Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae - SFO), CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Was booking a stay at the 4P SFO and saw this one pop up.

Aloft San Francisco Airport - Opening July 15, 2012

401 East Millbrae Avenue
Millbrae,
California
United States
Looks like the address for the old Clarion Hotel SFO, which looks under renovation (gutting?) last time driving past it.

Nice to have another option in the SFO area.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:34 am
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Nice. Im going SF this spring. That gives me another option.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:01 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by myperks
Opening July 15, 2012
Originally Posted by gwhit21
Nice. Im going SF this spring. That gives me another option.
Make sure you make a reservation elsewhere as well. Unless you're going in REALLY late spring.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
If gwhit21 is coming from Texas to SF in July, it will be like winter--the season before spring...so no problems there.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
If gwhit21 is coming from Texas to SF in July, it will be like winter--the season before spring...so no problems there.
I'll take bets that the hotel doesn't open until actual winter or later. I don't think I have ever seen a property come within four months of its initial opening guess.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:50 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by myperks
Was booking a stay at the 4P SFO and saw this one pop up.

Looks like the address for the old Clarion Hotel SFO, which looks under renovation (gutting?) last time driving past it.

Nice to have another option in the SFO area.
It is the old Clarion and I'll be happy when it's all done as that's where I park when flying out of SFO and the construction has severely limited the number of parking spaces
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by goalie
that's where I park when flying out of SFO
A bit OT, but why? If you're in that area, parking at Millbrae BART is cheaper (and free on weekends).
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
A bit OT, but why? If you're in that area, parking at Millbrae BART is cheaper (and free on weekends).
I've parked at Millbrae many times but not all my travel is on weekends and sometimes the first train in the morning ex-Millbrae doesn't work for say a 6am flight.

QuikPark SFO
$9.00/day ($9.90 all in with taxes)
Free shuttle
Frequent parking program (1 sticker rec'd for each stay, 3 stickers = free day, 6 stickers = 3 free days & 12 stickers = 1 free week)

Bart (assuming free weekend parking)
$8.00 round trip

For me, I'll spend the $1.90
Old Dec 18, 2011, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
For me, I'll spend the $1.90
Assuming all your trips are one day...
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:51 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'll take bets that the hotel doesn't open until actual winter or later. I don't think I have ever seen a property come within four months of its initial opening guess.
Yeah, looks like I am of luck on this one. Oh well, spg has some great SF props to choose from.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Just drove past the hotel and its still covered with scaffolding and netting.
Not open for sure at this time!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Just drove past the hotel and its still covered with scaffolding and netting.
Not open for sure at this time!
But atleast the sign is now uncovered and most of the tarps are gone. Curious as to when it will actually open.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
deleted.

Last edited by yvr76; Sep 16, 2012 at 4:57 pm Reason: wrong property
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
It officially opened last week, and I stayed there Friday night, which they said was night 3. The staff was clearly getting up to speed on everything from checkin to room types to the aloft breakfast, but they were all incredibly nice and helpful, and there were always a lot of front desk folks around. Plus, I think, 2 manager-types milling about to help.

At first glance, it pretty much looks like all other alofts I've been to, but it quickly becomes apparent that it is a refurb. The rooms and bathrooms are much smaller than Broomfield and Denver where I've been recently. Also, since the construction is not new, there seemed to be little to no soundproofing. You will want a room facing "the garden" and not SFO, unless you enjoy jet engines and rattling windows. Garden side was much quieter, although hallway and upstairs noise were also pretty evident. The other really odd thing was that I paid extra for an in-room movie credit rate, but the hotel did not have an on demand system hooked up. Front desk happily and quickly adjusted my rate, but you will want to steer clear of it on SPG.com.

None of this said to scare you off, more just warning. The interior looks and feels brand new, like any aloft. Good size wxyz bar, good freshly made aloft breakfast free for Plats. Very nice staff. Prompt shuttle service to SFO, shared with the Westin, which also shares the parking lot. I find the Westin a little tired, and would likely stay at the aloft next time assuming the rate was right. You can always walk across the lot to the Westin if you want a full service hotel restaurant and more *points. Or better yet, 5 min walk across the 101 to In-n-Out

Last edited by SAN-man; Sep 18, 2012 at 8:19 am Reason: Autocorrect is not my friend
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SAN-man
Or better yet, 5 min walk across the 101
You ARE from So Cal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.