Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Take a Spin Sweepstakes Aug 26-Oct 10 offers 46 Daily Prizes (US residents only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Take a Spin Sweepstakes Aug 26-Oct 10 offers 46 Daily Prizes (US residents only)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by aresay
From reading the rules a while back, I seem to remember seeing something saying that you can only win one instant prize during the entire period.
I figured. I was happy with my 500 instant win prize til I read that. Ah well. I'd rather trade it in and take what's behind door #2!
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:29 pm

Awwww, so I guess that's it for me. I won 500 starpoints a couple of days ago and I was happy about that. I guess I still am -- better than not winning anything. And who knows, I still have a shot at the grand prize.^

Originally Posted by clublounger
T and C's include...
4. Instant Win Prizes/Odds: Subject to a sufficient number of participants, (46) Instant Win Prizes (for a total of 1,978 Instant Win Prizes) are randomly seeded daily by time throughout the Game Period and are subject to verification and these Official Rules: (46)/One (1) Free Night Award Awarded Per Day. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") = $150 each. (230)/Five (5) Awarded Per Day: 5,000 Starpoints. ARV=$125/ea. (460)/Ten (10) Awarded Per Day: 1,000 Starpoints. ARV=$25/ea. (1,150)/Twenty-Five (25) Awarded Per Day: 500 Starpoints. ARV=$12.50/ea. (92)/Two (2) Awarded Per Day: kate spade new york SPG tote. ARV=$198/ea. Certain restrictions may apply. Please visit spg.com for details and redemption information. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Game Plays received during the Instant Win Game Period and the timing of such Game Plays. Only the published number of prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event for any reason, including technical, computer, seeding, human or other errors, the number of winning messages issued exceeds the number of prizes listed in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing among all individuals who received a prize winning message to award the listed number of prizes. Unclaimed Instant Win Prizes will not be awarded. Total ARV of all Instant Win Prizes to be awarded: $57,891. Limit one (1) Instant Win Prize per person, per household and per email address for the entire Promotion Period. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Game. Noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner being selected.

bolding mine.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
SPG is getting better about showing me city properties: Paris yesterday and today, Prince de Gaulle and W Opera.

I wonder whether everyone picking city sees the same hotel per day or maybe the same sequence of hotels as they play on various days.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:07 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Just won 1,000 points..got the confirmation email as well...Yeah!! Been playing almost everyday (that I remember to play...)
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
Just won 1,000 points..got the confirmation email as well...Yeah!! Been playing almost everyday (that I remember to play...)
I won my 1,000 at 1:05 AM EST. They must be giving the same prizes at the same time every day. hint.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Today's city for me is W Istanbul.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I got Bangkok. But these cities don't matter. I have no more chance of going to Bangkok than winning to go anywhere.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Winner, winner, 500 point chicken dinner!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:04 am

City of the day: Berlin Westin Grand.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Just won 1000 points -- thanks, SPG!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:44 am

I played 8 times before scoring my 500 points...no complaints, here!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
City of the day: Berlin Westin Grand.
St. Regis Osaka for me.....
Old Sep 10, 2013, 5:07 am

Today's city: Seville Alfonso XIII, a wonderful property.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Got lucky and hit the 5,000 points! I assume there is no further point in playing now that no further prizes can be won?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: AA ExPLT, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
Ding!

Just won:

Congrats!

Congrats, you're an instant winner. 500 Starpoints® will be credited to your account by October 31, 2013.

Plus, you've been entered to win the Take a Spin with SPG® Grand Prize of 250,000 Starpoints® — enough for a weeklong dream getaway. Come back daily to play and be entered again, again and again.

Hoping to win something with the SO's account as well *fingers crossed*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.