Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton French Quarter, New Orleans [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2023, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points by Sheraton French Quarter, New Orleans [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
anyone anyone?

trying to decide on this vs. the sheraton for jazzfest on points (both are 7000/night). i am platinum, so should i assume the upgrade possibility is greater at the bigger property? what about the amenities/breakfast at four points vs sheraton?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by tomcat007
Has anyone stayed here recently? How is the hotel?
I stayed here last year.. the rooms are clean and spacious. I highly recommend you try the strawberry or lemon PJ
Old Mar 10, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I'm staying here for jazzfest 2013. Using points. I've stayed at the W near Harrahs and the Sheraton on Canal in prior years. Will report my findings after my stay. Not expecting much, but we shall see.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any reviews for this property????
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
any reviews for this property????
bump....
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:35 am

Stayed there last week. Bang on Bourbon and Toulouse. Quite noisy if you dont like that kind of stuff. Didnt bother us much though. But a great location, if you dont mind the noise, and want to be at the centre of the NOLA party place and in the French Quarter. Did not need to drive anywhere for the 3 days we were there. All "touristy" places walkable. The restaurant sucks. The free breakfast option had hardly any choice, quite bad. But there are plenty of great eating places around, very close. Clean room, friendly staff, and nice hotel. Got upgraded to a Toulouse balcony room, which was nice.

Moved to Sheraton Metaire for 2 days for the plantation, swamp tours, etc.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sounds good....thanks for the info....
Old Apr 5, 2013, 4:12 pm

I booked it for one night next week. I don't appreciate the red light attractions but is in a good location I suppose for my 1 night in NO.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by awardticket
I booked it for one night next week. I don't appreciate the red light attractions but is in a good location I suppose for my 1 night in NO.
Red light? What are you talking about?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by awardticket
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Red light? What are you talking about?
There are several "adult entertainment" options within a block or two.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
OK, I'm back from my stay at the Four Points Bourbon Street. Here is my review (also posted on the SPG site):

This hotel was converted to a Starwood property in July 2012:

Since I always like to start with the positives:
1- The location is amazing. You are right on Bourbon Street.
2- They have a nice little courtyard pool.
3- They have rooms with balconies overlooking Bourbon Street (so if you want to watch all the action all night, you can).
4- While I was given free beer tickets (in recognition of my Platinum status), they only gave me 3 for a 5 night stay. Where they came up with 3, I'll never know.
5- They have a small fitness center with 2 treadmills, 2 bikes and free weights with one bench. But the room is very small and has no window.

The negatives:
1- The windows in the room are super tiny and don't open. You barely get any natural light at all. I imagine prison windows being bigger than this.
2- The room is small. Much smaller than the other Starwood properties in the area.
3- If you want to sleep they have rooms facing the courtyard that don't allow you to hear the street noise. Unfortunately the walls of this hotel are super thin. You can hear everything right down to the conversation of your neighbors. Earplugs and running the a/c are the only way to get quiet - even in the courtyard rooms.
4- The beds are hard-ish and uncomfortable and the pillows are super firm. There is an abundance of pillows - but they are all the same firmness. Some choice please!
5- Platinum recognition is non-existent. No mention of an upgrade or lack thereof was offered.
6- I was offered breakfast instead of Platinum welcome points, which turned out to be a croissant (yes, the same each and every morning), coffee and OJ (which I had the hardest time getting even though I repeatedly asked for it and watched others receive). Nothing else. Further, after eating, the restaurant claimed you needed a "Platinum coupon" for each day, but the front desk only provided me with one for my 5 night stay. I had to go back to the front desk to inform them of their own policy. And since the breakfast was so bad, I decided to take the 250 points instead... at least they didn't argue this (even though I ate the croissant the 1 day).
7- My room was not cleaned 2 of the 5 days. I pulled the do not disturb sign off the door at 10:30am on those days... but still no cleaning when I returned that evening. Would have been fine if they participated in the green choice program, but they do not.
8- I asked the front desk for restaurant recommendations but they had no clue. Kept trying to give tourist traps a block away on Bourbon Street. The concierge was off duty so I could not get any assistance. Had to reach for Yelp and wing it. Why not have the concierge print up some recommendations so they front desk can hand them out when you're off duty?
9- The elevators are very slow (only 5 floors) and takes minutes to get you to your room.

I do not recommend staying here unless being right on Bourbon street is your priority. This hotel needs room renovations desperately and customer service training as well. The Sheraton on Canal is a MUCH better option as is the W Poydras.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
OK, I'm back from my stay at the Four Points Bourbon Street. Here is my review (also posted on the SPG site):
Thanks for the review. I was considering this hotel for next year's Jazzfest (enticed by the relative proximity to Frenchmen St), but I think I'll stick with the Sheraton on Canal.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:16 pm

Just booked a stay here for early March next year. There are a couple conventions/events going on at that time and hotel rates are through the roof and many have no rooms available. Rates at this hotel were $389+ so 7,000pts/night is a bargain in that respect.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
I stayed here in April of this year. I was upgraded to a suite with a large balcony as a gold member, this was a blessing and a curse, as the noise from bourbon street went on until about 2 am. Wasn't much of an issue since I was waiting on my wife to arrive on a 1 am flight. I can't really comment on the other amenities, since we arrived late and left early the next day. All in all, not bad for the money paid - $107, but due to the noise, I wouldn't go back. I also consider bourbon st to be the belly of the beast, and wonder why anyone would want to go there.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
One other thing I forgot to mention is that even though I booked through spg.com with no special promo codes, my points did not post until I called spg, and I still have on my list to call Amex to get the bonus points for using the spg card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.