Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa - Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa - Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by jaejaez
bump!

Any recent experiences? made a booking here for this weekend and just got my SNA cleared.

Any restaurants that are worth trying out?

Thanks!
They are just about to re-open the lobby-restaurant. Looks very nice from what I saw today. At the upper deck they now have happy hour and dj every night (called the vibe). They opened so many bars in the last two years that it is now a longer walk to pick up a towel than to catch a drink. I still prefer the restaurants in the GH but rather from tradition than really from having tried. The food at the beach is so so, the pitcher of margeritha with a corona is brilliant though.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by kasi
They are just about to re-open the lobby-restaurant. Looks very nice from what I saw today. At the upper deck they now have happy hour and dj every night (called the vibe). They opened so many bars in the last two years that it is now a longer walk to pick up a towel than to catch a drink. I still prefer the restaurants in the GH but rather from tradition than really from having tried. The food at the beach is so so, the pitcher of margeritha with a corona is brilliant though.
Thanks for the advice.
Just spent the weekend here – yes the lobby restaurant is complete (called Brasserie) and the newness is evident from the flashy new interiors etc but still looked fairly deserted when I was there (nothing more painful than looking at a big juicy rack of lamb sitting out to dry and get cold cos nobody is eating it). I did try the Le-Deck though for a quick lunch. It’s got a nice vibe by the pool and the pizza/spaghetti was fairly decent.

A few other things to note for those wondering what this place is like:

1. There is a free shuttle back and forth from the Grosvenor House every 15 mins and you can sign your bill between the two hotels. My favorite restaurant in the two hotels combined is still Indego by Vineet, Indian fine dining where their wine pairing lets you taste a whole new side of Indian food.

2. The resort is old but has been upkept well. There are three buildings – two main buildings and the towers section (which is unusual for a Meridien). The towers section is the more expensive side with its private check-in area etc. There is only one club lounge though (which is also unusual the fact they have a lounge at a resort) and while it is not up to the surreal level of the Grosvenors House, the lounge is large and well staffed & stocked. It also has balcony area overlooking the pool and the sea and the buildings. The canapes are nothing out of the ordinary though.

3. Every time you walk out of the resort, a staff will always chase after you and ask whether you’re a staying guest of the resort and ask for your room number. They did this like three times and on the third time I asked what this fuss about, and they said there are security issues with non-staying people leaving the cars in the hotel and leaving (?)… I have no idea what that meant exactly but just be aware that you may be chased down when you walk out of the hotel…

4. The breakfast is good (not superb or anything) but the service is exceptionally good. I was sitting alone for breakfast and a manager approached me to ask whether I was dining alone and whether he could bring me any magazines or newspapers. Plates and glasses etc are cleared quickly and the staff make way for you when you walking about – it’s these little touches that made it a very pleasant breakfast experience.

5. I had a small can of beer from the minibar and it was 42 Dhs….

6. The pool is awesome and so is the beach. Really enjoyed my time there. There is also mini golf and a small field for futsal etc. there’s plenty to do within the grounds of the resort, let alone the bars and lounges you can hit up in the Grosvenors House. All in all, a very ‘fun’ resort.

7. Perhaps the only real negative feedback I would give this place is the check-in. I checked in at the regular counter (not the towers section) and the lady who checked me in was such a newbie that it was just painful. After 20 mins of flicking through her computer and fiddling with the credit card machine saying that it’s not working properly etc, asking me the same questions twice and ignoring my questions (not cos she’s rude but cos she was so wrapped in her own nervous world that she didn’t hear me talk to her)… in the end she said my room is ready and that it is a double bed. I politely told her that I booked a king bed which I needed to which she said maybe I should just sit down in the lobby for a bit and she’ll let me know once she finds another room with a king bed. After 20 mins, I notice that she is happily serving other guests and the memory of me apparently faded… so I walk up to ask her what’s going on with my room, to which she THEN goes to check with the manager on what to do next… you get the idea. She should not have been at the front desk of a hotel of this level if she is so unprepared. Anyway I got my room an hour after reaching the front desk.

Happy to take questions if anybody has any. I would give this place a B+.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Just came back from a weekend in Dubai. Stayed at the Grosvenor House but decided to nip by the LRM to check out their renovation progress.

Took the shuttle from GH, which runs every 15 minutes and takes about five minutes. The hotels are also a very quick [about four minutes], straight walk down a small alleyway right in front of the GH entrance but you have to cross Al Sufouh Road - something of a tricky endeavor if the road isn't empty.

The hotel's lobby is currently finalizing refurbishments as part of a phased renovation process but the new Brasserie just reopened and it. Looks. AMAZING. Tons of grey [an amazing shade, no less], lots of white and pops of brown and bronze for a very clean and minimalist look in keeping with the new brand standards set forth by LM. This spills out onto the outdoor deck, nonsensically called "Le Deck" - another very modern space with lots of white, grey and highlights of yellow and green. It's all very stunning.

The check-in area is still decorated in the very aged, classical decor but the other half of the lobby across from the desks is boarded up with noisy work being heard through the partitions. From what I was told, the entire lobby space should be up and ready to go by the end of January 2016.

I also spoke to a manager while walking through the Brasserie/Le Deck and he told me that 2016 is a long and exciting road for the hotel; they currently finished full room/venue renovations of Tower 1 [the circular building with Geales Restaurant at the bottom], Le Deck/the Brasserie/some lobby components of the Main Building and will complete the public spaces in the Main Building by late January. The rest of the year will see renovations take over the rooms in the main building over the course of the year before shifting to the final tower later in the year. Interestingly, the plan is also to have all three buildings externally repainted from beige to dark grey; samples of the new color can already be seen at the bases of Tower 1 and the main building where the Brasserie and Le Deck begin.

I was informed that the hotel will be COMPLETELY renovated and ready within two to three years; I see a mid- to late-2017 completion date realistic given the scope and scale of the project [the rooms in the main building really, REALLY have to go]. If it's all done in the same vein of what I've seen in the public spaces, this hotel will be an absolute belter when everything's ready to go.

khabah
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Lovely hotel, distinguished by top service, from the moment you arrive until you leave. They have some of the best and most smiley staff in Dubai.
Good recognition for Platinum members: we were upgraded from basic room to Club Room with sea view.
The room was spacious with lovely classic design. Bed was very good quality.
The club lounge was very good! The selection of both food and drinks was extensive. Afternoon tea cakes and savory items were great quality. In the evening we enjoyed Kir Royal and small snacks pre-dinner.
The breakfast at Brasserie 2.0 was very good. The range of food options was amazing. The number of staff on duty also meant that we never had to wait for our coffees.
The location is great, on Jumeirah Beach. I had been here many years ago and the beach was immaculate. Unfortunately, with the fast development of Dubai, there is now a lot of construction around... However, the hotel makes up for it!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PLT Lifetime; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime; HHonors Gold
Renovations

Any recent experiences at this hotel? Are the renovations complete and are the placing PLT guests in the renovated rooms or in the older rooms?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Looking for recent experiences as well, especially for Golds. I've narrowed down my AD options for a trip with my wife, and this hotel is on the short list.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by akcae
Looking for recent experiences as well, especially for Golds. I've narrowed down my AD options for a trip with my wife, and this hotel is on the short list.
We literally just got back from the Grosvenor House and highly recommend it. The service there is absolutely outstanding and consistently so. The high rated lounge is amazing, we went at least twice a day every day. As stated above, GH has full access to the LRM swimming pool and beach without all the construction issues.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by akcae
Are you looking for input on LRM Abu Dhabi, or LRM Dubai? This is the thread for the latter.
Originally Posted by badm96
Any recent experiences at this hotel? Are the renovations complete and are the placing PLT guests in the renovated rooms or in the older rooms?
Renovations are complete for the outside the Club Wing, which will be renovated in summer 2018. As Platinum I was placed in a renovated Deluxe Suite in the main building, and thought the room was fantastic. Service was also very good throughout.

On balance, I think I prefer the fresh and modern LRM over the Grosvenor House, and will start going to the LRM as long as rates are not significantly more expensive than GH.
akcae likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by stargold
Are you looking for input on LRM Abu Dhabi, or LRM Dubai? This is the thread for the latter.Renovations are complete for the outside the Club Wing, which will be renovated in summer 2018. As Platinum I was placed in a renovated Deluxe Suite in the main building, and thought the room was fantastic. Service was also very good throughout.

On balance, I think I prefer the fresh and modern LRM over the Grosvenor House, and will start going to the LRM as long as rates are not significantly more expensive than GH.
Argh, thanks for pointing out my mistake -- I kept going back to this thread instead of the AD one. Shouldn't be searching through FT before coffee.

Thanks for the info on the Dubai property, will keep that in mind for the next trip.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:57 am

Does anyone know does the club lounge in the Royal meridien have a separate room for children and if you have an infant do you have to sit in there?

We have been staying at Grosvenor House for many years and love the Level 5 lounge and atmosphere, however our next visit in November will all things going well be with a 7 months old so for ease of beach and pool access and walking we are thinking of the LRM. Is there a Dubai law or LRM rule that we must be in the kids room which doesn't really appeal.

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:45 am

Don't take 'promo' upgrade in Royal Club Tower from Ritz side, today I make picture nice construction on this side and very loud works on it.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Exec Premier, SPG Platinum, AmEx Platinum
Originally Posted by westers
Does anyone know does the club lounge in the Royal meridien have a separate room for children and if you have an infant do you have to sit in there?

We have been staying at Grosvenor House for many years and love the Level 5 lounge and atmosphere, however our next visit in November will all things going well be with a 7 months old so for ease of beach and pool access and walking we are thinking of the LRM. Is there a Dubai law or LRM rule that we must be in the kids room which doesn't really appeal.

Thanks
Last time I was there a family with 3-4 kids under about 10 were using the lounge as daycare letting them eat all the food, leaving plates everywhere loaded with food and a bite or two eaten, taking up half the available seating by spreading all over, and the kids had commandeered the area where the computers were with their food and drink and it was entirely obnoxious. It's been a few years and maybe they've changed policy (because of stuff like that). I know not everyone is like those people that ruined it for me and a lot of others that stay, but they are the reason the clubs have implemented rules like you are asking about, which is unfortunate. Best to call and ask them.

P.S. everything is quite formal there.
westers likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:32 pm

Platinum room upgrade - select suites

hi, I’m travelling to Le Royal Meridien Beach Hotel in dubai in a few weeks on an SPG points redemption booking, we are booked into a super deluxe room. I have platinum status (earnt via SPG).

i wondered how the “select suites upgrade” works please?

Is it advisable for me to check on the hotel website on arrival at the hotel to check if any suites are available in case they don’t offer us an upgrade?

what rooms come under the “select suites” category?

will I incur any additional costs if we are upgraded?

SOG platinum help previously told me that hotel taxes are included in the points redemption rate, can anyone confirm if this is correct?

thank you very much
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:10 am

Club rooms

I’m a SPG silver elite customer trying to book a club room at le Royal meridien Hotel Dubai but can’t. I have phoned spg but they say all the club rooms are booked throughout May June July 2019.
I can’t find an email address for le Royal Meridien has anyone on the forum have this available please.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you plan to pay for the room with money or with points (or a free night cert)?

BTW, I assume you mean that you're legacy MR Silver or Silver in the new combined program. AFAIK SPG never had a Silver status; Gold was the lowest elite level in Starwood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.