Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: Plats at 75 nights/year = 4 points per $ and Your24 check-in time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Your24 support:

[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Discussion: Plats at 75 nights/year = 4 points per $ and Your24 check-in time

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm slightly confused with all this "subject to availability" talk compared to the verbiage on the website that says "set your check-in time with the guaranteed flexibility of a full 24-hour stay".
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by murphyUA
I'm slightly confused with all this "subject to availability" talk compared to the verbiage on the website that says "set your check-in time with the guaranteed flexibility of a full 24-hour stay".
its pretty simple....the room is subject to availability, so ifs its available then you are guaranteed to have it for 24 hours....
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
its pretty simple....the room is subject to availability, so ifs its available then you are guaranteed to have it for 24 hours....
By virtue of having a reservation, the room is available.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
By virtue of having a reservation, the room is available.
yes, but it may not be available the following day, hence making it unavailable for the 24 hour check-in criteria if you wanted the room beyond the regular check-in / check-out time period....
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:18 am

yes, but it may not be available the following day, hence making it unavailable for the 24 hour check-in criteria if you wanted the room beyond the regular check-in / check-out time period....
That's exactly my point. The SPG website says a the flexibility of a 24 hour stay is guaranteed.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's exactly my point. The SPG website says a the flexibility of a 24 hour stay is guaranteed.
i see your point....but once again, it can only be guaranteed if the availability is there....
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:35 pm

i see your point....but once again, it can only be guaranteed if the availability is there....
Haha...that's not how guarantees work.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haha...that's not how guarantees work.
its like me guaranteeing you a free meal at my restaurant but if you come by when the restaurant isn't open then the guarantee means nothing....

same way, spg here guarantee you the 24 hour criteria if there is availability....
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:11 pm

its like me guaranteeing you a free meal at my restaurant but if you come by when the restaurant isn't open then the guarantee means nothing....

same way, spg here guarantee you the 24 hour criteria if there is availability....
No, it'd be like me coming to your restaurant and you telling me you are all out. Which is fine. Unless I had a reservation, which is the case with hotels.

There are places all over the SPG site with "subject to availability" language. It just isn't there with respect to the Your24 benefit. It clearly states a 24 hour stay is guaranteed. There really isn't more than one way to interpret that.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are places all over the SPG site with "subject to availability" language. It just isn't there with respect to the Your24 benefit. It clearly states a 24 hour stay is guaranteed. There really isn't more than one way to interpret that.
it also states that there is guaranteed room availability for plats if booked 72 hours in advance....but blackout dates apply & the hotels can refuse if there is a special event taking place....so once again, the room is guaranteed unless there are blackout dates & an extraordinary stay situation at the hotel....

in the same way, for your24, the guarantee will only hold true if the room is available for the full 24 hours that you want the room....

so clearly the word guarantee doesn't quite mean what its supposed to....
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:51 pm

it also states that there is guaranteed room availability for plats if booked 72 hours in advance....but blackout dates apply & the hotels can refuse if there is a special event taking place....so once again, the room is guaranteed unless there are blackout dates & an extraordinary stay situation at the hotel....

in the same way, for your24, the guarantee will only hold true if the room is available for the full 24 hours that you want the room....

so clearly the word guarantee doesn't quite mean what its supposed to....
Sorry, still apples and oranges. It would only be a fair comparison if one of the requirements for Plat Guaranteed Room availability was that a room was available.

SPG states that the flexibility of a 24 hour stay is guaranteed. If there are blackout dates and some property exclusions, that's one thing. There is no way that can make the "guaranteed" claim, and then have it based on availability. It's one or the other.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood Plt, Hilton Gold (got it free) AC Elite, Fairmont Plt, Priority Club Plt
No, it'd be like me coming to your restaurant and you telling me you are all out. Which is fine. Unless I had a reservation, which is the case with hotels.

Hi:

If you read the terms and conditions, it is guaranteed if available. SPG Members who qualify for Your24 can request up to 48 hours prior to arrival any check-in time they like for an upcoming stay. Here is the wording in the terms and conditions. Bolding is mine.

What is Your24™?

SPG Members who qualify for Your24 can request up to 48 hours prior to arrival any check-in time they like for an upcoming stay. If the request is confirmed, their check-out time will then be at that same time on their departure date. SPG Members checking in between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. are still eligible for late checkout. Requests are subject to availability; however, the SPG Member will be informed in advance of check-in whether the hotel can accommodate the request.

In essence, once confirmed it is guaranteed. It must be available at the 48 hour window. I would expect it to normally be available; however if at the time you request the Your24 the hotel is sold out they may decline your request. In essence, I see this as being something that you will normally get; however the hotel is not going to change the check in times of arriving guests or bump guest to allow this benefit. However you will know in advance of your arrival if your request is being approved.

Last edited by dmgt; Feb 4, 2012 at 4:03 pm
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Just a point of clarification. If one qualifies during calendar 2012 with 75 nights but after March 1, 2012, I assume that this benefit begins immediately and expires end of February 2014, right?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by dmgt
Hi:

If you read the terms and conditions, it is guaranteed if available. SPG Members who qualify for Your24 can request up to 48 hours prior to arrival any check-in time they like for an upcoming stay. Here is the wording in the terms and conditions. Bolding is mine.
The terms you quote make no mention of any guarantee. The terms posted in this thread and the way the lurkers talk, this benefit is solely based on availability (like suite upgrades for plats). The website, on the other hand, clearly states a 24 hour stay is guaranteed (like 4pm check out in non resort/cc hotels).

There is a clear contradiction between the websites verbiage and the terms listed in this thread. It's based on availability or guaranteed. Not both.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
Doesn't this have the potential for further reduce upgrade opportunities foir those who don't have 75 nights. Assume a 75-nighter arrives for a 2 might stay, at midnight, and is upgraded with the guarentee. Checks out 2 days later at midnight...reducing upgarde opportunities for those non-75 night platimums arrivng that day. There is not an endless supply of suites at any hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.