Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel, Shanghai, China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel, Shanghai, China

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
This hotel is now a JinJiang property. It is no longer a Sheraton. I noticed this yesterday when driving past.
Yes, effective March 1, I believe.
I tried to make a reservation for my next stay, as this is my most convenient
location in Shanghai, and was unable to.

Sigh, I've been staying here ever since it was the Westin Tai Pin Yang.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Yes, effective March 1, I believe.
I tried to make a reservation for my next stay, as this is my most convenient
location in Shanghai, and was unable to.

Sigh, I've been staying here ever since it was the Westin Tai Pin Yang.
You can stay at the Ren next door now and get all your benefits but I guess if you really need the night/stay credit you'll have to find another Starwood.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:36 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
You can stay at the Ren next door now and get all your benefits but I guess if you really need the night/stay credit you'll have to find another Starwood.
Or a few stops on line 2 from there is the Ren Zhongshan Park, which appears to be better rated. Both appear more expensive that the Sheraton was.

I made this my go to hotel in Shanghai, price and amenities main factors, but have no further plans to stay in Shanghai in the future.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat
There is also a new Meridien that is not far from there. Nice property and just south of Hongqiao airport
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I checked out the Rennaissance, but the reviews in the Marriott forum were
not that great.

For now I'll be staying at either the Hongkou or the Westin on the Bund.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
This hotel is now a JinJiang property. It is no longer a Sheraton. I noticed this yesterday when driving past.
Ah geez, totally didn't notice this happened. Not a huge loss but did have a fair number of stays here as it was convenient enough for me zipping back and forth between Nanjing and Shanghai. For a 9 month period I was checking rates nearly daily and this place had about the largest regular spread (IMR) of any of the Shanghai Starwoods - generally 550-1300RMB. It's the one SW in China I'm familiar with that had rate spreads similar to those found near US airports.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I used to be regular at the Sheraton Hongqiao. I got an email from them in March about the change and offering 500 bonus points if I stay with them (PeakPoints by Worldhotels​​​​​​).
I stated at the Le Meridien Shanghai, Minhang instead. It is a nice property and not too far.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IluvSQ

For now I'll be staying at either the Hongkou or the Westin on the Bund.
While it may be common knowledge for most people here, I'd like to point out that the Westin isn't especially close to the Bund.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
deleted. Sorry.

Last edited by abraxis; Aug 23, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.