Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Park Ridge, King of Prussia, PA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Park Ridge, King of Prussia, PA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Park Ridge Hotel & Conference Center at Valley Forge
Strangely enough, this place still appears on the SPG website after a search and is available for booking with rates and all...!? It's not a Sheraton branded hotel though, maybe they want to rebrand it as, er, a Luxury Collection property?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Park Ridge Hotel & Conference Center at Valley Forge
Strangely enough, this place still appears on the SPG website after a search and is available for booking with rates and all...!? It's not a Sheraton branded hotel though, maybe they want to rebrand it as, er, a Luxury Collection property?
LOL!!!!!

Although not one of my favourites, it was a useful hotel to stay at on my way leaving the Philly area by car.
Old May 13, 2009, 6:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Mystery solved! The reason why the former Sheraton Park Ridge might appear in a search is because the property is still owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. even if it's no longer a Sheraton property. I wonder why they didn't put money into it instead of keeping it as a no brand/no name property? I guess Radisson, Wyndham, Clarion, Crowne Plaza and others didn't want to buy this one or maybe Starwood was asking too much. It's located next to one of the largest shopping location in the US, this should be an attractive fact, no?

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; May 13, 2009 at 6:15 am
Old May 13, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
so if owned by spg, why no points for stays? it was a DOG of a property, but so convenient. Esp for shows at the center
Old May 13, 2009, 9:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
This property is/was a detriment to the Sheraton brand. I'm not surprised that even though *wood owns it, they don't want their name on it.

But the location is extremely convenient - maybe they're just going to hang onto it for a few years until things pick up and it becomes worthwhile to sink some money into a serious renovation.

The Sheraton Great Valley is not too terribly far from this property and that's a great place to stay for those looking for SPG point earning alternatives in the KOP area.
Old May 19, 2009, 9:52 am

This property will get raised, probably after a year or so. You'll probably see an economy flag on here in the interim. The box is functionally obscelete.

Eventually the site will likely be redeveloped into more market appropriate lodging.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump to add--
Just appeared today on the Choice Hotels new hotel openings list. It's now a Clarion (a brand that, in the US, seems to consist primarily of rundown 'full-service' properties after they lose their original flag).
http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-ki...sylvania-PA649
Old Aug 22, 2009, 5:28 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Bump to add--
Just appeared today on the Choice Hotels new hotel openings list. It's now a Clarion (a brand that, in the US, seems to consist primarily of rundown 'full-service' properties after they lose their original flag).
http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-ki...sylvania-PA649
Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going on it with it. I used to stay there periodically but now stay weekly at the Sheraton Suites PHL. Since the million dollar makeover about 2 years ago, there has been a turnover of some of the staff. The staff is first rate and the rooms are very nice.

I guess that it took awhile to sell off the Park ridge property due to the hotel's overall condition and the country's economy.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I guess that it took awhile to sell off the Park ridge property due to the hotel's overall condition and the country's economy.
They may not have sold it. Starwood owns another Clarion, a Days Inn, and some other random properties.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:51 pm

Returning to Sheraton, July 2012

For some odd reason, the address and info don't show up on this page at the moment, but they're in the cached version at Google:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...a&brandCode=SI

It was a Clarion until January, when it closed.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:43 pm

Cool! I'm not surprised, I mean this place is located next to the King of Prussia mall. Being located next to this luxury shopping mecca is a sure shot. Hope they will do a nice reno, it was needed; 5 years ago...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:09 pm

It was sold to a licensee, the guy that built the Westin in Mt Laurel actually. He is renovating and reopening it.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
http://kopbid.com/?attractions=comin...n-valley-forge
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:34 pm

Opens 10/8, reservations 10/11. I hope to be there 10/15
Old Oct 7, 2012, 9:06 pm

so in reading the description,

Settle in for a restful night on the plush Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Bed in any of our 180 guest rooms and suites. A host of modern conveniences will help you feel at home, including a refrigerator, a 42” flat screen television, and wired and wireless High Speed Internet Access. Enjoy the additional amenities of a Sheraton Club Room, or the extra space of one of our 58 suites.

So 30% of the rooms are suites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.