Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Paro, Riverfront, Bhutan - Opening July 1, 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I saw the Le Meridien Paro - Riverfront while flying into Paro recently and it is beautiful. Its by the river and the architecture of the building is just breathtaking. Look forward to the opening of these two new hotels.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingMiles
I saw the Le Meridien Paro - Riverfront while flying into Paro recently and it is beautiful. Its by the river and the architecture of the building is just breathtaking. Look forward to the opening of these two new hotels.
Thanks for letting us know - and welcome to Flyertalk! If you're in Bhutan regularly, I'm sure a number of us would appreciate any updates that you have.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:06 am

Opening date on this property has slipped to 01 July 2015 - sadly several weeks after my planned visit, so I'll have to make other arrangements in Paro.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:24 am

The opening has further slipped to October 1, 2015.

I drove into the parking lot of the property in late May, which is just off the Paro-Thimphu highway, and maybe five minutes from the airport. (With the dozen or so aircraft movements a day at Paro, I wouldn't worry about its location). I'll try and post a few pictures, but the exterior looked very nice, a four-five story facility that is lined along the river. Location wise, you'd need your driver/vehicle to go anywhere from here - so you may be somewhat captive to the hotel's restaurants etc. In addition, while I didn't spend a lot of time in Paro town, it is much much smaller than Thimphu, and would have far fewer options.

Interestingly, the staff at LM Thimphu told me that this property is under different ownership, and thus at this time there are no plans to offer joint packages. That said, I'm sure the tour companies could string this together easily, particularly if both hotels use the same travel operator.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
As per William's announcement:

We are proud to announce that the Le Méridien Paro, Riverfront (Bhutan) is now part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts. The hotel was accepting reservations as of July 6, 2015, for future dates on or after October 1, 2015.

SPG Category 5.

Website showing as November 1st though, guess we'll have to wait closer to opening day.

Le Méridien Paro, Riverfront - Opening November 1, 2015
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
As per William's announcement:

We are proud to announce that the Le Méridien Paro, Riverfront (Bhutan) is now part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts. The hotel was accepting reservations as of July 6, 2015, for future dates on or after October 1, 2015.

SPG Category 5.

Website showing as November 1st though, guess we'll have to wait closer to opening day.

Le Méridien Paro, Riverfront - Opening November 1, 2015
wow lol, This hotel probably has set Guinness world record for the most longest period of time taken from construction to opening. This hotel was in full construction back in 2009 when I was in Bhutan. It was supposed to be another hotel back then. Le Meridien Thimphu hadn't even started construction.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:44 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Update: this hotel is now listed as having opened on October 7th as per Starwood's websites but no imagery is available whatsoever save one exterior rendering on the hotel's main website.

Any images floating around out there?

khabah
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by khabah
Update: this hotel is now listed as having opened on October 7th as per Starwood's websites but no imagery is available whatsoever save one exterior rendering on the hotel's main website.

Any images floating around out there?

khabah
couple of images on at this link
http://www.blouinartinfo.com/photo-g...-malin?image=6
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:58 am
Community Director Emerita

The instagram feed for Le Meridien has been running pictures for Bhutan. Here is one of Le Meridien Paro Riverfront.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 1:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Wow. Sign me up for some of this!

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.