Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can starwood employees file complaints against customers?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can starwood employees file complaints against customers?!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Dear Lurker,

Going by your explanation, how are we able to uncover"

"If your friend is caught not giving complimentary select standard suite upgrades to Platinum members when they check in and the suite is available for occupancy, then she's going to catch a formal complaint that will come with some severe consequences to her bottom line. ", IF

"That being said, checking for suites available for sale online is a very poor indicator. Most of the time, it turns out to be a false positive." ?

It would appear that we have to call the Hotel's bluff by doing what OP did. Getting a friend to book a real Suite and checking in within 20 mins. Cos if seeing availability is not good enough, then only booking it and check-in immediately would be.

If there is a better way to prove it, I hope Lurker would share it, as I believe the source of unhappiness is indeed, people are seeing plenty of availability, and yet is hearing "sold out", and when calling the bluff, like in OP's case, it's SOLD! And check-in is successful, on a previously unavailable, sold out property for Suites!
There is only one possibility...... the Fantastic suite the friend booked had just gotten finished cleaning, therefore it was available at that time......

yeah right.......
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:06 am

Unless you want to be the lawyer of Starwood, or you are a witness to the incident, you should not speculate if there is another side of the story (unless there are inconsistencies in the OP's statements, which beltway pointed out rightly - take it apart).
If there is any other side, the Hotel, or the Lurkers could share it, if OP is unfair in his statements.

What you are doing is simply undermining OP's integrity. Why go into that sort of thing?

The rest has been said by beltway. ^
amazing,

you sound like you are 100%( not 99.99%) certain that there is no other side to the story.
I personally don’t know if there is another side to it or not. there may or may not be one

and please... i did not undermine anyone’s integrity. , I re invite you to re read post 22. I hope OP will keep us posted.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
"Forcing the upgrade by booking a suite (and promising to pay suite rate per reservation) and then calling SPG to get it as a free upgrade is just wrong in my opinion." Huh?

I remember reading that in the T&Cs, Plats are entitled to upgrades, including Suites, if available. The Hotel's Front Desk Agent said no Suites available, and the OP called the Hotel's bluff by doing so, especially since the Lurker said there is no way to prove inventory is indeed available, except by booking and checking into a Suite thereafter.

Now you are saying what OP did is wrong? Why?
Should not it be the Hotel is wrong to lie to OP instead? OP is simply frustrated and decides to be bold and he did a BET with his own pockets, to book a Suite to prove his case? And he is wrong to stand up against lying tactics?

And remember, OP also said that the Hotel later said that they were trying to sell the Suites, and hence denying OP the upgrades. And you think the Hotel is right to do so? If so, then all Hotels does not need to upgrade Plats to suites and try their best to sell it or simply leave it empty. Take that benefit off the T&Cs then.
I believe I answered all your questions in my post. We have gotten way off topic. Yes, I believe the FDC mishandled this situation as did the OP.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Unless you want to be the lawyer of Starwood, or you are a witness to the incident, you should not speculate if there is another side of the story (unless there are inconsistencies in the OP's statements, which beltway pointed out rightly - take it apart).
If there is any other side, the Hotel, or the Lurkers could share it, if OP is unfair in his statements.

What you are doing is simply undermining OP's integrity. Why go into that sort of thing?

The rest has been said by beltway. ^
I think you missed my
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by jammanxc
There is only one possibility...... the Fantastic suite the friend booked had just gotten finished cleaning, therefore it was available at that time......

yeah right.......
LOL!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by CLEguy
I think you missed my
I admit i did.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
For people who claim there is still another side of the story, pls share it.
Several posters have explained the situation now multiple times...

Nobody lied, but the OP's story with his friend booking a suite right behind him is probably the closest thing to a lie in his thread...
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
Several posters have explained the situation now multiple times...

Nobody lied, but the OP's story with his friend booking a suite right behind him is probably the closest thing to a lie in his thread...
WOW!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.