Wiki Posts
Search

Sleep on the Floor - NO!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
It's hard to kick out people already ensconced in rooms if they unexpectedly extend their stays.

A little frustrating, yes, but not really a huge deal. I'd say the property recovered OK in the end.
I agree - not sure that 90 minutes is really that long for you to have gotten what you wanted.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:10 am

90 minutes isn't bad if the hotel was indeed full.

Trying to book online, it doesn't seem to ask for the kids ages. Were they provided?

Also what type of bedding was in a big room? I haven't been able to find that online.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by jsm
Thoughts -

We reserved a room for my wife and 3 kids (king bed plus double sleeper sofa) at the Sheraton Pleasanton. She arrived today and was told that they don't have the room with the sleeper sofa (they are at 100% occupancy) and will give her a big room with a roll-a-way bed. Their solution - they will give sheets and one of them can sleep on the floor.

Not too happy. Waiting for them to come back with a better solution.
Hilton did the same thing to us when the 2-BR suite that we booked disappeared. Wife was not thrilled to begin with, but almost blew her top when they recommended that kids sleep on the floor. Ended up getting walk compensation (moved to ES), but it took a lot of work.

Mike
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsm
Thoughts -

We reserved a room for my wife and 3 kids (king bed plus double sleeper sofa) at the Sheraton Pleasanton. She arrived today and was told that they don't have the room with the sleeper sofa (they are at 100% occupancy) and will give her a big room with a roll-a-way bed. Their solution - they will give sheets and one of them can sleep on the floor.

If you come up to this area next time, I recommend Hyatt Place near Hacienda or Hyatt House in San Ramon. Bigger space and perfect for 5 people.

The SPG properties here tend to be packed by tour buses (at least from my observations) when I drive by them.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Is 4-5 people in one room really reasonable?
As long as you made clear at time of booking, totally reasonable.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
OP hasn't confirmed this was a paid booking. If this was an award booking it was for two people and 'run of house' room type.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by miloworld
I once saw a group of 15 entering a room down the corridor. I was a bit upset, because I thought I got the best suite (pls don't hate me).

I went inside my room, happy to see a pretty big suite and turned around for the floor plan. The room they entered was a 42sqm non-connecting standard room. My friend and I just stood at the door frowning for a minute.

Guess reasonable is a very subjective idea and yes, this was in China lol.
Could have been guests that aren't overnighting. However if its midnight then I would definitive call down to front desk ... either its a party (not ok late in the night) or heck I can't imagine how you fit 15 people even on the floor
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jsm
Thoughts -

Did they run out of roll-a-way beds as well?

"Sleep on the floor..." that's a first.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsm

It was 4 people, which is reasonable for a room and what was reserved.

The whole process took about 90 minutes to resolve - too long in my opinion. Should have never happened.

It's hard to kick out people already ensconced in rooms if they unexpectedly extend their stays.

A little frustrating, yes, but not really a huge deal. I'd say the property recovered OK in the end.
Marriott has no problem kicking people out... Even Plats (has happened to me on too many occasions). Just sayin'.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Agree that OP needs to specify award v revenue stay. Where this gets tricky is that the bed guarantee (at least my understanding) is King v 2 Queen/Doubles.

The category of room shouldn't change for an Award Type. I've complained about being moved to an accessible room on a revenue stay (hate the water build-up in the bathrooms because of the roll-in shower) and received points. OP should file a Corporate Customer Service complaint, assuming his party tried to check in after the specified check-in time.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jsm
They just had someone cancel in a regular double room - so they are moving.
Originally Posted by exmike
how "convenient" that it happened at the moment of protest
IMO it doesn't matter. Regardless of how or why, the problem was solved. When stuff like that happens to me (it has; see my checkin experience at LM BKK here), I don't care if it was a convenient coincidence or if management realized that it had made an error and got it corrected. What I care about is that my problem be addressed and solved. It's up to the hotel to figure out how to make that happen and I care not a whit about the details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.