Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Skyline, LHR London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom 2008 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 10:18 am

After doing some transport options we decided to go with Skyline for a weekend's night stay in London, primarily due to the fact that you can connect to Central London by taking a bus and then train from Hayes station using a travelcard, thus avoiding long tube ride, and also having an option to return to the hotel late (last train out of Paddington 1am). Sheraton Heathrow may be very inconvenient to reach after the last bus at 11.30pm or so out of T5.

What are the lounge hours at the property?
Old May 25, 2009, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Last 3 times I have stayed at Skyline I was given a 3rd floor room at no extra cost- all extremely comfortable and very nice. I have no status with Starwood, so I did not have acesss to the club lounge while being on the 3rd floor. And as indicated, each time I passed the lounge it was VERY EMPTY.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:16 pm
Suspended

deleated

Last edited by 3rivers; May 25, 2009 at 12:17 pm Reason: repeat posting
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:15 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Could this hotel feature the worst club lounge amongst all Sheratons?

Awful food....I couldn't believe it was being wolfed down by so many people! And the wine........I have more drinkable vinegar at home. I seem to be complaining an awful lot today!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Shantanu

Awful food....I couldn't believe it was being wolfed down by so many people! And the wine........I have more drinkable vinegar at home. I seem to be complaining an awful lot today!
I think you may well just be having a bad day. It's by no means a bad club lounge. Decent lounge, ok food and drinks. If you think it is the worst, then either the lounge was having an awful day, or you haven't visited other lounges recently.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: * A
Originally Posted by RAPC
I think you may well just be having a bad day. It's by no means a bad club lounge. Decent lounge, ok food and drinks. If you think it is the worst, then either the lounge was having an awful day, or you haven't visited other lounges recently.
+1, I agree with RAPC that you may just had a bad day at the lounge. I've had really good service and decent food at this lounge. The lounge attendant and the management look out for the PLT guests at this property. Hope your future experience will be better.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:45 am

Programs: It's Complicated...

Definitely not the worst. Have you been to the Sheraton Heathrow lounge? I thought the wine was "ok" (I drank almost a bottle of it) and the food was not to my liking but still not the worst by a mile. I actually find it to be a nice lounge and the internet and computers are a big plus......also compare to the Sheraton Heathrow.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:53 am

I agree with RAPC also. There is hot food (scrambled eggs/bacon) along with various fruits and pastries in the morning. In the evening, there is again a selection of items. The staff has always been very friendly and I have never had any problems.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:12 pm

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Definitely not the worst. Have you been to the Sheraton Heathrow lounge? I thought the wine was "ok" (I drank almost a bottle of it) and the food was not to my liking but still not the worst by a mile. I actually find it to be a nice lounge and the internet and computers are a big plus......also compare to the Sheraton Heathrow.
I've not been to the lounge at the Sheraton Heathrow....but if the standard of the rooms is anything to go by, then I can imagine how bad it is.

I think you would need to drink a bottle of the wine at the Skyline lounge for it to be ok!....but to each his own!

I agree, the internet and the computers are a good bonus, but I found the quality of the food in the evening to be absolutely dire. I also found the succession of non-English speaking staff a little trying.....at best. But IMHO, I was left pretty unimpressed by this place....and that was purely down to the evening food.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:29 pm

I would not expect any expensive wine as a freebie, especially when it is offered free during the whole day not only during the "happy hour" when the beer is free too. The staff all spoke English during the several stays we visited the lounge. It's good to have a lounge, connect with free wifi, to be able to get some water, fruit, some papers/magazines. We never made there in the evening cause we'd be in London, and the lounge would be closed when we were back. We never plan our day around lounge openings and their "happy hours". However, we found breakfast to be fine.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
We never plan our day around lounge openings and their "happy hours".
Does anyone?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:43 pm

If you think it is the worst, then either the lounge was having an awful day, or you haven't visited other lounges recently.
Just because we don't share the same opinion regarding a property doesn't mean one can generalize about the other's habits. I frequent club lounges all over Asia and Europe very regularly....on a weekly basis. Perhaps we should only generalize about the other's expectations and standards? I don't know....as I don't wish to make any generalization whatsoever about anyone or anything.

All I do know though is that I have visited this one lounge on several occasions now as I seem to get stuck at Heathrow for 6-10 hours at a time between flights, thus making it uneconomical for me to get home and back.....and no experience of food there has been good thus far!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Just because we don't share the same opinion regarding a property doesn't mean one can generalize about the other's habits.
Absolutely agree with you. However if this REALLY is the worst club lounge you have visited, then you have actually been fortunate in your hotel stays over the years, especially at Starwood properties.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Absolutely agree with you. However if this REALLY is the worst club lounge you have visited, then you have actually been fortunate in your hotel stays over the years, especially at Starwood properties.
It's a pretty bad lounge, though. The worst? Wouldn't know...but not good. Even the over-maligned Sheraton Heathrow is better (sometimes).
Old Jun 18, 2009, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

If you think this is the worst lounge you must not get out very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.