Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Las Vegas East Flamingo [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
I had a quick stay when I had a morning flight ... rooms are standard four points rooms ... they upgrade platinums to deluxe rooms, basically high floor (they don't have much to work with) ... my bathroom smelled of sewage, which based on tripadvisor reviews, this is a common problem.

Pool is nothing special at all - some deck chairs and a pool.

Great value at a cat 2, but nothing at all special.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Good to know - thank you!

My plans have changed so I won't be staying there after all. However, I can see myself crashing there on a Friday or Saturday night late arrival for 3,000 points, rather than paying through the nose for a nicer property on the strip...
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I've stayed 4 or 5 times. No problems at all and the staff is service-oriented.

By no means a luxury resort, but a really terrific weekend stay on points. While strip rates go way up on the weekend, Cat 2 point redemption for this property goes way down.

I usually dine at Roy's, which is right across the side street.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just booked this as strip hotel rates were through the roof on this Friday night. 3000 points is a bargain!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:26 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I found the breakfast to be real meh
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Stayed on a Friday night, leaving at 5AM for the airport.
Hotel was ok, room was simple but ok. But the type of guests staying here I have never before seen in a Starwood hotel. We had to share the elevator with some very seedy types, multiple times.

At one point two police cars drove up to the hotel and the officers ran into the lobby.

I have never not felt safe in a hotel before, but suffice to say I did lock the door very well, and was on my guard at all times. I wont be returning on a weekend night.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Any recent Flyertalk visits? I read on Trip Advisor there were some renovations going on, but details weren't provided. I suspect they were repairs as opposed to renovations.

Looks like this place remains a Cat 2, while a lot of other Cat 2s that I frequent are jumping categories, so I'm looking for a new target destination to get the best value for my point redemptions...any recent visit reviews would be appreciated. I know the area well, just wondering about the property itself, pool and common area condition, platinum offerings, etc...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Does this property have the dreaded resort fee....

....and if so do they get rid of it or reduce it for PLATS?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by HomerJ
....and if so do they get rid of it or reduce it for PLATS?
No resort fee ... would be very offended if they started charging for that pool.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:22 am

As others have said, basic room, bit of an odor permeates. But pleasant staff and fantastic weekend points bargain. Parking garage uses your room key and the swipe box is hard to see if you don't know where it is, so be sure to ask (my first time they didn't tell me or offer that there even is one until I had to go back inside and ask). No swipe required to get out, just drive up to the gate.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT Hyatt Diamond AS MVP75K Delta 1MM
So I had very low expectations as most four points don't have anything memorable or remarkable. But this hotel had some of the best service oriented staff I have encountered. Check-in was super professional. The person checking me in (Daniel) recognized my Spg status and provided a genuine,welcoming, and efficient check-in. Later when one of my coworkers visiting me left their purse in the lobby they immediately called my room to make sure the item didn't go missing. Later when we needed help with shipping some boxes their help went above and beyond. Super impressive staff here. I made sure to recognize staff with some of the Spg platinum "you made my stay" certs, but I'm almost shocked by how helpful staff is.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:21 am

I'm really surprised how little Flyertalk chatter exists re. this bargain of a property (weekends, in particular). Not somewhere I'd take the Mrs. for anything more than a few hours of sleep after a late-night arrival, but the savings one can garner on a points redemption here is extraordinary.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recent stay reports. What's the Platinum breakfast treatment, for example...

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; OZ Diamond
Stayed at this property for one weeknight a couple of weeks ago. As others have said, the staff at this hotel is fantastic. The gentleman checking me in was very friendly and recognized my platinum status several times by thanking me for my loyalty and asking if I would be needing a late check-out. He even offered me and those in my party cold bottles of water as we walked to the elevators. The lobby seemed fresh and modern. You could tell it had been renovated in the last year or two. The rooms were basic Four Points rooms.

As a platinum, I was given a room on the top floor. If you looked out, you could see the strip. If you looked down, you could see a dirt lot and chain link fencing. I opted for the breakfast for my amenity. You get full access to the breakfast buffet in the restaurant/bar. The breakfast reminded me of one you might find at a Holiday Inn Express, although in a nicer setting and with a server. There was a decent variety, but the quality of the food was nothing to rave about. Options included yogurt, cereal, eggs, sausage, hash brown triangles, fruit, breakfast breads, packaged oatmeal, and a waffle maker. The server in the restaurant cleared plates or brought juice, but I think I only saw her 1 or 2 times while I dined.

As others have said, the hotel is a little far from the Strip and in an area that can give one an uneasy feeling, especially at night. I wouldn't want to take a stroll around the hotel, but if you are driving, it is no big deal. The hotel is a great bargain, especially when it comes to points. I also like the lack of parking and resort fees, which can really make the price go up at a Strip hotel or at the Westin down the road. I would definitely stay here again, especially with how friendly the front desk staff was.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:46 am

StarMan, first off, welcome to Flyertalk! I hope you find this forum as useful as I have over the years. FT is a fantastic community in so many ways.

Thanks a bunch for your review. I really appreciate it. I am in LV at least annually and know the area and distances quite well. I was just wondering more about the property itself and you did a fantastic job providing me with exactly I was wondering about. A big thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
This is my default place to stay on weekends in Vegas, either on AAA or points, since rates during the week are often insane. (I had one bad experience out of ~20 nights, but enh). The staff are great, I'm always in a nice room on the top floor, and it's super convenient to go from my room to my car and onto NV 160 to drive out to Pahrump every day.

They've been super great to me as a Platinum -- I was slow packing up once and ended up checking out around 6-7pm at no extra charge (they weren't going to clean the room until the next day anyway).

The area around the hotel is a little weird at night, but it isn't North Vegas or anything. You probably don't want to stay here without a car, anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.