Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Get ready for SPG®’s newest promotion, SPG Triple Up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get ready for SPG®’s newest promotion, SPG Triple Up

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jakpot
Ouch same here.....Q4 all in Frankfurt.....a shutout on this promo! Gonna look around harder now....
Shutout in Frankfurt - you ain't kidding !!

On the non-participating list:
Le Méridien Parkhotel Frankfurt
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel
The Westin Grand Frankfurt

The list was so long, I thought initially it was the participating list.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
256 non-participating hotels, Reminded me of last year's end of the year promo. Was a high number too.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:30 pm

Why oh why oh why does SPG continue allow their branded hotels to not participate in these promos? They should be either in or out, simple as that.

Three of my four upcoming stays during the promo period are at non participating hotels, I will 100% cancel and stay elsewhere, and also send an e-mail to the properties telling them why. Ridiculous.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
That is a LOOONG list of non-participating hotels and for many areas includes all the SPG hotels When I first saw the link was to non-participating rather than participating I thought oh good, those not participating must be a small number...wow was I wrong.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why would a hotel which is doing just fine, take a hit to its bottom line by participating in a promotion which it doesn't need? Maybe frustrating, but the threat of a coupld of people jumping ship isn't going to seriously change anybody's bottom line and therefore anybody's position on the promotion. Note that this promotion deliberately requires a Thursday or Sunday stay so as to exclude road warriors who need to stay somewhere.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by bzz100
Wow, in the 10 years I have been an SPG Platinum member this is the first time I have ever seen a list that excludes every single SPG hotel in the South Bay area of Northern California.

Four Points San Jose Downtown - NOPE
Sheraton San Jose - NOPE
Sheraton Sunnyvale - NOPE
Westin Palo Alto - NOPE
Sheraton Palo Alto - NOPE
W Silicon Valley - NOPE

This is really surprising as I frequent both Sunnyvale and San Jose properties and they don't always seem to have a high occupancy rate.

Oh well, after 100+ SPG stays this year I think I am going to try and max out on the Hyatt promo at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara (formerly Westin) and migrate over to the Hilton promo.

Also on the list:
Sheraton Pleasanton
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Absolutely crazy!! I have stays booked at the Westin Edina Galleria till the end of December and now its listed as a non participating property! They'll be getting an email from me this..

Last edited by PrivatePilot; Nov 22, 2011 at 12:40 pm
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Great promo. Moved my stay @ the W Hong Kong to points, and all of my stays in Bangkok to cash.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by why fly
well that was easy 2 SPG hotels cancelled sent an email to manager telling them they are not participating in promotion so i will stay at another hotel.
Originally Posted by starflyer
So fire off a quick email to those hotels telling them you're not staying with them because of their non-participation in the promo. Maybe you can help change their behavior for the next promo.
Many of these same hotels are 'problem' hotels when it comes to SPG compliance anyway @:-)

Maybe this list is one Starwood Corporate should give a little extra attention to?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Of the 20 hotels I visit most frequently, 14 are on the list.
Originally Posted by AJLondon
And as a point of comparison, from what I can tell so far, Hyatt's 30k promo does not have even one property exclusion.
Keep this number handy, then: 1-888-591-1234
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG Gold
If my stay is for the night of the December 18th, do I qualify for the promotion?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Silver, UA 1K, DL Silver
Works well for me staying in New York. Better than the triple point promo last year with only a few New York hotels participating. And all my stays are Sunday through Friday in high cost hotels. Only thing that could make it better would be for quadruple points if a stay was for both Sunday and Thursday, but I will take it as is.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kiu92
If my stay is for the night of the December 18th, do I qualify for the promotion?
Yes.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Wow, I'm totally striking out on this promo:

St. Regis Beijing
Sheraton Taipei
W Hollywood

Not exactly cheap properties! Last quarter's promo wasn't useful to me either. I have 3 resort nights that will expire because I have no desire to stay at any listed properties.

Time to start switching to points, or looking at alternate locations.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:51 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Guess I'll be trying out the Hyatt as part of my hotel hopping to maintain Plat. Worthless promo with the exclusions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.