Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG passbook & iOS8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
SPG passbook & iOS8

Has anyway been able to download their SPG card into passbook on iOS8?

I am attempting to do it via the app main screen > My SPG (click my name) > Add your card to passbook. When doing this, I get a "Temporarily Unavailable" error message.

In looking at SPG.com/passbook there is reference to iOS 6 support, that iOS 7 is coming soon, but no reference at all to iOS 8. Are they really 2 versions behind?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I uploaded my card with no problem but there was an update to the App on the 15th of Jan which seems to have messed up the search function among other things. The latest update seems to be a more likely cause.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
All fine from my end via latest version of iOS 8. Might be a temporary unavailability.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Marriott
Happened to me last night as well.

Quick fix: Go to spg.com on mobile Safari and add to passbook from reservation page.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
Originally Posted by miloworld

Quick fix: Go to spg.com on mobile Safari and add to passbook from reservation page.
Thanks Miloworld. That did the trick.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:48 pm

Thank you! That solved the same issue I was having
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Just out of curiosity - what does one do with their SPG card in passbook?

I don't see a way to organize passbook or easily delete items so I can never find these types of cards buried among all my obsolete boarding passes.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by neo_781
Quick glance of info: how many points you have, nights & stays year to date, and any suite night awards. I suppose the idea is that it replaces the actual card that most people don't carry around.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by neo_781

I don't see a way to organize passbook or easily delete items so I can never find these types of cards buried among all my obsolete boarding passes.
I delete the redundant items (completed stays, used boarding passes etc.) all the time. In fact, the SPG status card is the only permanent card in my passbook.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
There is a main passbook card that has your points, status, and the other things I mentioned.

Then you can add a stay into passbook so that you have the address, phone number, etc. handy. They usually also update the stay card with your room number once its known.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by superflush
IMO, it reassures my reservation, feels satisfying having the confirmation in your pocket. Especially when that email goes missing just when you need it.
It also shows my room number, once it's assigned and I don't have to 'call' it.

Also helps when you're planning your trip and scroll through your reservations.

That being said, it bugs me the passbook stays on lock screen when on premise. I know you can turn it off, but that's another two steps.

Last edited by miloworld; Jan 20, 2015 at 3:28 am
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.

It now developed to me as well, but miloworld's suggestion works perfectly fine!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
It now developed to me as well, but miloworld's suggestion works perfectly fine!
Glad I could help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.