Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Vs Accor

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM,Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Starwood Vs Accor

Commonly used hotel is leaving Starwood and going to the Accor group. How far inferior is that programme?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Not as bad as it used to be until recently, but still a major step down in terms of benefits and redemption options. On the other hand, Accor has way more properties globally, especially in the 3-4* segment. It all depends on your budget and travel patterns, really.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Originally Posted by ThorHermes
Commonly used hotel is leaving Starwood and going to the Accor group. How far inferior is that programme?
Maybe lower cost of management price
lower cost of renovate
Acc plat Upgrade 1 next category + club access + special depend on brand
Acc gold Upgrade 1 next category

Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Personally I felt Accor is more inferior except their top 2 brands. Membership recognition is patchy as well.

Recent improvement on benefits lured me to try out with them again, however I must say I'm disappointed.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Accor is better in two ways. They are much, much larger. 3 to 4 times the number of hotels over Starwood. And it's quite easy to get comped to Platinum status which gets you into the Club and a free drink (or two) at the bar, free Internet, upgrade, etc.

There's not much Accor in the US, but nearly everywhere else you'll find them. In Asia Accor is really good with the upgrades and many of the Sofitels there are excellent hotels. See our Accor forum here for more.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
Accor is better in two ways. They are much, much larger. 3 to 4 times the number of hotels over Starwood. And it's quite easy to get comped to Platinum status which gets you into the Club and a free drink (or two) at the bar, free Internet, upgrade, etc.

There's not much Accor in the US, but nearly everywhere else you'll find them. In Asia Accor is really good with the upgrades and many of the Sofitels there are excellent hotels. See our Accor forum here for more.
I agree with you if we're talking about size, not trying to argue but then there's also Marriott and IHG - which provide quality properties in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.