Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Perth, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:33 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond

Some great news for those visiting Perth.

Westin Perth on Starwood Website

Link to Travel Mole Reporting the News
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Actually there's both a Westin and an Aloft opening at the same time in Perth. https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=4124
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by JohnSIN
31-Jan-2018 now
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Aloft link above says August 2017.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Any idea what catagory will Westin and Aloft be? Since 4points Perth is a Cat 4, Westin should be a cat 5 or 6?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:37 am
kkl

Should be 5. Perth hotel prices have been going down. Slow down in economy. Be lucky for it to be finish by 1/1/18
Old May 6, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: QF LTSG; Accor, Starwood, IHG
Just an update, the hotel opened at the end of April 2018 and I stayed for three nights this weekend. The hotel is very nice and the rooms are large with enough room for a 3-seat sofa and a 2-seat table/desk. The bathroom has a separate toilet and sliding doors on two sides that open the bathroom up to the main room. The entry and sitting area have timber laminate floors and there is carpet around the bed. The décor is stylish and modern with lots of timber look tiles and veneer shelves/cupboard doors.

The hotel complex contains a couple of restaurants and cafes around a central square off the hotel. There's a burger bar that was offering $1 hamburgers on Saturday and line was huge. The burger bar accidentally set off the fire alarms twice in the first few days and the entire complex is on the one fire alarm, so hotel guests had to evacuate. There are two historic buildings in the hotel complex and the hotel's signature restaurant is located in one of these buildings.

The staff at the hotel are excellent, they are friendly and helpful. I had access to the club lounge and the staff there would have chats with you whilst going about their work. The staff will be the hotel's best asset if they can keep up the high standards.

The hotel's main entrance and lobby is off a driveway that links Hay Street to Murray Street and can be easily missed when coming along Hay Street. The Uber drivers dropping me off and picking me up went to Irwin Street, which is on the other side of the plaza with the restaurants and burger bar. Hopefully as Perth locals become familiar with the hotel this confusion will diminish.

All up, a nice place to stay in Perth.
rick253 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Is this the best Marriott / SPG property in Perth ? I'm only SPG Gold , how are the perks like here ?

Usually stay with Hilton but the Perth property looks pretty old
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Surely a few more people have stayed here

What is the club lounge like
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:15 am

Great lounge, 2h from 5-7pm, help yourself beer and wine, a good range of canapés, enough variety to make a meal out of it. Comfortable and spacious as well. Exceeded expectations.
Old May 19, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, United 1K
Not seeing many reports on this property so here's another data point. I am Titanium Lifetime - 4 night stay Thursday to Monday in May, 2019. Booked a King Deluxe (self + spouse) on a corporate rate approx 200 AUD. 2 days out I could see on the Bonvoy App we were upgraded to a Club room. Day of check-in I could see upgrade to Club Suite mid-day (did the checkin on the App at this point). Club suite is huge - regular room + living/dining area and 2nd toilet which doubled the size of our space vs. regular room. High floor. We have mini bar + separate empty fridge for our own items. Upon check-in offered welcome gift of 1,000 points, daily breakfast at Garum, or sometime else that seemed insignificant (forget what it was, we checked in very late after long flight). We chose Garum since breakfast hours were longer on days when we needed more flexibility. C-lounge hours 5-7 evenings and breakfast 6:30-9:30 weekdays and 7-11 weekends. C-lounge evening spread easily enough to call dinner. 3 red, 3 white + sparking wine + specialty cocktails on weekend nights (sangria and Pimms beverage on Friday night). Veggies + dips, antipasto, cheeses, breads, couple of hot options (nachos one night, tempura shrimp another night). Hotel is on Hibernian place which has a Huxtaburger + 3-4 other restaurants (Middle Eastern, Australian, Indian). Burger place offers take-out (approx 10 minutes to prepare order) so we enjoyed burgers and sides in our suite dining room. Gym on 5th floor is large w/ new equipment. Plenty of treadmills and elliptical + free weights and machines. As another point of comparison, I am also Diamond with Hilton and stayed at Parmelia Perth Hilton twice in last 4-5 years. Old rooms, no lounge (1 beverage and appetizer platter offered each night at hotel bar instead). Glad we tried new Westin and will not go back to Hilton even if a slightly longer walk to CBD. For the runners/walkers - about 10 minute walk down hill via Victoria St. past the Duxton Hotel to the Swan river for the run/walk/cycle trails.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:27 am
kkl

Had 2 night stay over weekend. Was a special occasion so didn’t want to gamble suite upgrade at check in

Used SNA upgrade to executive suite. 150sqm cleared 5 days out. Was huge with it’s own kitchenette etc. entertained a few guests with no problems at all
Old May 25, 2019, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just completed a 3 night stay here. Stunning hotel with fantastic staff. I was upgraded to the massive 1636 sq ft executive suite with1.5 baths. The master bathroom had a large area with bath, shower and 2 sinks and there was a separate area off the corridor with the toilet and another sink. This was on top of the powder room near the foyer.

Welcome gift consisted of a (very) small assortment of power foods (blueberries, almonds and dark chocolate).

I gave up my 1000 pt welcome amenity for the buffet breakfast for 2 (valued at $39 pp). The restaurant was in a historical building which was located right behind the front desk. Breakfast had a huge assortment of usual breakfast fare plus a multitude of salads and was very good. Only criticism is some of the hot food was only lukewarm. That might have been due to the restaurant being overly cold combined with cold plates.

I checked out the lounge breakfast and it also looked very good but naturally much smaller spread than in the restaurant. Since the welcome amenity is only 1000 pts, it’s a no brainer to go with the restaurant breakfast.

Evening service in the lounge was excellent. There were 2 hot dishes. One of the servers offered to get me some vegetarian hot food from the restaurant (grilled haloumi one night and falafel and cheese balls another night). Nice selection of wines and spirits as well. The lounge is on the 3rd floor and is large and nicely appointed with sofas, a fireplace and many tables/chairs. Definitely one of the nicer lounges I’ve been to.

Very nice outdoor pool on the 5th floor and a well appointed work out room.

At check out, I tried to use my gift cards to pay (to avoid credit card fees). Hotel didn’t know how to process them (apparently they will be trained in a couple of weeks). Mgr agreed to waive the credit card fee. ^

Overall, I’d give this hotel a 10 out of 10 and wouldn’t hesitate to return.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Just completed a 3 night stay here. Stunning hotel with fantastic staff. I was upgraded to the massive 1636 sq ft executive suite with1.5 baths. The master bathroom had a large area with bath, shower and 2 sinks and there was a separate area off the corridor with the toilet and another sink. This was on top of the powder room near the foyer.

Welcome gift consisted of a (very) small assortment of power foods (blueberries, almonds and dark chocolate).

I gave up my 1000 pt welcome amenity for the buffet breakfast for 2 (valued at $39 pp). The restaurant was in a historical building which was located right behind the front desk. Breakfast had a huge assortment of usual breakfast fare plus a multitude of salads and was very good. Only criticism is some of the hot food was only lukewarm. That might have been due to the restaurant being overly cold combined with cold plates.

I checked out the lounge breakfast and it also looked very good but naturally much smaller spread than in the restaurant. Since the welcome amenity is only 1000 pts, it’s a no brainer to go with the restaurant breakfast.

Evening service in the lounge was excellent. There were 2 hot dishes. One of the servers offered to get me some vegetarian hot food from the restaurant (grilled haloumi one night and falafel and cheese balls another night). Nice selection of wines and spirits as well. The lounge is on the 3rd floor and is large and nicely appointed with sofas, a fireplace and many tables/chairs. Definitely one of the nicer lounges I’ve been to.

Very nice outdoor pool on the 5th floor and a well appointed work out room.

At check out, I tried to use my gift cards to pay (to avoid credit card fees). Hotel didn’t know how to process them (apparently they will be trained in a couple of weeks). Mgr agreed to waive the credit card fee. ^

Overall, I’d give this hotel a 10 out of 10 and wouldn’t hesitate to return.
I stayed here May 16-19 and had the exact experience you did. The room was massive and I enjoyed spending my stay there. Lounge was great and I had breakfast there each morning. Room service was also very quick with great food. If I ever go back to Perth I will definitely be staying at this property.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Just checking out after a one-night stay. Upgraded on the app beforehand to a Club Room which is what I got when I checked in. No suite for me so it doesn't happen every time. I didn't question this because we're only here one night and I didn't care either way. Room on the 25th floor has a great view to the river and a set of electronic curtains and blinds that open and close automatically upon entering depending on the time of day.

Welcome gift was choice of 1000 points, breakfast upgrade, or bottle of wine. I chose the points because I rarely eat breakfast so the lounge was perfectly fine. Both the breakfast and happy hour foods were good qualify. Lounge is large and it got busy in the evening. Lots of people clearly making it their meal. Wines were from local WA wineries.

Very nice hotel, clearly new, with good staff. Location was great with many restaurants down by the river and the CBD a short walk away. Was able to do normal things like get my haircut properly and go see Star Wars before heading back to the airport and home to China tonight.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.