Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Is this a prepaid non-flexible or flexible rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G

Hi,

I'm looking at a rate at W Times Square, which has conflicting descriptions:

1. The description of the rate is:

SPG Member Only - Limited Time Offer, Save 5% more. Prepaid, non-refundable. Limited time only! SPG Members save an additional 5% off our lowest rates. SPG Member validation is required at time of booking. This reservation is prepaid; penalty for changes and/or cancellations.Identification Required

2. But in the rate details, the cancellation policy is:

If you cancel between 04/18/2014 and 4:00 PM hotel time on 06/23/2014, there will be no forfeiture amount. If you cancel after 4:00 PM hotel time on 06/23/2014, the forfeiture amount will be a 1 night stay. There may be additional applicable charges and taxes.

If this was a flexible rate, I would definitely book it but am worried that I may run into problems. And I also don't want to prepay the room now...

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:37 am

It's not supposed to be flexible or refundable. I wouldn't chance it.

Cheers,
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
General practice is if there is a conflict in terms, the one that did not write the terms benefits. Now that's not to say you won't have a fight.

However, reading what you've posted, I'd say you'd be able to cancel by 6/23. That is the most restrictive terms stated. Now had the first clause specified a conflicting date (either specifically or relative, i.e. upon booking), then it would be dicier, but again, you did not write the terms so you have a strong argument.

Be sure to keep copies of your confirmation just in case you do need to cancel and the property tries to play dirty. Hopefully SPG will help you clear this up.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by zagy
W Times Square, SPG Member Only - Limited Time Offer, Save 5% more.
Where are you seeing this rate ? The description is of the Hot Escapes rate, but according to the listings on spghotescapes, this property is not offering this rate at this time.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Where are you seeing this rate ? The description is of the Hot Escapes rate, but according to the listings on spghotescapes, this property is not offering this rate at this time.
whotels.com from 6/24 to 7/2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.