Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Visa Signature Collection still eligible for points and status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if you book a hotel through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection, do you still earn points, nights, stays, etc?

I know that when you book through expedia and what not, you don't earn points but FHR you can, sometimes, earn points. Just wondering which category Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection falls into.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:38 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
In my experience yes.... however odds are the Starwood Hotel you are looking at is part of Starwood's own amenity program called Luxury Privileges. There is an FT thread HERE with specific interest to post #17. The perks would be far more valuable than anything Visa has.

Last edited by ABG; May 3, 2015 at 7:42 am Reason: typo
Old May 3, 2015, 1:26 am

A proper FHR rate should always earn points/stays/nights.

I was told the same should apply for the Visa equivalent, but have seen some odd reports in conflict.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.