Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2014 Q2/3 Global Promo : SPG Earn Away, May 1 - Jul 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Registered members can earn double Starpoints on all eligible stays at more than 1,000 participating Starwood hotels and resorts May 1 through July 31, 2014. If your stay includes a Sunday (Saturday at hotels in the Middle East) youll earn triple Starpoints instead.

Registration link : https://www.spgpromos.com/EarnAway/?...AWAY_PROMOTION
Registration deadline is June 30, 2014

T&C link : https://www.spgpromos.com/EarnAway/?...AWAY_PROMOTION

Non-participating properties : https://www.spgpromos.com/EarnAway/?...way_Tracker_EN

FAQ's : https://www.spgpromos.com/EarnAway/?...way_Tracker_EN

Tracker (available from 1 May) : spg.com/earnawaytracker

As per post #123:
Please accept our apologies for the bonusing delay. We are aware of a glitch with Triple Starpoints bonusing for some members, and SPG is working to correct quickly. Rest assured, everyone will get their bonusing for eligible stays for the promotion. POINTS ARE IN as of 29th May
Print Wikipost

2014 Q2/3 Global Promo : SPG Earn Away, May 1 - Jul 31

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Sure it does ... like the old days when SPG doled out free weekend nights. Or the 10K threshold bonii, etc, etc.
If you're staying at not-cheap properties, the 10K threshold bonuses are either not as lucrative or about the same as triple points. Re: free weekend nights, those often came with expiration dates that didn't work well with me. Triple points is a pretty solid pure earning opportunity.

Although to your point, the "free resort nights" promo they did a few years back was awesome - four nights at the St. Regis Punta Mita for me, and I didn't have to use a single point for it!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E25, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Delta Skymiles Silver, HHonors Gold, Nexus
Phew. After checking the list of properties not participating, I feel like I dodged a bullet! Have an eight day stay in Vancouver, and had originally booked the Westin Bayshore, but ended up siding with the Westin Grand. Glad I did!

Also, just to make sure my math is right on this... For Gold members with a stay covering a Sunday night, we will earn 7 points per dollar spent?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by sbtinme
Sure it does ... like the old days when SPG doled out free weekend nights. Or the 10K threshold bonii, etc, etc.
My Latin Master would have punished me severely for that
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:02 pm

New York is a joke... What's the point about all those promos
with most hotels not participating?

I got excited for a moment about my long upcoming stay at St Regis NY
till I checked the non-participating list
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Improve promo (No gap period between promo)
Few non participate properties
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Billiken

Would the list of participating hotels take up less space?
No. The participating list is five times longer.

Cheers,
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
hi starwood lurker... i have an upcoming 3 night weekend stay during the promo period at W FLL. fri and sat are one room type, while sun is a different room type which required a separate reservation. how do i ensure that i get triple points for the full 3 night stay? thanks in advance.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
My Latin Master would have punished me severely for that
LOL^
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:08 pm

Very pleased that there's no gap... I have 13 nights booked for May and was worried about a June start to the next promo - kudos to SPG for this.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is great that SPG has a summer promo. ^The list of non-participating properties is disappointing, however.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: US Airways - Chairman, Delta - Platinum, Marriott - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Platinum
well done spg, you just got all my stays the next few months!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
It is great that SPG has a summer promo. ^The list of non-participating properties is disappointing, however.
Am I the only one noticing this?

SPG always had a promo that ran from the beginning of May to the end of July.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
I have a stay that starts in the eligibility dates of the first promo and ends in the eligibility dates of this promo. How will this count as far as credit for each respective promo?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I know KENNECTED and others will be happy with the list of participating properties in Atlanta ... really happy with it and I will definitely be shifting some of my late year single night stays to May (unfortunately I have two over the next 6 days).
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
My BCN "go to" hotels have dissed me this summer for the promo :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.