Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Properties in Halong Bay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
SPG Properties in Halong Bay

I cannot find any SPG properties in Halong Bay in spg.com, although I recall there were news that Four Points and Sheraton will have new properties there.

Has anyone got more news?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
There is the four points http://www.e-travelvietnam.com/hoteldetail/2119/Four-Points-By-Sheraton-Halong-Bay-Hotel.html sheraton in along bay

Last edited by smith80678; Aug 11, 2012 at 11:41 pm
Old Aug 12, 2012, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
nearly 5-years ago (mid-2005), Starwood announced both a Four Points and a Sheraton would open in Halong Bay in 2008 & 2010, respectively. NEITHER of these properties were ever completed and branded under Starwood management.

BTW, if you bothered to look, this question was asked (by me) and responded to by others previously
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...roperties.html

Originally Posted by Dendrite
I cannot find any SPG properties in Halong Bay in spg.com, although I recall there were news that Four Points and Sheraton will have new properties there.

Has anyone got more news?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Thanks for the replies. Will skip the Halong City then.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
don't do that just because they don't have an SPG prop........ Halong Bay is beautiful especially if you take an overnight junk boat and they do have a Novotel there........and at least on last years visit I didn't have anyone shooting at me as we did back in the '60s............

Dendrite;19105061]Thanks for the replies. Will skip the Halong City then.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Dendrite
Thanks for the replies. Will skip the Halong City then.
Halong City is something that one can skip, but certainly don't skip Halong Bay. I would stay in Hanooi, drive out to Halong and do an overnight on the bay, staying on a Junk! It is a really great trip and fun experience. Many different options on how to do this, and all levels of ships/travel agents/boat operators to use!

Certainly don't skip Halong due to the lack of a SPG property on the bay itself!

Just my 2 cents!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:58 am

Agreed with jkingsle. Stay at the Sheraton Hanoi and take a 1-2 day junk boat tour to Halong Bay. That will be the highlight of your Vietnam trip. Halong Bay simply can't be skipped.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
Halong Bay is in my top 5 places in the world. It is so beautiful that it hurts. We did a two night trip and wished we had planned a week.

Getting back to SPG properties in the area. We spent time at the Sheraton Hanoi before and after the Halong Bay trip. Descent property, nice lounge, good platinum recognition for me.

The van ride from Hanoi to Halong Bay is no fun - but worth it. Wish there was a descent air connection to Halong Bay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.