Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Time to transfer *points to Singapore Airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to transfer *points to Singapore Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
So it looks like these are taking around 7 days... are those earlier "always on Tuesdays" responses just a fluke then?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Update: I made the request on Sunday, and the miles posted the following Tuesday morning. Very quick, and very happy I got my SQ F award confirmed!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:04 pm

I processed a points transfer on Thursday 7th November, still waiting for them to show.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:00 pm

Here is my experience transfering miles from SPG to Singapore Air.

It took mine 8 days to post:

Submitted transfer on Saturday evening, February 1, 2014, and they were deducted immediately

Showed up in my Singapore Air account on Sunday evening February 9, 2014 at 9:00pm

I checked my Singapore account every day, and today I checked it twice. In the morning they were not posted, but when I checked again at 9pm they had posted. I was able to get my one-way business class ticket from Manila to Johannesburg for June 8th, and it worked like a charm.

I must admit I was biting my nails a little bit waiting for the miles to post to my Singapore Airlines account, but it all worked out for me.

Good luck,

Dr. Lex
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Another data point. I transferred on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday all at 11:30am or so PST. Monday night, around 9:30pm PST, the Thursday, Friday and Saturday transfers posted. The Sunday transfer (which was a lower number of points, so I know these didn't post out of sequence) did not post yet There must be some sort of cutoff to make the early Tuesday morning/Monday evening (for West Coast USA) transfer posting.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Another data point. I transferred on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday all at 11:30am or so PST. Monday night, around 9:30pm PST, the Thursday, Friday and Saturday transfers posted. The Sunday transfer (which was a lower number of points, so I know these didn't post out of sequence) did not post yet There must be some sort of cutoff to make the early Tuesday morning/Monday evening (for West Coast USA) transfer posting.
Initiated an SPG miles transfer to SQ on 6/28 at 9am PST. Still haven't received the miles yet, but hoping it arrives tonight/tomorrow morning as you've experienced.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jglenn16
Initiated an SPG miles transfer to SQ on 6/28 at 9am PST. Still haven't received the miles yet, but hoping it arrives tonight/tomorrow morning as you've experienced.
Follow up: Finally received my SQ miles from SPG this morning 7/9, so took 11 days.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
It sounds like SPG 2 SQ happens every Tuesday. Is that still correct?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
IME from May 2014, yes.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
I did 5 xfers this year and 3 posted the following Tuesday, 2 posted the second Tuesday. No correlation between day of requests and when they post.

Last edited by KosherKimchee; Aug 4, 2014 at 2:05 am
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Thanks everyone!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:30 am

I made the request on SPG on Wednesday, January 15...it is now Wednesday, January 28 and I still have not had my miles post on Singapore Airlines. I'll let you know when they post. The flight I wanted is already taken, so It was a waste of a transfer. But, i guess I'll have them available on Singapore Airlines for the next time I try to travel.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by drlex
I made the request on SPG on Wednesday, January 15...it is now Wednesday, January 28 and I still have not had my miles post on Singapore Airlines. I'll let you know when they post. The flight I wanted is already taken, so It was a waste of a transfer. But, i guess I'll have them available on Singapore Airlines for the next time I try to travel.
Same here. Transferred on the same day as you, still waiting. Luckily my flight is still available. Hopefully you can contact SQ and get a waitlist to clear.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
While not specifically relevant to SPG, in my very limited experience booking KF awards, they will hold the award with half the miles in your account so if you can get half in there from UR/Amex, topping off with SPG might be doable next time....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:23 pm

I transferred miles on Wednesday, January 15, 2015 and it is Wednesday, January 28, 2015 and they are not in my Singapore account yet....so I wouldn't count on any "rule of thumb," in how many days it could take and be prepared to lose the seat you wanted. The ticket I transferred my points to get...is now gone!! Oh well, it will be in my Singapore Account for the next time I try to use them. I'll keep you posted as to when I actually receive them.

Ooops...double posted this...sorry!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.