Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Rome: St. Regis C&P or Westin Excelsior Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: Platinum SPG, Marriott Platinum, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum,
As a frequent guest, I would recommend the St. Regis. If platinum, the breakfast amenity is amazing.

It is an easy walk to Termini as well as several favorite restaurants and iconic sights nearby. The hotel restaurant is also a secret gem.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic

Stayed at the STR over NYE, haven't stayed at Westin. We came from the STR Florence which was spectacular, one of the finest hotels I've ever stayed at in every sense (room, location, service, amenities, concierge). That being said, the STR paled in comparison. While a very nice hotel, it was a disappointment compared with where we had just stayed. Room was very small, although comfortable. Property is really nice, as others have said, and the lobby, staircases etc... are quite ornate. Location was fine, need to cab it to Vatican, Colesseum etc...
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:25 am

We just returned from both the STR Florence and Westin Excelsior Rome. Not having been to the St. Regis Rome, I can still recommend away from the Westin. Rooms are very tired (but large), staff is accommodating but certainly don't go out of their way to be helpful. Concierge experience was mediocre, and the few requests I had for changes (for instance, receiving NYT International instead of La Repubblica) were never accommodated.

STR Florence, on the other hand, is a wonderful hotel with fantastic staff.

It had been over 10 years since I was last in Rome, and the crowds along with "vendors" selling their wares (selfie sticks, etc) really turned me off. We wanted to show the kids the big sights, but if I were to go again, I'd stay away from all of those and just hang out on the edges of the centro.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by trickless
We just returned from both the STR Florence and Westin Excelsior Rome. Not having been to the St. Regis Rome, I can still recommend away from the Westin. Rooms are very tired (but large), staff is accommodating but certainly don't go out of their way to be helpful. Concierge experience was mediocre, and the few requests I had for changes (for instance, receiving NYT International instead of La Repubblica) were never accommodated.

STR Florence, on the other hand, is a wonderful hotel with fantastic staff.

It had been over 10 years since I was last in Rome, and the crowds along with "vendors" selling their wares (selfie sticks, etc) really turned me off. We wanted to show the kids the big sights, but if I were to go again, I'd stay away from all of those and just hang out on the edges of the centro.
Not my experience. Hopefully yours was an exception. I really like the Excelsior.

Cheers,

Last edited by Flews; Apr 12, 2015 at 5:35 pm Reason: Hit post too fast!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Strange, I don't have ever problems with the Westin Excelsior Roma, not with the rooms, not with the staff and not with the concierges. Points were within minutes on my account. Always got nice upgrades, got always the two ordered newspapers. And I also really like the Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.