Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood / SPG participating hotels that do NOT belong to any of the 9 brands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 9:49 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!

So how many Starwood hotels are there that do not belong to any of the 9 brands in the portfolio?

I came across the Tremont hotel in Chicago as one. Surely there must be others?
Old May 2, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
------------

Last edited by LovetoTravel83; May 2, 2014 at 10:51 am Reason: Misunderstood the thread
Old May 2, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
AJLondon, How is the Tremont? I keep debating staying there.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by haibane
AJLondon, How is the Tremont? I keep debating staying there.
I've stayed there 3 times and logged in to respond.

It is the cheapest hotel year after year for the convention I have to attend, short walk from the action, but the hotel is very dated, so are the rooms, the elevator wasn't working for 2/3 stays, staff is ok, Internet is slow, but you get what you pay for
Old May 3, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by AJLondon
So how many Starwood hotels are there that do not belong to any of the 9 brands in the portfolio?

The Park Lane Hotel in London and The Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort in Italy don't belong to any of the 9 brands either.

Except for The Cervo Hotel, it seems these properties don't quite have the ratings that would be appropriate to make them "a Luxury Collection Hotel", so they are lost in no mans land.

Last edited by whimike; May 3, 2014 at 12:32 am
Old May 3, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by whimike
The Park Lane Hotel in London and The Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort in Italy don't belong to any of the 9 brands either.

Except for The Cervo Hotel, it seems these properties don't quite have the ratings that would be appropriate to make them "a Luxury Collection Hotel", so they are lost in no mans land.
Both are Sheratons and not...
Old May 3, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Smile

The Park Lane = Sheraton ?
http://www.sheratonparklane.com/

Costa Smeralda = Luxury Collection ?
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury...?propertyID=59
Old May 3, 2014, 2:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Starwood's master hotel directory classifies both of these properties under the Sheraton brand.

The Tremont is missing from the master list.
Old May 3, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Looks like the Tremont isn't even on the global SPG.com list anymore. It's starting to sound a bit like "The Manhattan", isn't it?
Old May 3, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
The Wildwood in Snowmass Village, CO is a property that doesn't seem to fit into any "brand".
Old May 3, 2014, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Are you asking which properties are owned by Starwood/SPG and do not participate or have limited participation in the SPG program?

I ask because some of the responses seem to be about hotels which people feel don't fit into the right brand.

I get the feeling you want to discuss properties that have no or limited participation.

AJLondon, can you confirm what your intent for this thread is?
Old May 3, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This thread is not about whether a property is "fit" for a brand or not, it's whether a property belongs to one of the nine SPG portfolio brands altogether.

Out of curiousity - both the Tremont and the Wildwood Snowmass property listed above are under "gx" or "Global Conextions" on the starwoodhotels site. I guess that solves what we've been wondering on SPG Hot Escapes. Now, what on earth is this thing?
Old May 3, 2014, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't remember any examples, but I think there have been examples of new acquisitions being brand less until renovations are done or during transitions from one brand to another.
Old May 3, 2014, 9:47 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver

Just for fun, how many hotels are there that have nothing to do with Starwood but have merrily borrowed one of their brands?

The unofficial Sheraton Bogotá

Old May 3, 2014, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wow, I'm surprised that Sheraton can't prevent use of their name like this. It looks one level above a dump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.