Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Denver Downtown (Formerly Tabor Center) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Denver Downtown (Formerly Tabor Center) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2001, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Arrow Westin Denver Downtown (Formerly Tabor Center) [Master Thread]

I just booked a room at the Westin Tabor Centre in Denver for this Sunday, 27 May. I got it via Priceline for a bid of $50, which isn't bad, IMHO.

That goes along with the $230 roundtrip I bought from BOS on US, upgraded to F all the way... Essentially, I'm doing this as a mileage run with an afternoon in Denver.

Any experiences with this property? This will be my first time to Denver. Any suggestions about 1) how to get to/from the hotel/airport and 2) what to do in Denver in 1 day? Any good restaurants or ways to see the mountains?
Old May 25, 2001, 4:27 am

I just got back from a conference at the Westin Tabor Center. The hotel is currently in the middle of a major renovation and so are the shops connected to the hotel.The lobby is basically closed. The brochure that I received from the hotel stated that they had an Executive Club lounge, but even though I am a gold member I was told that the hotel did not have one.
The heavenly beds were heavenly, but the noise outside was not. There is a Palm resturant in the hotel. We really enjoyed our dinner. The Augusta resturant has a breakfast buffet with an omlet station. Another great meal.
There is a Super Shuttle from the airport to the hotel. If you call the hotel they will give you more details. It is a 45 minute ride from the airport to the hotel. We took a cab and it cost us $50.
Since I was at a conference I did not have much time for sightseeing. Hope this is helpful.
Old May 25, 2001, 9:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Rent a car.

The airport is a million miles away from anything. I'm not a fan.

Plus, with a car, you can drive up into the mountatins -ie . Breckenridge or someplace like that, which isn't too far...
Old Oct 19, 2002, 10:51 pm

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
Kudos to Westin Tabor Denver

I checked in last night, exhausted, and the two at the desk were VERY PROFESSIONAL - "Hello Ms. Gibson, we have your room ready, we have all your info and your upgrade" "is there anything else you need?"
I asked if the PALM restaurant could deliver a salad, and they said "let's call and see" and in 5 seconds they had an okay, and took my order for a wedge salad (at the front desk, mind you)......then in my room about 8 minutes later I had a fabulous, crisp double wedge with bleu cheese and amazing beefsteak tomatoes, delivered by PALM staff and SPG service express got me silverware. This meant SO MUCH to me, as I was ensconced in a lovely room, with a massive city view, a heavenly bed, high-speed internet, this great salad and a glass of cab. The Westin Staff just went above and beyond, for a tired traveler it meant so very much. I am loyal to SPG, and this is why.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 10:53 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
bravo !
Old Oct 20, 2002, 12:28 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
This is one of my favorite hotels. . they do seem to go out of their way when they're not overrun by a lot of conventioneers! And the rooms I've stayed in have always been beautiful. I agree - this was VERY good customer service. I hope you took the time to send an email or call Customer Service.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 7:06 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
This is so nice to hear. We have a meeting
coming up in 11/02 and this Hotel was picked
due to my experiences. I was just a little
hesitant since the last time I was there was
2 years ago. For us who travel lots this is
what the good life is about even when you
have to be on the road. A salad, diet coke
and a good movie being watched from a Westin
Heavenly bed.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Amazing. I checked in last week, very average checkin service and very average room as a Platinum. Plus charged for local telephone calls.

On the other hand, night before I was at Hyatt six blocks away as a Diamond and provided outstanding checkin service, upgrade to a large corner suite, and a very good Regency Club. Plus no charge for local calls.

I would choose the Hyatt anytime, but that's what makes life interesting.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.

[This message has been edited by World20 (edited 10-20-2002).]
Old Nov 10, 2002, 9:26 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Transport from Denver Intl. to Westin Tabor Center

This will be the first time I am visiting
Denver since the "new" airport. Any
suggestions on transport from Airport to
downtown Westin. Previously I have heard it
was a crazy price due to the distance in a
cab. Please advise. Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2002, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Last time I was in DEN, I stayed at the Tabor Centre as well. The best route for me was to take one of the airport shuttle vans. I believe SuperShuttle runs vans to downtown hotels for under $20, but it's been a bit more than a year since my trip, so I can't remember the exact price. In any case, this is probably your least expensive option. I believe a taxi would cost a good deal more.
Old Nov 10, 2002, 4:17 pm

Taxis to downtown are high -- $40 or higher. But at least you go directly there in 30-35 minutes.

The shuttles are $20, which is not bad if you have the time to make all the stops. Check the DIA home page for exact information.
Old Nov 11, 2002, 9:04 am

Definintely the best value is the city bus service from DIA to downtown. It is one of those long-haul Greyhound style busses, and it only costs $8.00 each way. Take the 'AF' bus, which leaves from the 6th level East side, and get off at 16th and Market. Then walk or take the free shuttle 2 blocks south-east along 16th, and you are there.

(edited for typo)

[This message has been edited by bxwatso (edited 11-11-2002).]
Old Nov 11, 2002, 9:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bxwatso:
Definintely the best value is the city bus service from DIA to downtown. It is one of those long-haul Greyhound style busses, and it only costs $8.00 each way. Take the 'AF' bus, which leaves from the 6th level East side, and get off at 16th and Market. Then walk or take the free shuttle 2 blocks south-east along 16th, and you are there.

(edited for typo)

[This message has been edited by bxwatso (edited 11-11-2002).]
</font>

Yes, indeed the SkyRide AF bus service is as quick and easy as bxwatso said it was. This option is good if you are not burdened with much luggage.

You can get schedules on line via the RTD's website.

Old Nov 11, 2002, 2:11 pm

What ever you do, DO NOT take the super shuttle. I thought I'd do it to avoid the price of a car rental, which I did successfully, but the rental would have run me about $45, the shuttle was $40 round trip and it took me an hour and a half to get to the hotel due to all the intermediate stops!
Old Jun 18, 2003, 6:11 pm

Denver WestinTabor Club Floor

A few weeks ago I asked wether this property had Club floors and a Club lounge. Nobody answered. Fodor's and Frommer's say it does. Will somebody comment on this subject?

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.