on the website I reserved a King room (not requested, but actually 'clicked-on' King), yet when my confirm came back it said Twin. Called Starwood, all they could do was 'request' a King, even though website still showed Kings available. I went with a E110 rate, as I'm Platinum and hope for a free breakfast or at least access to the lounge (as well as for some sort of upgrade).
Old Jun 4, 2003, 11:24 am

As a Plat. you will def. get access to the lounge. Just be sure to ask for it if its not offered. The lounge is pretty nice with a wide selection of drinks and food. Also the staff are great at this hotel. I think there is a car service to the airport. My trick though is when you exit customs you just tell those pesky drivers to F. Off Then take the elevator upstairs and wait for a taxi up there. All the licensed, metered ones drop off passengers there and can also take you to the city. Hope you have a great stay.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 12:05 pm
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
taxi drivers on rank right outside arrivals in Warsaw are metered - should cost around 30 Zloty to get to Sheraton - depending on time of day night (remember there are 6 zloty to US $ so this is cheap) the sheraton has cars to take you back to airport at a flat rate of 40 zloty.

i only had one taxi driver try to rip me off with a rigged meter (going from old town back to sheraton) he tried to charge me 120- zloty, i simply went to get the hotel doorman, and by time i got back, said taxi and zoomed off.

sheraton is fine, but can get a bit busy. make sure your room is not above the bar (even four floos above it is noisy)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.