Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold

I am talking about this property:

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=3684

Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
No, you are the first.

Hopefully now someone who's stayed there can add some info about this property.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
No, you are the first.

Hopefully now someone who's stayed there can add some info about this property.
Very surprised. Since there are many reviews in the SPG site. But I would like to know points & miles sides to this property & place.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
cat 1!? wow.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: SPG P100, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Diamond, Kimpton IC
Staying Here in February

Been a lurker for a while, may as well post.

I've booked a single night award stay for here in early February. From the reviews it sounds like there's a free shuttle to their sister Westin property complete with full resort access.

For 3,000 points I figured it was worth a shot. I'll report back after my trip.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Passed this property a few times coming and going from the Westin. It's nice enough on the outside. Not really walking distance to any beach. Close to a "mall" and the airport. The Westin, however, was sparkling new and one of our favorite Westin beach resorts we've ever been to. Not sure I could go to Punta Cana and be happy staying somewhere "landlocked" like that.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:21 am
Suspended

Can't imagine going to Punta Cana to stay at a landlocked 4P....even at 3k points!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Can't imagine going to Punta Cana to stay at a landlocked 4P....even at 3k points!
It reminds of the poor folks who find hotels for $32 in Cancun only to arrive and find that they've booked a property in central downtown -- miles from anywhere they'd really want to be. I've known two clueless people who did exactly that and were miserable until they paid to relocate.

With that said, this looks to be a very solid 4PTS, but if one is there for a resort vacation, I can't forsee it working well for, well, anyone.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:59 pm

heading to punta cana 4pts later February with family. With full access to westin resort via 10 minute free shuttle its hard to believe the westin is worth the huge premium of additional points. using an average of 2600 pts per night at 4pts. have stayed on the beach at other resorts and while it is convenient, i'm going for the warm weather and the beach- i'll 'suffer' the indignity of a shuttle and use the points i save for hawaii. plus the grocery store across the street will allow us to stretch our food budget to include more tasty drinks and less overpriced resort food. I'll update in March the overall experience and if we regret not being at the Westin
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:21 pm

yoinks! looks like the westin and 4pts no longer have a convivial relationship for their patrons. the latest updates from people staying at the 4pts is that the westin now charges $60 for a lunch/resort access pass. so family of 4 ~$240 per day. basic room at the Westin is running $320 right now. oh well. the beach is still accessible.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: QFWP, UA 1k, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at the property last year. The shuttle takes you to a couple of beach options, of which the Westin is one. The non-Westin option (can't remember the name) had cheaper food and drinks and was less crowded. It's on the same Playa Blanca stretch of beach.

The food options in the mall (once you get past Wendy's) are more extensive and better priced than a resort.

All in all it was great value for the price (I think about $80 a night on a BRG) and well worth the inconvenience of the shuttle.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by AusTravels
I stayed at the property last year. The shuttle takes you to a couple of beach options, of which the Westin is one. The non-Westin option (can't remember the name) had cheaper food and drinks and was less crowded. It's on the same Playa Blanca stretch of beach.

The food options in the mall (once you get past Wendy's) are more extensive and better priced than a resort.

All in all it was great value for the price (I think about $80 a night on a BRG) and well worth the inconvenience of the shuttle.
Was the shuttle pretty reliable? I'm debating either this for 2,750 points/night for 8 nights or an al inclusive for like $150/night for two people. Neither of us drink much if at all... would like to know what you would think for an 8 night stay.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:39 am

Since it's been a while thought I would post an update.

I stayed here last Friday night before booking into my All Inclusive. Since I wasn't landing until close to 10 the fact that it wasn't on the beach or have many services wasn't an issue.

Shuttle was quick. I called and they were there in about 5 minutes.

Room was clean and in good shape as far as I could tell (I wasn't there very long )

Had a glass of decent wine at the bar for a reasonable price and breakfast was $10,. Not bad

Walked through the mall across the street and there were some interesting looking restaurants and grocery store if you needed to stock up

My only negative was calling a taxi to take me to take me to the next hotel. Took about 40 minutes and I think it was the front desk clerk's brother. It wasn't a taxi but he took me for the going rate so I went. Next time I would just take the shuttle back to the airport and grab a cab there!

I wouldn't spend an entire week here but for the late arrival it worked great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.