Community
Wiki Posts
Search

beVancouver promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
beVancouver promotion

Has anyone booked the beVancouver promo rate? It's advertised on the Sheraton's page on spg.com, but it takes you to bevancouver.com to book. I'm just trying to confirm whether this earns stay credit before pulling the trigger (it's a prepaid nonrefundable rate).
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It looks like they ran this promo last year, but I didn't see anything about it in this forum.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Oct 30, 2014 at 8:25 pm
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:41 pm
Suspended

i looked at a couple of starwoods on the bevacouver website and starwoodhotels.com website. the rooms i checked on random dates were $50-80 cheaper on starwood's site.

so your $100 amex card is actually only worth $20-50.

according to spg's t&c, the stay will not get credit since it wasn't booked on the starwood website but of course ymmv.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenSenise
the rooms i checked on random dates were $50-80 cheaper on starwood's site. so your $100 amex card is actually only worth $20-50.
Which is still better than $0. But you also give up too easily. Tomorrow night at the Sheraton Wall Centre - $165 beVancouver rate versus $148 AAA. And the next night I may book (depending on what happens with this one) is $175 beVancouver versus $165 best prepaid rate. I'm happy any time I can get a room downtown for under $100.

Originally Posted by BenSenise
according to spg's t&c, the stay will not get credit since it wasn't booked on the starwood website
I had a long online chat last night, and was assured that since I was directed to the other site from a Starwood web site, I would get full credit and benefits (i.e., don't go directly to bevancouver.com - go through spg.com). The reservation is showing up in my account, so we'll see what happens after our stay tomorrow night. I'll post the results as soon as I know.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:49 pm
tjw

Spoke to the Sheraton Wall Centre Revenue Mgr. this morning. She also confirmed the rate would counts towards nights/stays. Booked it as a mattress run. Unfortunately my booking was a "1 of every 10 bookings is free" and I will now not be earning a stay credit. FYI there are dates avail. for $149 under the beVancouver rate
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Just checked out from the Sheraton. Got all Platinum benefits, including a suite upgrade on the 33rd floor. I see no reason to expect I won't get the points and credits.

ETA: all points and night/stay credit posted this morning.

Last edited by mahasamatman; Nov 3, 2014 at 4:02 pm
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
With fees and taxes comes down to about C$73, after deducting $100 AMEX offer. Sort of an okay deal considering the dreary weather in town.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tjw
Spoke to the Sheraton Wall Centre Revenue Mgr. this morning. She also confirmed the rate would counts towards nights/stays. Booked it as a mattress run. Unfortunately my booking was a "1 of every 10 bookings is free" and I will now not be earning a stay credit. FYI there are dates avail. for $149 under the beVancouver rate
won't you get the stay/night credit anyway? i would assume that it's bevancouver that's footing the bill. maybe the hotel won't even know it has been comped.

do you still get the $100 gift card if the stay is free?

if you do, then you can book another night and pay for it with the card you got. you'll still be ahead of the game!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.