Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Starwoods in SE Asia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Best Starwoods in SE Asia

I'm moving to Singapore for 6 months beginning in mid-October. I've been saving up my points so that I can travel extensively throughout the region - plus, I've got 3 free weekend nights to go along with my Plat status.

Given that this is my first time to SE Asia I'm wondering which Starwood properties are the best in the region. Since it will all me new to me, I'm willing to tailor my travel destinations to make the most out of my Starwood points.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by DanJones07
I'm moving to Singapore for 6 months beginning in mid-October. I've been saving up my points so that I can travel extensively throughout the region - plus, I've got 3 free weekend nights to go along with my Plat status.

Given that this is my first time to SE Asia I'm wondering which Starwood properties are the best in the region. Since it will all me new to me, I'm willing to tailor my travel destinations to make the most out of my Starwood points.
Making the most out of your points and staying at the best *W may not be overlapping events

(By that, people may recommend a St. Regis, but that starts at 35k or so per night in points. They may be the best properties, but I wouldn't necessarily say that is a good points value though.)
Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:45 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Welcome to FlyerTalk DanJone07!

What kinds of activities do you enjoy? Diving? Beaches? Urban settings?

Will you be by yourself? If so a secluded romantic property may not be what you are looking for.

Tell us more about you and we can tell you which great properties are the right fit.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Given that this is my first time to SE Asia I'm wondering which Starwood properties are the best in the region.
My prediction is that you're going to get enough votes for enough different properties that the information won't really be useful to you. Take a look through the already existing threads for the Starwood SEAsia properties. They all have very devoted followings, and all for different reasons. I doubt that you'll learn anything new here.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:11 am

Just stay away from:

Sheraton Singapore
Sheraton Jakarta

and don't miss LM Bangkok and W Hong Kong (though not technically SEA)
Old Sep 3, 2010, 3:29 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
From my trip to Thailand;
Le Meridien Chiang Mai
Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

sdcarver
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
.................. Since it will all me new to me, I'm willing to tailor my travel destinations to make the most out of my Starwood points.
*wood Lurker, where are you? Copy & paste this for next *wood SE Asia marketing promo.

Seriously, are there any destinations interest you more than others?
SE Aisa is a big region and there are many *w properties there. If you name them, this forum FTers usually can come up with recommendations.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:31 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by allset2travel
*wood Lurker, where are you? Copy & paste this for next *wood SE Asia marketing promo...
Que?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: UA1K, SPG Platinum
I am a big fan of the LM Bangkok and Sheraton Krabi. Not sure of your status, but great Plat service at both.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
St Regis Shanghai is great property and often very inexpensive on weekends.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
There are many Starwood treasures in Southeast Asia.

LM Chiang Rai (absolutely charming, still new, and fab GM, my own personal favorite)

LM Khao Lak (best value imaginable in shoulder and off-season for oceanfront standalone accomodations w/ private pool)

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (an absolute standard-setter, great BKK hotel). Though even the Royal Orchid Sheraton has its purpose with fabulous river views.

Sheraton Saigon (Towers section has 2nd best club lounge I've seen)

Sheraton Pattaya is an oasis escape from the dregs of that otherwise seedy environ

Not quite SE Asia but worth noting the W Hong Kong, an ultra-modern treasure, and that the Westin Macau is also lovely and treats Plats well though I suppose I'd still pick the Grand Hyatt in Macau currently (but the Westin allows one to walk down the beach to Fernandos for pork!)

Certainly there are some good China properties more generally.

LM Kuala Lumpur is a very good property. Some recommend the Westin Langkawi beach resort, though I haven't been.

I could go on I suppose...
Old Sep 5, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
A couple of them have been mentioned, but thought I would give my ^ for them also

One of my favourites is the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit - especially if you are on the Grande floors - the butler service was very nice, as well as the choices of breakfast restaurants and afternoon appetizers in the lounge area near the bar.

The pool and spa services were also top notch.

Sheraton Krabi is very nice. loved just floating in the infinity pool. The beaches were not crowded. the only thing I would warn about it the mosquitoes - its natural that they are there, but I was eaten alive the first few days.

One I have not stayed, but will one day is the LM Angkor, nearest hotel to the Angkor wat and the other temples. looks great from the roadside at night.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AA, SPG
LC, Laguna Resort and Spa
A fantastic experience..superb location, wonderful memories and consistently high service delivery each and every time.
The GM (DavidC) is leaving here to take over the Sheraton Soeul D-Cube

http://www.dcubecity.co.kr/Resources...Dcubecity.html

Sampai Jumpa Lagi!!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
welcome to ft danjones07....

one of the best things about this part of the globe is that you will find some amazing properties that are cat 1 & 2....they make for great redemption offers....i have stayed at some cat 1 properties in indonesia & malaysia for 2k points a night....can't beat that value....
Old Sep 7, 2010, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Just stay away from:

Sheraton Singapore
Sheraton Jakarta
very true....specially sheraton jakarta....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.