Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple nights credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Multiple nights credit

Hi all, I have a three nights stay coming up that I booked with cash on 1st and 3rd night. The rate for the second night was 3 times the other nights, so I used points. Will I get 3 stay credits since it shows as 3 different reservations due to the rate difference?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:49 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Unlikely, as they should merge them together into one reservation, but your mileage may vary.

If they ask you to change rooms each night (and check out from 11AM to 3PM), then you've got a chance!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't have first-hand experience with this, but do have a friend who used this exact approach to score 3 stay credits. This was within the past year, but I don't know if it still works.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
I don't have first-hand experience with this, but do have a friend who used this exact approach to score 3 stay credits. This was within the past year, but I don't know if it still works.
Most likely this was a processing error. Note, if you friends account is audited, he/she could lose nights/stay credit and/or status. I would not suggest anyone do this as a strategy for obtaining status.

The OP should speak with the FD staff when checking in so they can combine the reservations, if they already havent.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
Please post the friend's details so that his account can be audited and any status improperly granted can be reversed.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
IME when I change rates and rezzies in the middle of a stay, I usually (but not always) get the additional stay credit. I don't complain when I don't because I do not believe that I'm entitled to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.