Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel Contact information

The email address (as of April, 2019) to contact the hotel concierge in advance of your stay is: [email protected]
They can help make restaurant reservations, etc.
This is not on the website.
Print Wikipost

St Regis Osaka, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
According to your profile, you have Starwood Platinum (P) status. If true, you qualify for gteed room availability (see below) as one of your Plat benefits:

Guaranteed room availability when your room is booked by 3 p.m., 72+ hours prior to arrival.
Although you'd pay rack rate. The sheraton Miyako may be a good value on points, but the Kobe Bay Sheraton is a better hotel.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: N/A
Hi all,

As an SPG gold member is it worth booking the Grand deluxe room in hopes of a suite upgrade for $33 more than the regular deluxe room?

Also, would anyone highly advise against using Osaka as a home base to visit Kyoto/Nara over 2-3 days? Hotels in Kyoto are quite pricey and do not mind the commute (and also appreciate the nightlife of osaka)

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JBG89
Hi all,

As an SPG gold member is it worth booking the Grand deluxe room in hopes of a suite upgrade for $33 more than the regular deluxe room?

Also, would anyone highly advise against using Osaka as a home base to visit Kyoto/Nara over 2-3 days? Hotels in Kyoto are quite pricey and do not mind the commute (and also appreciate the nightlife of osaka)

Thanks!
PLT upgrades are rare at this hotel so it's doubtful you will see any upgrade as Gold. I'll be using this hotel as a home base for my trip and doing day trips to Kyoto/Nara.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JBG89
Hi all,

Thanks!
I would definitely use it as a base. Trains are plentiful and easy from Osaka to both of those places. Book with what your comfortable with.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
I got an upgrade (1 category upgrade) when I was still Gold about 9 months ago.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:51 am

I guess without SNA it's not possible to get upgraded to suite right?
I booked a Deluxe room only.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kodansha999
Would probably help if you were at least in Grand Deluxe but don't count on getting a suite.
Most Japanese hotels have a very literal interpretation of upgrade policies. They will upgrade if a one category upgrade is available for the duration of the stay, but they will not liberally give out multi-category upgrades. Booking through Virtuoso might help get up to a suite from Grand Deluxe?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by kodansha999
We just returned from 5 nights booked on points in a Grand Deluxe room through a friend who is Plat. We didn't expect to get any benefits since he wasn't staying with us but they honored all benefits, including an upgrade to the Grand Deluxe Suite! As others have mentioned, there is quite a difference between the two so I would recommend booking a Grand Deluxe if you want to get into a suite, it shouldn't be too much extra.

As far as SPG hotels goes, this one has to be up there as far as value for your points, especially if you are a Plat as the breakfast and minibar credits really add up. The location can't be beat either.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
SPG Hot Escapes good rate

Great rate of $176 @ this property (incl. mid week rates) in mid January:

http://www.spghotescapes.com/en/search/japan
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Great rate of $176 @ this property (incl. mid week rates) in mid January:

http://www.spghotescapes.com/en/search/japan
Only Westin Osaka shows up -_-
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by fakeman
Only Westin Osaka shows up -_-
The hotel probably missed the cut off date hence it's not listed. Just do the usual search in SPG website and you'll see the Hot Escapes rate.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Me + Mr. Zee will be staying at St. Regis Osaka for a couple nights in March, then heading to Tokyo for the weekend, and planning to use Avios to fly JAL. They have flights out of KIX and ITM, but I can't seem to figure out which is the better choice when departing the St. Regis. It will be a Friday, mid-day if that matters. I'm not looking for the cheapest option, but do not necessarily need a private car. St. Regis only provides info for KIX, but it seems ITM is closer and has more flight options from Osaka to Haneda, so I'm not sure which to pick. And advice would be appreciated!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:40 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by jemmazee
Me + Mr. Zee will be staying at St. Regis Osaka for a couple nights in March, then heading to Tokyo for the weekend, and planning to use Avios to fly JAL. They have flights out of KIX and ITM, but I can't seem to figure out which is the better choice when departing the St. Regis. It will be a Friday, mid-day if that matters. I'm not looking for the cheapest option, but do not necessarily need a private car. St. Regis only provides info for KIX, but it seems ITM is closer and has more flight options from Osaka to Haneda, so I'm not sure which to pick. And advice would be appreciated!
If you don't mind the subway and have enough time, you can take the subway (single ride, either direction no transfer) to Osaka or Namba station first then there's a bus to ITM http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/index2.html
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Driving will be muck quicker to ITM (15kms/20 min) than to KIX (45kms/45 min). Going by public transport is much of a muchness, as both involve taking a subway and then the limousine bus (ITM or KIX) or subway + train (KIX).

The biggest advantage in flying out of ITM though, is landing into HND which is much more convenient than NRT (not sure if there are KIX-HND flights).
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
I would choose ITM, no questions asked. Much easier to get to by car or public transit. My preferred public transit method is subway from Homachi to Umeda (2 stops), the Hankyu Takarazuka line to Hotarugaike (if you're lucky and get an express train, it's three stops otherwise it's something like 8 or 9), and then one stop on the monorail.

Last edited by flyingeph12; Feb 25, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.