Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Message hotel before arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Message hotel before arrival

In many threads I see people mention messaging the hotel ahead of time to let them know of any special requests or the reason for their stay. How do you do this? I'll be staying at the St Regis in August for my honeymoon and wanted to send them a note.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by seanmh
In many threads I see people mention messaging the hotel ahead of time to let them know of any special requests or the reason for their stay. How do you do this? I'll be staying at the St Regis in August for my honeymoon and wanted to send them a note.

Thanks!
Many properties will have a contact address on their webpage. Some will send a message near your arrival date asking if there are any special requests. Otherwise, try to google the specific property to see if they have an address listed on a local webpage (not SPG).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I've never done it, but if I go to an existing reservation and select "Update my preferences", there's a section for "Other Requests".

Actually, I just typed in "None", and it shows up on my reservation details.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Many properties will have a contact address on their webpage. Some will send a message near your arrival date asking if there are any special requests. Otherwise, try to google the specific property to see if they have an address listed on a local webpage (not SPG).
+1 You'll likely find either the email address spelled out or a place where you can right-click on "email the hotel" to get it.

You might also send them a very polite reminder a week before arriving, mentioning the anniversary again.

And of course you can call the SPG reservations desk and ask to have the anniversary noted in your reservation. But direct contact with the hotel is best.

And congratulations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.