Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Crossover Rewards with SPG and the Delta SkyMiles program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crossover Rewards with SPG and the Delta SkyMiles program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Are your SPG points posting automatically after DL flights? If so, how long after? I registered for crossover when it first started and received a confirmation email. But every single time I fly DL, no points show up in SPG even after 8 weeks. I have to email and wait another few weeks. It's a pain.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 10:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Are your SPG points posting automatically after DL flights? If so, how long after?
Mine show up automatically, albeit with a ~14-day lag.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I did a quick search but couldn't find the answer. If you already have Crossover Rewards connected, how long does it take for SPG to notify Delta that account went from Gold to Platinum? TIA
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:47 pm

Just curious, are there any SPG Plats (without DL status) that ever scored any kind of upgrade on Delta? I realise chances are slim to none
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bizum
Just curious, are there any SPG Plats (without DL status) that ever scored any kind of upgrade on Delta? I realise chances are slim to none
There was this report:

Originally Posted by Duke787
Had a unicorn spotting today.

Got the upgrade as a Crossover Rewards, non-status DL flier on SLC - RDU.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:58 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I am usually on CRJ900 and E175 flights that go out with empty seats in first a few times a year, so if there were any SPG Plats onboard they got the upgrade (or if any had joined us last minute, they could have).

And occasionally upgrades have even been achieved on longer mainline flights:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tery-on-delta/
That story was about upgrades as an Alaska elite, but the priority for that would be about the same as for SPG Plats.

But ... these are not common occurrences
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
I got an Economy Plus upgrade on 1 of 4 segments over Christmas on a ~3hr flight.

On that same trip, I had no problems with priority check-in, free bags (1 per passenger on the same ticket) and priority boarding on the way outbound, but on the way inbound the person behind the desk gave me lots of attitude that she couldn't see that I get priority anything and that I should go back in the normal check-in line with the 50 people waiting in it, etc. I just stayed and told her I was in the right line, and that I had no problems on the first part of the flight on this same ticket, etc. She "did me a one-time favour" by checking me in, the bags came up as free as expected, and I got the priority boarding as expected.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
I've been lucky ... a pretty good success rate on flights to/from YYC on regional jets.

Successes on YYC-SLC and YYC-SEA. Typically pretty good loads on those flights, but I suppose a lot of fliers without status.

(Not much to a short-haul First experience on Delta/SkyWest other than the big seat, though.)
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
a couple of years ago i got upgraded to first on a sdf-iad flight....i did have silver status with delta at that point though so not sure which one of those got me the upgrade....
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:15 am

I have been upgraded probably about 5-6 times or so.....in saying that they have mostly been on routes such as YWG > MSP or vice versa. I have been lucky a couple of times of getting an upgrade from PVR - DTW which was nice after a 2 week vacation and a couple of mainline flights. Mainlines are next to impossible with just SPG Plat status and no Delta status - or so I have found anyway. Those ones are just a matter of luck!!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Got one flying ATL to SMF about a year and a half ago. Hadn't even considered it a possibility and was caught off guard when it happened.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Generally speaking, I would not expect an upgrade to F as SPG Platinum is last on the list. If a Delta Silver checks-in 5 minutes prior to boarding, they will place ahead of you.

You may get an upgrade to Delta Comfort+ as Delta elites being upgraded to F frees up Delta Comfort+ space.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Be curious to see if I get anything out of yesterday's flight - signed up before the flight, but after purchasing the ticket (like minutes after).
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: UAL - Premier, SPG - Plat
Crossover upgrade

I probably got upgraded in 10-15% of my flight with delta due to my crossover benefit. Most of the time it is in my
SJC - SLC (or the reverse) and my SJC - LAX (or the reverse)
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
SPG Plat on Delta benefits

I'm a lifetime Marriott plat and United 1k, and I don't stay at SPG much or fly Delta much in the past 10 years. Did the cross over to get SPG plat and then I linked it to my old but active Delta account.

Got a stay at the Nuremberg La Merdian over a weekend. Free internet and a free breakfast?

If I book Delta flights, I'm fuzzy on the seat that I'm eligible for and when I can pick it? I see it says something about upgrades, but I assume I'd be pretty far down the list. Hell, asa 1k I'm under 25% on UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.